Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 181

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Not sure I follow this...

    Regardless, Arian Foster wasn't even drafted! Kurt Warner!

    Come on... Football people have seen Tebow in the NFL and are not impressed. Not certain it will happen but McErloy is getting his chance now. Lets see what happens. I am not overly optimistic but I think it will be better than what we have been seeing from our QB play the last 16 weeks...
    Tom Brady, exception to the rule. McElroy doesn't have a smidgen of Tom Brady's talent at all.

    You might be right about Tebow. I've also said the guy is a horrible QB. But at this point I want to see what he can do because I know exactly what we have in Mark Sanchez and I'm about 99% sure about McElroy. At least Tebow is fun to watch because of his energy and his big play ability. McElroy is boring. Period.

    Brooks Bollinger Part 2. And some of you are actually excited about this. I'd be more excited if we cut McElroy and signed Drew Henson.

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,925
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM
    Does Sanchez even dress next week? Two active QBs would have to be Tebow and McElroy.
    Doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow has already dressed in his final game as a New York Jet.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Tom Brady, exception to the rule. McElroy doesn't have a smidgen of Tom Brady's talent at all.

    You might be right about Tebow. I've also said the guy is a horrible QB. But at this point I want to see what he can do because I know exactly what we have in Mark Sanchez and I'm about 99% sure about McElroy. At least Tebow is fun to watch because of his energy and his big play ability. McElroy is boring. Period.

    Brooks Bollinger Part 2. And some of you are actually excited about this. I'd be more excited if we cut McElroy and signed Drew Henson.
    I still wish we kept Drew Stanton... The difference here is I think McElroy will be a better QB than Tebow. That is why I want to watch him play. Just like after Chad got hurt. I thought Chad would be an awesome back up QB. Mabye McElroy can be a top notch backup...

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Because they never intended to take Mark out... If Sanchez gets hurt it is a different story but their intention was to have Sanchez start and finish all 16 games. In college I was listed 3 every week with a Senior listed as the backup on the depth chart. Everytime the starter went down, I went in.

    Sanchez has played terrible this year, I am not sure the Jets think much of GM but what an indictment on Tebow that the coaching staff refuses to give him a shot. They see him everyday in practice and think he is no good. They will try to move him for a late draft pick in the offseason or a JAG from another team.

    In the end it is not about either one of us being right. I can only assume as a Tebow fan that you want to see him play some football and root for one of your favorite players. Makes sense, its just that I don't think it will happen without injury.
    In college, you could suit up something like 70 guys or more and most teams always have 3 QBs dressed and ready to play.

    This is the NFL. Teams can only have 46 guys on their active game roster and only those 46 can play. Are you really suggesting that for all those games where McElroy was inactive, that he was really the #2 ?


    As for what the coaches think about Tebow, you are making a huge PRESUMPTION with no actual evidence to back it up.

    You say that they didn't replace Sanchez because they think Tebow sucks. Here's an alternative scenario: Rex continued to remain doggedly loyal to Sanchez and ONLY AFTER Sanchez had thrown 3 INTs in one half, two passes that should have been intercepted in a MUST WIN GAME, Rex finally decided that enough was enough and he sent a replacement in. As Tebow was out due to injury, that replacement was McElroy.

    As for what I want, this will probably seem strange to you, but what I want is for my team to win. Secondary to that is to see Tebow play. As it happens, I really do believe that Tebow is a better option that McElroy, even running the exact same offense. Power running game and taking shots down the field.

    If you want to go further, I would change the offense up just a bit. First, I'd put Powell in as the main RB. I'd then change some of the Shotgun handoff running plays to Zone Read as it would make the running game more of a threat. Each play is still basically the same, only have to change 1 blocking assignment on each of them really.

    Other than that, I'd call the game the same way it was called for Sanchez and for McElroy.

  5. #85
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    And you know this because you've seen him get a chance to play here or because of the 11 games he got as a starter last year?

