Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Alex Smith 2013.
    Get lost.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    If nothing else, you're honest.

Get lost.
    Good God, this. Why the hell would we want Baby Hands Smiff?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was amazed someone would post that kind of drivel myself. Smith is a loser.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm convinced that this team quit on Mark Sanchez. There have been really interesting points being made about the attitude of the team once Greg came in. It was a case of "Please, anyone BUT Sanchez!" Many comments have been made about how the OLine played better, the RBs played better, the defense got some more life, the stadium was rocking, and apparently Santonio Holmes was going ballistic in his luxury suite.

I think Tebow is a better leader, has more of that special stuff, and he's more of a threat with his legs. I think the talk about Tebow's accuracy is legitimate but also somewhat over blown. He has barely any reps throwing to these guys.

Let's be honest. 5-7 for 29 yards and a TD. Is that really what we're looking for? He played turnover free and extremely safe at the QB position. That's not going to cut it in this league. The big thing to remember is that McElroy didn't make stupid mistakes like Mark did. But that is exactly how Tebow plays too. He doesn't turn the ball over. As bad as he throws at times, he doesn't throw a lot of INTs. You can argue that it's because his throws are SO inaccurate that no body can catch it and that's valid at time. But he also throws a lot of good TDs too. I think the time off that he's had to work on the mechanics (and no I'm not that confident in the coaches on the Jets to actually coach this) he might just be a little bit better right now.

At the end of the day it will at least be exciting. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in seeing, Brooks Bollinger part 2. I don't see anything in Greg McElroy that tells me he's the answer.
    For real?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think most people think Tebow would be just average at best, so why give him a shot if the best he can be is marginal?

I dunno, fwiw, i wanted to see him at least have a shot to fail. They never even gave him a series in a system that he could work with. Whatever.

People hate him because he is Christian too. Guess thats out these days. I like him for it. Obviously depends on what side of the fence of that argument your are on.

Go Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I think most people think Tebow would be just average at best, so why give him a shot if the best he can be is marginal?

I dunno, fwiw, i wanted to see him at least have a shot to fail. They never even gave him a series in a system that he could work with. Whatever.

People hate him because he is Christian too. Guess thats out these days. I like him for it. Obviously depends on what side of the fence of that argument your are on.

Go Jets.
    Cry moar.

We don't want him as our QB because he ****ing sucks, not because he's Christian.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Not, not a stretch at all.

As I said, the games in question were ones where most competent QBs, including Tebow could have had us in the position that we were in, and without the boneheaded turnovers, said QBs could have easily won 2 of the other games.

I'm not talking about games where the QB needed to come back and hang 35 points on the board in the second half, or win a 55-38 shootout.
    You are assuming that a Tebow led offense would have scored the same amount as the Jets have done this year. Last year Tebow led the league in 3 and outs and averaged less then 20 points per game. It's not like he led the Broncos to a top 10 offense last year, they were pretty abysmal.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Go Jets.
    I'm Christian and I think that Tebow is a very good man but that has nothing to do with his ability to play QB. He is not very good, and that's in spite of the fact that he tries very hard. Trying and being are two very different things.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You are assuming that a Tebow led offense would have scored the same amount as the Jets have done this year. Last year Tebow led the league in 3 and outs and averaged less then 20 points per game. It's not like he led the Broncos to a top 10 offense last year, they were pretty abysmal.
    No, not the same amount, only need to score enough to have won.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    THE problem with putting Tebow in as starter is that he NEEDs a specialized offense geared to work with his skills a runner, option guy, etc. Sparano would have to overhaul the entire offense; the timing would be off, THERE WOULD be multiple mistakes like you can't imagine: missed blocks, players going the wrong routes, etc. McElroy can run the Sparano offense, like a Chad Pennington - type player.
    You are aware of the fact that the Tebow took a majority of his snaps from center while running a "normal" offense last year ? There were only a couple of games where the Option was a large part of the offense. The rest of the time, option plays were mixed in here and there.

Additionally, I guess you've concluded that tebow absolutely couldn't have progressed during and since training camp and the preseason?

