Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 181

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Brooks Bollinger Part 2
    Did brooks win a championship in college and have a father whose favorite player ever is Joe Namath?

  2. #42
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Thanks for making your opinion known. You can exit the thread now.
    who's opinion? were these not your words?

    I can start quoting posts if you like.

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's not a NFL QB. Period. End of story
    Umm, no, it's not "period, end of story".


    More accurately, the statement is a crock of **** and I'm actually kind of surprised to see that coming from you.

  4. #44
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you folks who are calling for Tebow understand that in order for him to start and play effectively they will have to scrap the whole offense.
    Tim is not a conventional QB he is an option QB and can not run the offense that is already in place. That decision would effect the entire offensive unit and take time to make happen. Not even sure we have the players to run that offense correctly.
    Bringing Tim in here was totally unfair to both him and the entire Jets organization and wasted a year of his playing career.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, no, it's not "period, end of story".


    More accurately, the statement is a crock of **** and I'm actually kind of surprised to see that coming from you.
    Yes, it is.

  6. #46
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Don't you folks who are calling for Tebow understand that in order for him to start and play effectively they will have to scrap the whole offense.
    Tim is not a conventional QB he is an option QB and can not run the offense that is already in place. That decision would effect the entire offensive unit and take time to make happen. Not even sure we have the players to run that offense correctly.
    Bringing Tim in here was totally unfair to both him and the entire Jets organization and wasted a year of his playing career.
    haven't you heard? He's got special stuff.

    Facts and logic bow down to the awe of Tim Tebow's special stuff.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, no, it's not "period, end of story".


    More accurately, the statement is a crock of **** and I'm actually kind of surprised to see that coming from you.
    Well it is for me. Seems 30 other teams think it too. Does that make us right? We'll find out in a couple of yrs.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's not a NFL QB. Period. End of story
    And you know this because you've seen him get a chance to play here or because of the 11 games he got as a starter last year?

    The kid hasn't even been given a chance to play 1 full season but you know he's not a franchise QB because you don't like the way he throws the ball (I don't either) and you think that can't be corrected (I disagree)? Sorry, I think I'd roll with his completion percentage because he makes plays and keeps drives alive. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben minus the raping. Ben throws better but he didn't really throw the ball well until his 3rd season.

    Tim will get better with reps. That's what I believe.

    I also believe that McElroy doesn't have the arm or the balls to win in the NFL.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    haven't you heard? He's got special stuff.

    Facts and logic bow down to the awe of Tim Tebow's special stuff.
    Ironic thing cupcake is that the next post of your's that actually contains facts and logic will be the first to do so.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    haven't you heard? He's got special stuff.

    Facts and logic bow down to the awe of Tim Tebow's special stuff.
    He's got special stuff alright. Maybe when he used that special stuff for the 8th time on the season against the Jets last year you were busy sucking your thumb during your nap time.

    But hey, Mark Sanchez = 3:16... believe in it! He's the best! No wait, now it's McElroy 3:16. He's the best!!!

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    He reminds me a lot of Big Ben minus the raping.
    lmao.

    Southside, you complete me.

  12. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Well it is for me. Seems 30 other teams think it too. Does that make us right? We'll find out in a couple of yrs.
    You've sat through 4 freaking years of waiting for Mark to develop, yet you and others have written Tebow off after a whopping 16 starts, where he just happens to be 9-7.

    Nice.


    I always gave you more credit than that Cman.

  13. #53
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    He's got special stuff alright. Maybe when he used that special stuff for the 8th time on the season against the Jets last year you were busy sucking your thumb during your nap time.

    But hey, Mark Sanchez = 3:16... believe in it! He's the best! No wait, now it's McElroy 3:16. He's the best!!!
    What does his special stuff taste like?

    We all know no woman has ever tasted it, but perhaps you have?

  14. #54
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ironic thing cupcake is that the next post of your's that actually contains facts and logic will be the first to do so.
    well naturally I haven't posted anything with facts and logic because all I've done in this thread is quote Southside.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    What does his special stuff taste like?

    We all know no woman has ever tasted it, but perhaps you have?
    Oh a ghey joke. Shocking.

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, no, it's not "period, end of story".


    More accurately, the statement is a crock of **** and I'm actually kind of surprised to see that coming from you.
    You kind of in a no win situation with Tebow as a Jet this year...

    If he does play and plays well all of us haters will say it is because he is playing against crap teams... If he stinks we will pump our chest and say told you so... I don't think he is an NFL QB but what the F... do I know. The Jets coaching staff has refused to give him an opportunity for a reason. Either they think he is no good or are way too loyal to Mark.

    Best think for the Jets and Tebow is that he gets his opportunity with a team that will embrace having him next season and give him every opportunity to be a starter. I don't think that will happen but I am pretty sure that it surely won't happen with the Jets!

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    You kind of in a no win situation with Tebow as a Jet this year...

    If he does play and plays well all of us haters will say it is because he is playing against crap teams... If he stinks we will pump our chest and say told you so... I don't think he is an NFL QB but what the F... do I know. The Jets coaching staff has refused to give him an opportunity for a reason. Either they think he is no good or are way too loyal to Mark.

    Best think for the Jets and Tebow is that he gets his opportunity with a team that will embrace having him next season and give him every opportunity to be a starter. I don't think that will happen but I am pretty sure that it surely won't happen with the Jets!
    The Jets have also refuse to give anyone an opportunity who isn't wearing #6 and it's because they'd be admitting that the guy they hand picked was the wrong guy and only cost them 60M dollars and 4 wasted years, two of which were with a dominant defense and run game that was able to get the Jets to the AFCCG. The biggest mistake they made was cutting Brett Favre. Everyone knew he wasn't going to hang them up. We would have won the Super Bowl with Brett. I have no doubts about that.

    By the way, great post. And I agree. I want to see Tebow for more than one reason. He will prove whether or not he should be on this team and you won't have to deal with the "distraction" of having him on the bench next year.

  18. #58
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Oh a ghey joke. Shocking.
    Not a gay joke.

    It was a Tebow never immaculately conceiving joke.

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    well naturally I haven't posted anything with facts and logic because all I've done in this thread is quote Southside.
    You still running your mouth and not saying much of anything ? yep, thought so.

  20. #60
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    He's got special stuff alright. Maybe when he used that special stuff for the 8th time on the season against the Jets last year you were busy sucking your thumb during your nap time.

    But hey, Mark Sanchez = 3:16... believe in it! He's the best! No wait, now it's McElroy 3:16. He's the best!!!
    I wouldn't use last year's Jets Broncos game as an argument for starting Tebow. That was some of the most hideous QB play, for both teams, that I have ever seen. And if not for Sanchez's pick 6, Tebow wouldn't have had the chance to pull that last drive out of his ass.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us