    The kid hasn't even been given a chance to play 1 full season but you know he's not a franchise QB because you don't like the way he throws the ball (I don't either) and you think that can't be corrected (I disagree)? Sorry, I think I'd roll with his completion percentage because he makes plays and keeps drives alive. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben minus the raping. Ben throws better but he didn't really throw the ball well until his 3rd season.

    Tim will get better with reps. That's what I believe.

    I also believe that McElroy doesn't have the arm or the balls to win in the NFL.
    Tebow led the league in 3 and outs in 2011. He doesn't keep anything going. All of the facts argue that your opinion is wrong.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Tebow led the league in 3 and outs in 2011. He doesn't keep anything going. All of the facts argue that your opinion is wrong.
    That's just your opinion.

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,148
    McElroy>>>>> Sanchez at this time and must start vs Jax

    Sanchez>>> Teblow

    Any other NFL QB>>>>> Teblow

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    In college, you could suit up something like 70 guys or more and most teams always have 3 QBs dressed and ready to play.

    This is the NFL. Teams can only have 46 guys on their active game roster and only those 46 can play. Are you really suggesting that for all those games where McElroy was inactive, that he was really the #2 ?


    As for what the coaches think about Tebow, you are making a huge PRESUMPTION with no actual evidence to back it up.

    You say that they didn't replace Sanchez because they think Tebow sucks. Here's an alternative scenario: Rex continued to remain doggedly loyal to Sanchez and ONLY AFTER Sanchez had thrown 3 INTs in one half, two passes that should have been intercepted in a MUST WIN GAME, Rex finally decided that enough was enough and he sent a replacement in. As Tebow was out due to injury, that replacement was McElroy.

    As for what I want, this will probably seem strange to you, but what I want is for my team to win. Secondary to that is to see Tebow play. As it happens, I really do believe that Tebow is a better option that McElroy, even running the exact same offense. Power running game and taking shots down the field.

    If you want to go further, I would change the offense up just a bit. First, I'd put Powell in as the main RB. I'd then change some of the Shotgun handoff running plays to Zone Read as it would make the running game more of a threat. Each play is still basically the same, only have to change 1 blocking assignment on each of them really.

    Other than that, I'd call the game the same way it was called for Sanchez and for McElroy.

    I don't think that it really mattered if Sanchez went down one game and Tebow came in. It is not as though either backup is that big a deal... He dressed Tebow to play injured against New England. Rex obviously felt that he need Tebow if Sanchez went down. Regardless, we are all guessing and have no idea nor does it matter. I think Tebow is no better than what he have been watching for the past 12 games if not worse. Just my opinion. Lets see what the next 4 weeks bring....

  9. #89
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Why in the world would they put Tebow at #2 "in theory only" and then have McElroy inactive for most the games this year, if Tebow wasn't the actual #2 ? That makes no sense.
    They gave up a 4th round pick for Tebow, or to put it more concisely, Woody Johnson gave up a 4th round pick for Tebow. He has to be the backup to justify that trade as being more then just for attention. It is probably no coincidence that the game Tebow is inactive is the game Sanchez gets pulled. Rex wanted no part of Tebow Time and neither do the Jets players. Remember, those are the same guys who said he was "terrible" and nothing more then an "athlete".

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    McElroy>>>>> Sanchez at this time and must start vs Jax

    Sanchez>>> Teblow

    Any other NFL QB>>>>> Teblow

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

    A Pile of Horse-Turds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Teblow

  11. #91
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    I'm not defending Sanchez and if you read my post I said he was terrible in that Broncos game last year ("most hideous QB play, for both teams").

    The fact is, if the Denver defense didn't play lights out last year, they aren't sniffing the playoffs.

    Do you think if Tebow started every game this year, this team is any better than 5-7? Find me games some games that Tebow's magic along with his sub 50% completion percentage would've overcome a poor defensive performance.
    Everyone of the games except the SF game we would have been in, and yes, both NE games, the first should have been ours, the second one was the Sanchez butt debacle, no way that happens with Tebow. The HOU game, all winnable. Tebow is a winner those games were ALL winnable with him under center, and now that Rex has turned the whole team against him we will never have that opportunity to see what he can do, big mistake.