Lastly, if they did decide to start Tebow, they SHOULD convert some of the existing plays to Option simply to take advantage of Tebow's skillset and to make things harder on defenses.

Basically, any running play that's currently run out of the shotgun should be converted. RB's would just need to learn to work the "mesh" and small changes would be made in blocking assignments. If they went to the Pistol, you could also modify some runs that come out of the I formation or single back sets. For those that don't know, in the Pistol is similar to the shotgun, but the QB is a bit closer to the line. One or two running backs like up behind him. Easy way to picture it is to see QB under center with RB 7 yards deep behind him. Then move the QB back 3 or 4 yards from the center.

Just about everything about the play would remain the same. Only differences would be that the RB might not get the ball from the "mesh". QB would read the away side of the play and decide whether to hand off or keep the ball. Blocking for the line could actually be left untouched.

In any case, a competent coaching staff could probably install a decent number of plays in 2 practice sessions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You are aware of the fact that the Tebow took a majority of his snaps from center while running a "normal" offense last year ? There were only a couple of games where the Option was a large part of the offense. The rest of the time, option plays were mixed in here and there.

Additionally, I guess you've concluded that tebow absolutely couldn't have progressed during and since training camp and the preseason?

Lastly, if they did decide to start Tebow, they SHOULD convert some of the existing plays to Option simply to take advantage of Tebow's skillset and to make things harder on defenses.

Basically, any running play that's currently run out of the shotgun should be converted. RB's would just need to learn to work the "mesh" and small changes would be made in blocking assignments. If they went to the Pistol, you could also modify some runs that come out of the I formation or single back sets. For those that don't know, in the Pistol is similar to the shotgun, but the QB is a bit closer to the line. One or two running backs like up behind him. Easy way to picture it is to see QB under center with RB 7 yards deep behind him. Then move the QB back 3 or 4 yards from the center.

Just about everything about the play would remain the same. Only differences would be that the RB might not get the ball from the "mesh". QB would read the away side of the play and decide whether to hand off or keep the ball. Blocking for the line could actually be left untouched.

In any case, a competent coaching staff could probably install a decent number of plays in 2 practice sessions.
    Well, there goes that dream...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, there goes that dream...
    That's true.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why have this pointless conov ?? Tebow will NEVER start one game for the JETS (unless both Sanchez and McElroy get injured & are unable to go).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demo

Did you watch that 2009 SEC championship game somebody linked on youtube?

Even way back then Greg McElroy was a vastly superior QB to your hero Teblow

Still is today

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    +1

It's more than just a coincidence that Rex decided to bench Sanchez in the first game where Tebow was inactive and McElroy was active. He used the most graceful way possible to solve the Tebow problem, much like the Broncos did by bringing in Manning.

I give credit to Rex for this move, and he would be a fool to not stick with McElroy at this point.
    +1

http://deadspin.com/5964662/tebowman...oy?tag=loljets

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma Teng Fei View Post
    lol

"...Since Thanksgiving, the new minimum performance standard for a Jets quarterback has been "Go out there and don't fumble away the ball for a defensive touchdown after running headfirst into your own lineman's keister."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Cry moar.

We don't want him as our QB because he ****ing sucks, not because he's Christian.
    LOL, some of the people posting against Tebow recently wanted Sanchez, and he's sucked for 4 years...

There's certainly something else involved, because objectively Tebow has the best resume of any QB on our team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yeah, for 29 yards and 4.1 per pass attempt. That's half of what RG3 does per pass attempt. This guy isn't the answer. Get it through your sad heads.
    Neither is Tebow.....get it through your sad head.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    LOL, some of the people posting against Tebow recently wanted Sanchez, and he's sucked for 4 years...

There's certainly something else involved, because objectively Tebow has the best resume of any QB on our team.
    Tom Brady had no resume when he was put in for Drew Bledsoe....
    How did that work out?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Tom Brady had no resume when he was put in for Drew Bledsoe....
    How did that work out?
    If you're the extent of your reasoning is "try it because: Brady" fair enough. I guess every team without a superstar at QB should just draft a QB in the 6-7th round, and start him.