Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Watching the Pick-6ers vs the Tebowites is hilarious. It's like watching an online pissing contest between Palestine and Israel.
    Do you have a link for that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Stop judging Tebow on last year's throwing. He changed his mechanics. He's thrown the ball well this year.
    You sound just like Rex Ryan....

If you were going to bring him in here then it's time to play him. Season is done. Who gives a sh!t what McElroy has? He's not NFL starting capable. Tebow might have that ability. Let's see if he's improved.
    Who gives a sh!t what McElroy has?

Rex Ryan apparently does since he waited until Teblow was deactivated so he can have the excuse to go to the REAL #2 QB of the team to see what he has....

Only "ability" that Teblow has is being a distraction. I was about to say "Sucking" but Mark has outdone him in that department this year.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

Post Thanks / Like
    Start Tebow in Jacksonville; it will be a home game for him down there. If he stinks, put in McElroy. With the Colts, Steelers & Bengals all winning today the Jets have no real chance of the playoffs. Lets see if Tebow & McElroy have what it takes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You sound just like Rex Ryan....

Who gives a sh!t what McElroy has?

Rex Ryan apparently does since he waited until Teblow was deactivated so he can have the excuse to go to the REAL #2 QB of the team to see what he has....

Only "ability" that Teblow has is being a distraction. I was about to say "Sucking" but Mark has outdone him in that department this year.....
    Tebow is nursing broken ribs. That's why he's inactive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is nursing broken ribs. That's why he's inactive.
    Hence, why I said that Ryan WAITED for the opportunity to shut down Teblow, thus having the excuse he wanted to go to the QB he preferred to use.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    So, just out of curiousity, when Rex has a press conference later this week and announces that Tim Tebow is going to start against Jacksonville, you are going to be fully supportive of the decision and supportive of Tebow as well ?
    I would root for Tebow, yes.

Fortunately the scenario you envision won't be happening.

I'm not a Tebow hater, the guy will just never start for this team. The sooner you stop rooting against every QB in his path, the quicker you will realize this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I would root for Tebow, yes.

Fortunately the scenario you envision won't be happening.

I'm not a Tebow hater, the guy will just never start for this team. The sooner you stop rooting against every QB in his path, the quicker you will realize this.
    Go back and read through some of my posts from the preseason and early in the year. I was pulling for Sanchez in the beginning.

Short explanation: Yes, I'm a Tebow fan but I felt that Tebow would benefit from having a year as the #2 being developed by the coaching staff. This was back before I learned from everyone else just how terrible Cavanaugh is.

Anyways, Sanchez would be the starter, he'd benefit from Tebow's presence due to a health competitive rivalry, and perhaps even gain something from Tebow's "intangibles", like positive attitude, letting bad things go, being optimistic, yada, yada, yada. Tebow would have the year to develop, with the added benefit of actually making it onto the field and contributing to the team in the WC/Spread Option, or whatever Sparano was creative enough to come up with.

I was behind and supportive of Sanchez and didn't start calling for him to be benched until well after he had shat the bed and demonstrated that he just didn't have it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    And if Shonne Greene became Jim Brown we could be undefeated.. Come on now, you are really stretching this no?
    Not, not a stretch at all.

As I said, the games in question were ones where most competent QBs, including Tebow could have had us in the position that we were in, and without the boneheaded turnovers, said QBs could have easily won 2 of the other games.

I'm not talking about games where the QB needed to come back and hang 35 points on the board in the second half, or win a 55-38 shootout.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you know this because you've seen him get a chance to play here or because of the 11 games he got as a starter last year?

The kid hasn't even been given a chance to play 1 full season but you know he's not a franchise QB because you don't like the way he throws the ball (I don't either) and you think that can't be corrected (I disagree)? Sorry, I think I'd roll with his completion percentage because he makes plays and keeps drives alive. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben minus the raping. Ben throws better but he didn't really throw the ball well until his 3rd season.

Tim will get better with reps. That's what I believe.

I also believe that McElroy doesn't have the arm or the balls to win in the NFL.
    so you can judge mcelroy off four drives but we can't judge tebow on his 11 games...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow and Clowney gets the Jets a wildcard at 9-7

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    This.

No thanks, we already have a turnover machine at QB.
    To be fair, if not for a generous PI call, he woulda had an INT too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Do you have a link for that?
    The world section on CNN is usually a good place to find it, lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I think Rex's actions spoke volumes. Sanchez has been horrible for a while, yet he waited for the week when Tebow was deactivated to make a switch.

McElroy will be the starter.
    Hammer meet Nail...You are right on...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HAVING A SPECIAL OFFENSE JUST FOR TEBOW IS BIG PROBLEM

I'm saying I've seen the Tebow Effect with my own eyes and let's be honest, it's exciting. I've also seen McElroy. He's nothing special. His "National Championship" had nothing to do with him and everything to do with Nick Saban and that Alabama defense. However, Tim Tebow is a winner on his own. He's got a Championship ring that he earned and a Heisman Trophy to prove it.

He's on the team. He's fun to watch. Let's go with it. Quit being a bunch of p()ssies. Greg McElroy isn't the answer.
    THE problem with putting Tebow in as starter is that he NEEDs a specialized offense geared to work with his skills a runner, option guy, etc. Sparano would have to overhaul the entire offense; the timing would be off, THERE WOULD be multiple mistakes like you can't imagine: missed blocks, players going the wrong routes, etc. McElroy can run the Sparano offense, like a Chad Pennington - type player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    THE problem with putting Tebow in as starter is that he NEEDs a specialized offense geared to work with his skills a runner, option guy, etc. Sparano would have to overhaul the entire offense; the timing would be off, THERE WOULD be multiple mistakes like you can't imagine: missed blocks, players going the wrong routes, etc. McElroy can run the Sparano offense, like a Chad Pennington - type player.
    Which is why I don't want some special offense for Tebow.

Give him the normal offense. See what he can do. If he sucks we can trade him or out right cut him in the offseason. I want Tebow resolution.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, but it is doable. Denver did it last year. But this late in the season, there is no point in changing the offense.

The way Rex has managed this will cost everyone their jobs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a longtime Tebow hater and I love it that McElroy won a game for us before that Jesus freak did. Now that Sanchez has been benched for someone other than Tebow, it doesn't make sense why Tebow is even here anymore- get rid of him I don't care how. McElroy for the rest of the year, Alex Smith 2013.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    It may well go down as a blot on Rex's record that we never got to find out in a season as demoralizing as this one.
    lo..no it won't...Tebow CANNOT play

We dont know what McElroy can do

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if there is a God, Brokeribs will be inactive for the remaining four games and Sanchez will back up GMac

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow gives us the best chance at a spectacle. Plus he's a dynamo.

Do the right thing Rex.

Say no to Bolly part 2.

The circus has come full circle. Embrace it.