  12. #92
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    you make me want to punch my computer screen.

    He's got "special stuff" alright, a legion of fans that suck at the teat of the Tebow.


    edit for amazingness:



    Don't worry, he sucks so bad at throwing, that it's actually a positive!
    what about the SUCKCHEZ fans that only root for their loser of a QB and screw the Jets! As I see it Suckys fans are as bad as Tebow's fans. Only they don't know it.

  13. #93
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That's just your opinion.
    NO ITS A FACT! HE LED THE LEAGUE IN 3 AND OUTS. WTF DON'T YOU GET?

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What can I say. I go by what I see not by his Fla career or religious beliefs. Just as a NFL QB. Again 30 other NFL teams don't see him as a NFL QB either. We'll see in a couple of years. Sorry to disappoint you.
    That's a misnomer C Mart. Based on that logic, 20 something teams in the NFL had no faith in Peyton Manning returning, seeing as how only 10 or so actively tried to go out and get him.

    Don't feel like doing the research right now, but short version is that teams with established "Franchise QBs" wouldn't have been interested as they were definitely set at the position. Same with teams with guys who they believe to be their franchise QBs. Even teams that had young guys that they are trying to develop to be their franchise QBs wouldn't have been interested as they already had invested in their young QBs development.

    I'm not trying to claim that Tebow is a finished, polished product, or that he's top10 -15 in the NFL at this point. Rather, what I'm saying is that he is a young QB who did pretty well last year given the situation, and that with some time to develop, he might just turn out to be very good.

    What I'm absolutely rejecting is the notion that he "isn't an NFL QB and never will be".

  15. #95
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    A Pile of Horse-Turds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Teblow


    But Suckchez is even worse. Didn't Tebow beat Sucky in their only head too head matchup last year? In the SEC championship game in 2009 McElroy beat Tebow. Just sayin....

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    They gave up a 4th round pick for Tebow, or to put it more concisely, Woody Johnson gave up a 4th round pick for Tebow. He has to be the backup to justify that trade as being more then just for attention. It is probably no coincidence that the game Tebow is inactive is the game Sanchez gets pulled. Rex wanted no part of Tebow Time and neither do the Jets players. Remember, those are the same guys who said he was "terrible" and nothing more then an "athlete".
    And remember that those quotes were from back at during TC iirc.

    And you have no idea if it was coincidence or not. As I mentioned either here in this thread or in another one, this was the first "must win game" that we faced this year. Coaches tend to do things a bit differently when faced with missing the playoffs.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I don't think that it really mattered if Sanchez went down one game and Tebow came in. It is not as though either backup is that big a deal... He dressed Tebow to play injured against New England. Rex obviously felt that he need Tebow if Sanchez went down. Regardless, we are all guessing and have no idea nor does it matter. I think Tebow is no better than what he have been watching for the past 12 games if not worse. Just my opinion. Lets see what the next 4 weeks bring....
    Yeah, what does it say about McElroy when Rex dressed an injured Tebow as the #2 ?

    Supposedly, by everyone else's logic around here, it means that McElroy most definitely sucks. I mean, come on, Tebow with cracked ribs dressing over a healthy McElroy ?

    As for the next 4 weeks, I think they will be very interesting, especially around here

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But Suckchez is even worse. Didn't Tebow beat Sucky in their only head too head matchup last year? In the SEC championship game in 2009 McElroy beat Tebow. Just sayin....
    Oh I'm sorry....You're mistaking me for someone who gives a fk about Sanchez...


    Look elsewhere, pal....There's no Sanchez Kool-aid here.

  19. #99
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,148
    Next year, Demo will you be using the Demosthenes9 ID to post at JagwiresFans.com campaigning for your adored St Teblow or will you change it to something like JagTimfan that fits better



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #100
    Tebow moves the chains with his legs. Get used to it.

    Lots of haters, but McElroy is the best QB in the world. Savior of the franchise.

    Really sad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us