Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What's The Real Story ???

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    What's The Real Story ???

    This team's personel decisions have been effected by the economics of the new stadium for the last 5 years. What ever happened to the words Mangini and Tannenbaum spoke about regarding "building from within" when they got hired??

    In this economy, they have tried to put "sizzle on the steak" over and over to sell seats, fill the new stadioum and get the Jets over the top. Many of the personel moves have been inefficient and costly. They are moves many wise GM's would never have made. Many picks have been traded away. Couple that with alot of bad picks and you have the 2012 NY Jets.

    The untold story is the reneging of PSL's. Why do you think the upper deck is fairly empty? They've moved down in many cases to available seats. A friend of mine in my office was on the 1969 Super Bowl Team. Word is the team is very concerned about PSL's. Have you seen the advertisements? Without tailgating, the stadium would be half empty. Thank God the Jets got railroaded out of Manhatten.

    Woody knows the fans are on to his tampering, so we get "leaks" like yesterday....."Woody prefers McElroy". That's a smokescreen and an insult.

    Sanchez has the skills, and he proved that his first 2 years (he's a 50-60 percentile QB on a non-deficient team), but now he is rattled. His immaturity was evident on HBO Hard Knocks. His mind has been spinning the last 2 years......no blocking, no decent HB, FB or lockerroom leadership. He's running for his life. Emotionally, he can't handle what's happening around him .

    Rex is an extremely friendly person who wants to please everyone and is a great defensive mind, but he acts like a buffoon. When the times were good (with Mangini's personel) his act flew. Once the team regressed in talent which resulted in sub-playoff performances, the players saw through the bull**** and he lost the locker room twice. Rex probably also tilted the draft picks to the defense and neglected the offense. He is culpulable for this.

    Tannenbaum and his staff have wiffed on too many picks and FA moves, but you have to ask the question.......How much of that is coming from Woody ? I say alot.

    The troubling aspect of this is that if this is the case, then maybe Tannenbaum and Rex get a pass. This is all a real mess.......

    Only the Jets could attempt to get Manning, get flat out denied (he'd end up with a broken neck with their line), screw up Sanchez's head, sign Mark to a guaranteed extension to make up, then get Tebow (for the "sizzle", "you can never get enough of Tebow"), screw up Sanchez's head anyway, then not use Tebow. They look like complete idiots skipping over Tebow and using McElroy.

    The Jets are better off seeing what McElroy is made of. If he performs we have a QB. If not, we get a much better draft position, right? No, Woody can't do that for business reasons. Tannenbaum has to justify his resigning Sanchez. And Rex, well he just want to keep his job. Rex says, "It's 100% my decision" Yeh right. We're smarter than that.

    Woody's comes from a disfunctional family, and he has turned the Jets family into a dysfunctional one also.

    Woody come clean and admit your mistakes and hire a football guy and shut the **** up, otherwise you will have an empty stadium and the bad press of having to legally go after PSL owners who have thrown in the towel.

    It's a sad state of affairs. The diehard Jet fans deserve better. This is a disgrace.

    The next act will be interesting.....Woody's got to do something, now more than ever, like he always does......but what will it be?
    God only knows..

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you basically copy and pasted from the Sanchez is announced as a started thread because no one replied to your post??

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Woody Tampering" is alot like JFK, 911 Truthers and "We Never Landed on the Moon" folks.

    No evidence = proof.

    Evidence = Smokescreen Insult.

    Let me ask you, how many of you would own a Billion Dollar NFL football Team, and honestly could say you'd never ever have an opinion or give that opinion to your GM?

    I'm willing to bet not a single one of you could be as hands off as you demand Woody be. Not. One.

    I'm also willing to bet Woody isn't as hands on as the conspiracy makes out. He may have had a hand in Tebow, but so what....this team is wedded to Sanchez one way or the other. Only a drooling idiot believes Sanchez would have been benched for Drew Stanton, so having Tebow made no material difference either way.

    End of the Day, Woody isn't selling. So either get used to whatever meddling you think he's doing or don't. He's here one way or the other.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    So you basically copy and pasted from the Sanchez is announced as a started thread because no one replied to your post??
    No they moved it, it was and original thread. They probably didnt like the title. Check the times genius.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Woody Tampering" is alot like JFK, 911 Truthers and "We Never Landed on the Moon" folks.

    No evidence = proof.

    Evidence = Smokescreen Insult.

    Let me ask you, how many of you would own a Billion Dollar NFL football Team, and honestly could say you'd never ever have an opinion or give that opinion to your GM?

