Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Neither is Tebow.....get it through your sad head.
    TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Which is why I don't want some special offense for Tebow.

Give him the normal offense. See what he can do. If he sucks we can trade him or out right cut him in the offseason. I want Tebow resolution.
    Precisely. Make him drop back and hurl 50 passes. Lets see if the passing mechanics and ability to go thru progressions has improved.

Those who proclaim Tebow is not an NFL QB should be clamoring for this. Surely it will reveal he blows, right? Heck with the lack of skills at wideout, a porous O-Line, and scum at RB, Tebow will implode, right?

Perfect way once and for all to expose the farce that is Tebow, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Precisely. Make him drop back and hurl 50 passes. Lets see if the passing mechanics and ability to go thru progressions has improved.

Those who proclaim Tebow is not an NFL QB should be clamoring for this. Surely it will reveal he blows, right? Heck with the lack of skills at wideout, a porous O-Line, and scum at RB, Tebow will implode, right?

I think the only way to deal with the Tebow problem is to leave him inactive for the rest of the season and give him a lovely going away gift of a large plastic bag to pack up his belongings and go elsewhere

He's proved he blows as a QB already. No need for him to mess up any of the remaining four

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

no thanks I'd rather have an accurate QB

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    However, Tim Tebow is a winner on his own. He's got a Championship ring that he earned and a Heisman Trophy to prove it.
    Matt Leinart says hi.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

+1000000000000 and 000000100000010000001!
    Let Tebow play the rest of the season, or half a game and McElroy half a game for the rest of the season, so we can see what they've got. What are you afraid of? Tebow might lose a game and any chances for a playoff game? That's lost already. What ARE you guys really scared of? Wouldn't true Jets fans want to see what McElroy AND Tebow play like in actual JETS games before making a decision? I think the reason you don't want to even give Tebow a chance at QB is in this quote below:

So you'll root for the QB and the team but not Tebow.

Yeah, we got it.
    Yeah, that's what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    So, just out of curiousity, when Rex has a press conference later this week and announces that Tim Tebow is going to start against Jacksonville, you are going to be fully supportive of the decision and supportive of Tebow as well?
    I think you only got one answer, Demo, and he qualified his post by saying it would never happen. Then a few other people killed themselves and puked out their noses at the thought. I think a few actually intend to become Patriot fans if Tebow ever starts for the Jets. Even if the team started winning games, went to the championships and won the Superbowl, it wouldn't count if the QB was Tebow. I hate to sound like Spock, but these reactions are highly illogical.

Demo's post below applies to me as well:
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Go back and read through some of my posts from the preseason and early in the year. I was pulling for Sanchez in the beginning.

Short explanation: Yes, I'm a Tebow fan but I felt that Tebow would benefit from having a year as the #2 being developed by the coaching staff. This was back before I learned from everyone else just how terrible Cavanaugh is.

Anyways, Sanchez would be the starter, he'd benefit from Tebow's presence due to a health competitive rivalry, and perhaps even gain something from Tebow's "intangibles", like positive attitude, letting bad things go, being optimistic, yada, yada, yada. Tebow would have the year to develop, with the added benefit of actually making it onto the field and contributing to the team in the WC/Spread Option, or whatever Sparano was creative enough to come up with.

I was behind and supportive of Sanchez and didn't start calling for him to be benched until well after he had shat the bed and demonstrated that he just didn't have it.
    Yep, I know what you mean Demo. The 3 Tebow fans on this board (jk - must be 5 fans) refrained from trashing Sanchez for a long, long time even when he was playing god-awful. In contrast, Jets fans started trashing Tebow as soon as he was signed and were offended when we stuck up for Tebow. I've never said Tebow was a future HOFer - I've said he deserves a chance to show if he can or can't be a starting QB in the NFL. LOL at the fans who talk about how dumb Rex was to pin his future on Sanchez for 4 years, then in the next breath say that Tebow's not good enough to be a starting QB because SuperCoach Rex doesn't think so. Yeah, like Rex's spidey-senses are super awesome and served him well this season. GTFO

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think the only way to deal with the Tebow problem is to leave him inactive for the rest of the season and give him a lovely going away gift of a large plastic bag to pack up his belongings and go elsewhere

He's proved he blows as a QB already. No need for him to mess up any of the remaining four

Rex, is that you? I know your crystal ball tells you that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, so don't worry. Nobody's going to start Tebow and make you look like a fool when he plays better than Sanchez. Sleep tight baby.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim can develop somewhere else. WE G-MAC SHOW NOW.

GBOW! GBOW! GBOW!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tim can develop somewhere else. WE G-MAC SHOW NOW.

GBOW! GBOW! GBOW!
    Hahaha I suspected my fellow insomniac would be online right about now! I don't see why we can't do a half and half, though - instead of a Dirty Sanchez. Half-Mac and half-Tebow for a MacBow. But I must insist that you go take Sparano's place or none of the calls will be any good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Hahaha I suspected my fellow insomniac would be online right about now! I don't see why we can't do a half and half, though - instead of a Dirty Sanchez. Half-Mac and half-Tebow for a MacBow. But I must insist that you go take Sparano's place or none of the calls will be any good.
    I'm certain I could come up with something more clever than "Ok, snap Tim the ball. Tim, now you run right into the back of your lineman every single time, ok? Damnit, T-Spo! You're a genius, baby!".

Anyway, I don't even know if we'll continue with the Tebowcat much more (if at all) this season. Who knows.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-05-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm certain I could come up with something more clever than "Ok, snap Tim the ball. Tim, now you right right into the back of your lineman every single time, ok? Damnit, T-Spo! You're a genius, baby!".

Anyway, I don't even know if we'll continue with the Tebowcat much more (if at all) this season. Who knows.
    D*mn straight you could call better than the Spore. I don't want to see any more of the weird Tebowcat that Sparano does. Just let Tebow do it like any other QB does - sink or swim.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    D*mn straight you could call better than the Spore. I don't want to see any more of the weird Tebowcat that Sparano does. Just let Tebow do it like any other QB does - sink or swim.
    That would only happen if he became the starter. If he wasn't doing this wildcat stuff then he wouldn't ever play.

It's almost cruel how his career has become this side-show ran by Tony.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW
    Chanting his name doesn't make him a better QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we all lost; Rex is starting Cantchez.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    As of now, Rex Ryan hasn't announced anything to tm, per 1 player, but as @AdamSchefter reported, RR "almost certain" to go Sanchez. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we all lost; Rex is starting Cantchez.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    As of now, Rex Ryan hasn't announced anything to tm, per 1 player, but as @AdamSchefter reported, RR "almost certain" to go Sanchez. #Jets
    After Coach Clueless confirms this moronic decision look for him to top it off with the announcement that McElroy will be inactive and Teblow the backup because "mark and tim give us the best chance of winning"

So long Rex Kotite....have a good life

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a few actually intend to become Patriot fans if Tebow ever starts for the Jets.
    Patsies- no. I go through phases of rooting for certain other teams to do well secondarily, but NEVER the Patriots or VaGiants.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    After Coach Clueless confirms this moronic decision look for him to top it off with the announcement that McElroy will be inactive and Teblow the backup because "mark and tim give us the best chance of winning"

So long Rex Kotite....have a good life

That might be pushing it but I'm fed up with Rex now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Teblow ever sets foot on the field as the Jet starting QB...

I'm thinking about a nice throwback Johhny U jersey and the superbowl bound in a few seasons (with a bit of Luck) Colts of Indianapolis..

Nice indoor stadium...St Elmos...why not

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess Rex took my suggestion. He declared Tebow the #2 QB when he's healthy.

Boom.