Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Tebow moves the chains with his legs. Get used to it.

So put him in at RUNNING BACK then.

He's not an NFL QB. Get used to THAT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So put him in at RUNNING BACK then.

He's not an NFL QB. Get used to THAT.
    He's a winner. And he had a better QB rating than Mark Sanchez.

Get used to THAT!

And at some point you sissies need to accept the fact that someone wants to see him play purely for the circus that is Tim Tebow.

None of these guys can actually play QB. Don't you get this?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Next year, Demo will you be using the Demosthenes9 ID to post at JagwiresFans.com campaigning for your adored St Teblow or will you change it to something like JagTimfan that fits better

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Umm, no, because next year, I'll be here supporting our starting QB and watching you have a total complete breakdown.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Everyone of the games except the SF game we would have been in, and yes, both NE games, the first should have been ours, the second one was the Sanchez butt debacle, no way that happens with Tebow. The HOU game, all winnable. Tebow is a winner those games were ALL winnable with him under center, and now that Rex has turned the whole team against him we will never have that opportunity to see what he can do, big mistake.
    Wow, ok. If that is how you think then we are really far away in our opinion of Tim Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    He's a winner. And he had a better QB rating than Mark Sanchez.

Get used to THAT!

I'm very amused that you seem to be under the impression that I'm a Mark Sanchez dong-devourer.....whereas I've been Sanchez-Free for MONTHS now. Talk to southparkcpa if you don't believe me.

But Teblow sucks azz. 56 minutes of garbage.....followed by a solid drive-for-a-score when the opposing team decides to play prevent defense.

Yeah....He's a winner, alright.

And any one of us could go out there and have a better QB rating than Mark Sanchez.

And at some point you sissies need to accept the fact that someone wants to see him play purely for the circus that is Tim Tebow.

None of these guys can actually play QB. Don't you get this?
    What I get is that Greg McElroy is a 100x the QB that Mark Sanchez is.

I can't compare him to Teblow because Teblow isn't a REAL NFL QB!

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, no, because next year, I'll be here supporting our starting QB and watching you have a total complete breakdown.
    Okay...mind if I save this post of yours then?

You better be here next season AFTER Teblow is gone.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Everyone of the games except the SF game we would have been in, and yes, both NE games, the first should have been ours, the second one was the Sanchez butt debacle, no way that happens with Tebow. The HOU game, all winnable. Tebow is a winner those games were ALL winnable with him under center, and now that Rex has turned the whole team against him we will never have that opportunity to see what he can do, big mistake.
    By chance are you a Comedy writer?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    Wow, ok. If that is how you think then we are really far away in our opinion of Tim Tebow.
    Don't know. If you go back and look at our games, most of the wins haven't been all that impressive from the QB position. I mean, it's not like any sane person is going to argue that Sanchez was the key to winning the Colts game, or the Dolphins game. Even in games we lost where we had a chance to win at the end, only to have Sanchez fark it up, many of those weren't stellar either.

In short, it's not like we were winning very many 40 point shootouts with great play from the QB position. One could argue that in most of our wins, and even a number of our losses, Tebow would have done just as well as Mark, if not better (due to Mark's INTs and fumbles that always seem to happen at the wrong time).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    By chance are you a Comedy writer?
    I bet he ends most of his writing with "Try the veal."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm very amused that you seem to be under the impression that I'm a Mark Sanchez dong-devourer.....whereas I've been Sanchez-Free for MONTHS now. Talk to southparkcpa if you don't believe me.

But Teblow sucks azz. 56 minutes of garbage.....followed by a solid drive-for-a-score when the opposing team decides to play prevent defense.

Yeah....He's a winner, alright.

And any one of us could go out there and have a better QB rating than Mark Sanchez.

What I get is that Greg McElroy is a 100x the QB that Mark Sanchez is.

I can't compare him to Teblow because Teblow isn't a REAL NFL QB!
    Stop judging Tebow on last year's throwing. He changed his mechanics. He's thrown the ball well this year.

If you were going to bring him in here then it's time to play him. Season is done. Who gives a sh!t what McElroy has? He's not NFL starting capable. Tebow might have that ability. Let's see if he's improved.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    what about the SUCKCHEZ fans that only root for their loser of a QB and screw the Jets! As I see it Suckys fans are as bad as Tebow's fans. Only they don't know it.
    Yeah what a dick I am... rooting for the starting QB and team to succeed. Who does that?

Look for my other posts today putting my full support behind McElroy. I don't have a pro-Sanchez agenda. I have a support the starting QB agenda.