    I'm willing to bet not a single one of you could be as hands off as you demand Woody be. Not. One.

    I'm also willing to bet Woody isn't as hands on as the conspiracy makes out. He may have had a hand in Tebow, but so what....this team is wedded to Sanchez one way or the other. Only a drooling idiot believes Sanchez would have been benched for Drew Stanton, so having Tebow made no material difference either way.

    End of the Day, Woody isn't selling. So either get used to whatever meddling you think he's doing or don't. He's here one way or the other.
    I'm sure woody does tamper, but it does indeed sounds like an Oliver stone movie

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible DUNCEfp that they moved it for some logical reason and didn't want it started again on another thread???

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Woody Tampering" is alot like JFK, 911 Truthers and "We Never Landed on the Moon" folks.

    No evidence = proof.

    Evidence = Smokescreen Insult. Do you need everything spelled out to you in braille??

    Let me ask you, how many of you would own a Billion Dollar NFL football Team, and honestly could say you'd never ever have an opinion or give that opinion to your GM? The successfull owners leave the decision making to the GM. The successful GM's don't put up with it

    I'm willing to bet not a single one of you could be as hands off as you demand Woody be. Not. One. Maybe, so what?

    I'm also willing to bet Woody isn't as hands on as the conspiracy makes out. He may have had a hand in Tebow, but so what....this team is wedded to Sanchez one way or the other. Only a drooling idiot believes Sanchez would have been benched for Drew Stanton, so having Tebow made no material difference either way. No material difference?? It screwed up Sanchez big time..

    End of the Day, Woody isn't selling. So either get used to whatever meddling you think he's doing or don't. He's here one way or the other.
    So whats your point ??

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Is it possible DUNCEfp that they moved it for some logical reason and didn't want it started again on another thread???

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2


    Maybe, but this goes much deeper sg3

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    So whats your point ??
    Apparently it went sailing right over your tin-foil capped dome.

  10. #10
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Apparently it went sailing right over your tin-foil capped dome.
    Apparently your argument is shallow and taken at face value....worthless. I thought you were smarter than that. Sorry if you are blinded by homerism. You can go back to your bent over position.
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 12-05-2012 at 08:43 PM.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    Apparently your argument is shallow and taken at face value worthless. I thought you were smarter than that. Sorry if you are blinded by homerism. You can go back to your bent over position.
    if anyone is blinded by homerism, it's warfish

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody probably had some say on the Tebow thing, but if you think Woody is very hands on and meddlesome, show me the proof. Do you think Woody even knew who Chaz Schilens, Yeremiah bell, Laron Landry, Clyde Gates or Lex Hilliard even were before they signed? How about the draft? You think Woody is in the war room like Jerry Jones? Come on. Woody is no more meddlesome than every other owner in the league.

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4713717]Woody probably had some say on the Tebow thing, but if you think Woody is very hands on and meddlesome, show me the proof. Do you think Woody even knew who Chaz Schilens, Yeremiah bell, Laron Landry, Clyde Gates or Lex Hilliard even were before they signed? How about the draft? You think Woody is in the war room like Jerry Jones? Come on. Woody is no more meddlesome than every other owner in the league.[/

    Irrelevant. He has a staff to tell him all these things. If you think he's not consulted on virtually everything your mistaken. Youre also naive if you dont think the new stadium dont effect decision making. Farve? Tebow? Reaching and over paying for problem players, putting thee future into jeopardy?? Come on, look at the state of this team. The clown car was dead on accurate. During 2006 -2008, they made all the right moves. After 2008, same scouting staff, different motivation.
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 12-05-2012 at 08:42 PM.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Woody Tampering" is alot like JFK, 911 Truthers and "We Never Landed on the Moon" folks.

    No evidence = proof.

    Evidence = Smokescreen Insult.

    Let me ask you, how many of you would own a Billion Dollar NFL football Team, and honestly could say you'd never ever have an opinion or give that opinion to your GM?

    I'm willing to bet not a single one of you could be as hands off as you demand Woody be. Not. One.

    I'm also willing to bet Woody isn't as hands on as the conspiracy makes out. He may have had a hand in Tebow, but so what....this team is wedded to Sanchez one way or the other. Only a drooling idiot believes Sanchez would have been benched for Drew Stanton, so having Tebow made no material difference either way.

    End of the Day, Woody isn't selling. So either get used to whatever meddling you think he's doing or don't. He's here one way or the other.
    take a look up 95 North, Kraft learned his lesson the first time around. Woody didn't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us