Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

I'm convinced that this team quit on Mark Sanchez. There have been really interesting points being made about the attitude of the team once Greg came in. It was a case of "Please, anyone BUT Sanchez!" Many comments have been made about how the OLine played better, the RBs played better, the defense got some more life, the stadium was rocking, and apparently Santonio Holmes was going ballistic in his luxury suite.

I think Tebow is a better leader, has more of that special stuff, and he's more of a threat with his legs. I think the talk about Tebow's accuracy is legitimate but also somewhat over blown. He has barely any reps throwing to these guys.

Let's be honest. 5-7 for 29 yards and a TD. Is that really what we're looking for? He played turnover free and extremely safe at the QB position. That's not going to cut it in this league. The big thing to remember is that McElroy didn't make stupid mistakes like Mark did. But that is exactly how Tebow plays too. He doesn't turn the ball over. As bad as he throws at times, he doesn't throw a lot of INTs. You can argue that it's because his throws are SO inaccurate that no body can catch it and that's valid at time. But he also throws a lot of good TDs too. I think the time off that he's had to work on the mechanics (and no I'm not that confident in the coaches on the Jets to actually coach this) he might just be a little bit better right now.

At the end of the day it will at least be exciting. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in seeing, Brooks Bollinger part 2. I don't see anything in Greg McElroy that tells me he's the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    NO TEBLOW

NO NO NO

you make me want to punch my computer screen.

He's got "special stuff" alright, a legion of fans that suck at the teat of the Tebow.

edit for amazingness:

As bad as he throws at times, he doesn't throw a lot of INTs. You can argue that it's because his throws are SO inaccurate that no body can catch it and that's valid at time.
    Don't worry, he sucks so bad at throwing, that it's actually a positive!
    Last edited by Sanchez 3:16; 12-02-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: amazingness

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm convinced that this team quit on Mark Sanchez. There have been really interesting points being made about the attitude of the team once Greg came in. It was a case of "Please, anyone BUT Sanchez!" Many comments have been made about how the OLine played better, the RBs played better, the defense got some more life, the stadium was rocking, and apparently Santonio Holmes was going ballistic in his luxury suite.

I think Tebow is a better leader, has more of that special stuff, and he's more of a threat with his legs. I think the talk about Tebow's accuracy is legitimate but also somewhat over blown. He has barely any reps throwing to these guys.

Let's be honest. 5-7 for 29 yards and a TD. Is that really what we're looking for? He played turnover free and extremely safe at the QB position. That's not going to cut it in this league. The big thing to remember is that McElroy didn't make stupid mistakes like Mark did. But that is exactly how Tebow plays too. He doesn't turn the ball over. As bad as he throws at times, he doesn't throw a lot of INTs. You can argue that it's because his throws are SO inaccurate that no body can catch it and that's valid at time. But he also throws a lot of good TDs too. I think the time off that he's had to work on the mechanics (and no I'm not that confident in the coaches on the Jets to actually coach this) he might just be a little bit better right now.

At the end of the day it will at least be exciting. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in seeing, Brooks Bollinger part 2. I don't see anything in Greg McElroy that tells me he's the answer.
    He had four drives and did what was asked of him, and you want to put in Tebow??? Yes the run game was better, but he made plays when he needed to to. Also he had no practice snaps this week.

Idk what it is about Tebow, but people go Sanchez level crazy with their reasoning for why he is somehow good despite the suck that he shows on a regular basis.

Some of you guys live in your own worlds that have no basis in reality.

1. Last year Tebow turned it over 12 times in 11 games. He completed only 46.5% of his passes!
    2. McElroy. One incompletion was a bomb to Hill and the other was McElroy throwing it away. His QB rating was 118.

I'm saying I've seen the Tebow Effect with my own eyes and let's be honest, it's exciting. I've also seen McElroy. He's nothing special. His "National Championship" had nothing to do with him and everything to do with Nick Saban and that Alabama defense. However, Tim Tebow is a winner on his own. He's got a Championship ring that he earned and a Heisman Trophy to prove it.

He's on the team. He's fun to watch. Let's go with it. Quit being a bunch of p()ssies. Greg McElroy isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

1. Last year Tebow turned it over 12 times in 11 games. He completed only 46.5% of his passes!
    2. McElroy. One incompletion was a bomb to Hill and the other was McElroy throwing it away. His QB rating was 118.
    Yeah, for 29 yards and 4.1 per pass attempt. That's half of what RG3 does per pass attempt. This guy isn't the answer. Get it through your sad heads.

I say we forget this idea

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He had four drives and did what was asked of him, and you want to put in Tebow??? Yes the run game was better, but he made plays when he needed to to. Also he had no practice snaps this week.

Idk what it is about Tebow, but people go Sanchez level crazy with their reasoning for why he is somehow good despite the suck that he shows on a regular basis.
    Perhaps it's because last year, he was basically in the same situation that McElroy was in today and he ended up going 8-5 for the season with a playoff victory ?

Why not see if he's improved from that ? Surely, after giving Sanchez 4 years to see if he progressed, people might consider giving Tebow a shot to see if he has ?

I'm saying I've seen the Tebow Effect with my own eyes and let's be honest, it's exciting. I've also seen McElroy. He's nothing special. His "National Championship" had nothing to do with him and everything to do with Nick Saban and that Alabama defense. However, Tim Tebow is a winner on his own. He's got a Championship ring that he earned and a Heisman Trophy to prove it.

He's on the team. He's fun to watch. Let's go with it. Quit being a bunch of p()ssies. Greg McElroy isn't the answer.
    i'm glad you've decided McElroy is nothing special after watching his extensive professional career of a quarter and a half.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

This.

No thanks, we already have a turnover machine at QB.

it doesnt matter the season is over-I say let tebow and mcelroy both get shots to see who if either deserve to be on the roster next year

Yeah, for 29 yards and 4.1 per pass attempt. That's half of what RG3 does per pass attempt. This guy isn't the answer. Get it through your sad heads.
    I get it. You're drunk. No point in trying to talk sense or facts.

rex tanny and the entire jets organization missed the tebow train weeks ago. its mcelroy time!

Let's be honest. 5-7 for 29 yards and a TD. Is that really what we're looking for?
    Actually, yes. As long as McElroy can provide that he deserves the job for the rest of the campaign.

And if Tebow has to start, happy with that too.

But Sanchez is a f'king disgrace to the uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    i'm glad you've decided McElroy is nothing special after watching his extensive professional career of a quarter and a half.
    Add his 27 starts at Alabama to that and yeah, you get the point. He's a safe player at the QB position. He isn't going to win sh!t in the NFL but a couple of games where if you don't turn the ball over you win the game.

Brooks Bollinger Part 2

He also had no reps at all in practice and did move the team,where as Suckchez did squat

I just think Rex wants nothing to do with Tebow.He should have gone with Tebow after the Seattle game.

I'm not opposed to see Tebow getting a shot.Just no more Sanchez

Why? Trade bait? Tim Tebow is just awful. I got your special majic.
    Don't forget it was a easy TD if they wanted the second one....But you know what? He was smart enough to know it was a game over play not to score. Hater.

Brooks Bollinger Part 2
    I think, southside, that people are confident that McElroy won't lob passes to the defense or fumble from the fetal position. In a relative sense, this is something for us to get excited about.