Can't say the same for the Tebow disciples.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know. If you go back and look at our games, most of the wins haven't been all that impressive from the QB position. I mean, it's not like any sane person is going to argue that Sanchez was the key to winning the Colts game, or the Dolphins game. Even in games we lost where we had a chance to win at the end, only to have Sanchez fark it up, many of those weren't stellar either.

In short, it's not like we were winning very many 40 point shootouts with great play from the QB position. One could argue that in most of our wins, and even a number of our losses, Tebow would have done just as well as Mark, if not better (due to Mark's INTs and fumbles that always seem to happen at the wrong time).
    I'm not saying strong QB play from Sanchez has fueled the Jets 5 wins, so I would agree that Tebow would possibly have the same 5 wins, but only possibly.

What I am saying is that there is absolutely no way Tebow starting makes the Jets any better than 5-7 this year.

I'm still unsure why people continue to insist that he is the reason why the Broncos made the playoffs last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Yeah what a dick I am... rooting for the starting QB and team to succeed. Who does that?

Look for my other posts today putting my full support behind McElroy. I don't have a pro-Sanchez agenda. I have a support the starting QB agenda.

So you'll root for the QB and the team but not Tebow.

Yeah, we got it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

So, just out of curiousity, when Rex has a press conference later this week and announces that Tim Tebow is going to start against Jacksonville, you are going to be fully supportive of the decision and supportive of Tebow as well ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, just out of curiousity, when Rex has a press conference later this week and announces that Tim Tebow is going to start against Jacksonville, you are going to be fully supportive of the decision and supportive of Tebow as well ?
    That's not happening. Talk about losing a locker room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't there a fantasy fiction thread somewhere for you to post this crap?

Hopefully Teblows ribs keep him deactivated for the rest of the season until his release on waivers

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really think that hasn't already happened? This team quit a long time ago. They showed it on the field. Their injured player showed it in his luxury suite box when he showed unbridled joy that McElroy got in the game... the same guy that called him a selfish stat whore the year before.

This isn't a team. He lost the team a long time ago and former players have mentioned about how bad that locker room is for a few years now. Started with Cotchery wanting out, LT talking, Kris Jenkins, etc...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    I'm not saying strong QB play from Sanchez has fueled the Jets 5 wins, so I would agree that Tebow would possibly have the same 5 wins, but only possibly.

What I am saying is that there is absolutely no way Tebow starting makes the Jets any better than 5-7 this year.

I'm still unsure why people continue to insist that he is the reason why the Broncos made the playoffs last year.

Try to make this short and sweet. You say that you agree that Tebow would possibly have the same 5 wins. Ok, let's say he does.

Let's then look at some other games. Against the Texans, we lost by 6, 23-17. Of our 17 points, 7 came via a special teams return for a TD. Offense scored 10 points. With 3:28 left, we get the ball at our 16 yard line needing to go 84 yards to tie the game with a TD and win with the PAT. During that drive, Sanchez throws a boneheaded interception.

How would Tebow have done ? Sure, it's possible he would have screwed it up, OR, it's possible that like last year, he would have gone "Tebow Time" like he did on 6 occasions last year and engineered a game winning drive.

Against Seattle, one could argue that Tebow wouldn't have thrown that boneheaded INT at the goal line. That was a play that completely changed the complexion of the game. The whole "momentum" thing.

Funny thing about won loss records is that if the outcome of 2 games changes, it's a 4 game swing on the record. Suddenly, 5 -7 and 2 games under .500 becomes 7-5 and 2 games over .500.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't actually know what it would do to the locker room, unless of course you are relying on that article claiming that teammates think Tebow is terrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the Pick-6ers vs the Tebowites is hilarious. It's like watching an online pissing contest between Palestine and Israel.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try to make this short and sweet. You say that you agree that Tebow would possibly have the same 5 wins. Ok, let's say he does.

Let's then look at some other games. Against the Texans, we lost by 6, 23-17. Of our 17 points, 7 came via a special teams return for a TD. Offense scored 10 points. With 3:28 left, we get the ball at our 16 yard line needing to go 84 yards to tie the game with a TD and win with the PAT. During that drive, Sanchez throws a boneheaded interception.

How would Tebow have done ? Sure, it's possible he would have screwed it up, OR, it's possible that like last year, he would have gone "Tebow Time" like he did on 6 occasions last year and engineered a game winning drive.

Against Seattle, one could argue that Tebow wouldn't have thrown that boneheaded INT at the goal line. That was a play that completely changed the complexion of the game. The whole "momentum" thing.

Funny thing about won loss records is that if the outcome of 2 games changes, it's a 4 game swing on the record. Suddenly, 5 -7 and 2 games under .500 becomes 7-5 and 2 games over .500.
    And if Shonne Greene became Jim Brown we could be undefeated.. Come on now, you are really stretching this no?