Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the difference a qb makes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

the difference a qb makes.

the crowd changed the defense changed the entire atmosphere of this team changed.

thank you greg mcelroy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    not very impressive imo. Looks a bit like Chad but he didn`t impress me at all. First pass was almost picked off. Arizona is pretty bad and all he did was the one drive. Could have been 2 decent drives but the Jets RB stopped before crossing the goal line, which I never agree with. Score when you can unless you are leading by 30.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    not very impressive imo. Looks a bit like Chad but he didn`t impress me at all. First pass was almost picked off. Arizona is pretty bad and all he did was the one drive. Could have been 2 decent drives but the Jets RB stopped before crossing the goal line, which I never agree with. Score when you can unless you are leading by 30.
    give me a break. the kid was nervous and edgy playing in his first game. we go the w and he didnt turn the ball over enough said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um,,it was a game over play and the cards knew if they let him score they have a chance to tie the game. It is called intellgent football. Almost picked off? Sanchez was picked 3x.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a smart play by Greene and a good call by the coaches. If Greene had scored, the most we would have been up would have been 8. No way we go for 2 there.

Arizona would have gotten the ball back with a decent amount of time on the clock. Granted, they odds would have been against them, but 1 fluke play and they could have tied the game. Green going down allowed us to simply run out the clock.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    arizona's O might be horrible but they have a pretty good D

7th in total D
    4th in passing

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the defense kept doing what it did the whole game. There was no McElroy effect there.

I'm interested to see what McElroy has, at the very least it will change a very toxic environment to a positive one in the coming weeks.

I think it's the move that saves Rex's job. The media and fans have something new to talk about instead of stirring that controversy further.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    the defense kept doing what it did the whole game. There was no McElroy effect there.

I'm interested to see what McElroy has, at the very least it will change a very toxic environment to a positive one in the coming weeks.

I think it's the move that saves Rex's job. The media and fans have something new to talk about instead of stirring that controversy further.
    really we scored a touchdown something we dont do often with sanchez at the helm.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    really we scored a touchdown something we dont do often with sanchez at the helm.
    I was as happy to see it as you. But that game was one nightmarish twist away from being a Jets loss that we've seen all too often.

We played not to lose after that touchdown. I know for sure I wasn't the only one hoping it didn't come down to a last minute defensive stand up 7-6. We know how that would have turned out.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tebow was given the opportunity the Jets would be 7-5 right now, definitley 2 games better than Mark and with 4 easy games coming up, a Tebow led team would have had a 11-5 record or 10-6. Rex was the culprit. With that being said I also believe McElroy if played the whole season would be 6-6 right now with possibility of 10-6 by season end.

Conclusion, any QB not named Sanchez would have a better record at this point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don`t agree with not scoring, and going up by 8 as opposed to leading by 1. It was the right thing to do to get the win but I just don`t agree with it. Show some confidence in the D, which was killing Arizona. Even if Arizona did score on some fluke play, they would still need to score another time(2pt.). It was really a senseless win no matter how we look at it. There are 3 teams with 2 or more games up on the Jets for any shot at the playoffs. NE already won the division so there would be no home playoff game once again. Eh, the Jets are going nowhere no matter who the QB is. I wasn`t impressed with #14 at all. I know it was his first action. Looked a bit like Chad. Good for him. I hope he gets more time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a quarter and a half. Can we all slow down. it was against a horrible team with a worse QB than many of the major college teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's a quarter and a half. Can we all slow down. it was against a horrible team with a worse QB than many of the major college teams.
    ok but sanchez had 3 picks against this horrible team in the first half.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok but sanchez had 3 picks against this horrible team in the first half.
    They have a good defense. Not that I'm defending Sanchez. But that's the reason they started out 4-0

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    They have a good defense. Not that I'm defending Sanchez. But that's the reason they started out 4-0
    sanchez sucks deal with it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don`t agree with not scoring, and going up by 8 as opposed to leading by 1. It was the right thing to do to get the win but I just don`t agree with it. Show some confidence in the D, which was killing Arizona. Even if Arizona did score on some fluke play, they would still need to score another time(2pt.). It was really a senseless win no matter how we look at it. There are 3 teams with 2 or more games up on the Jets for any shot at the playoffs. NE already won the division so there would be no home playoff game once again. Eh, the Jets are going nowhere no matter who the QB is. I wasn`t impressed with #14 at all. I know it was his first action. Looked a bit like Chad. Good for him. I hope he gets more time.
    Go play in traffic..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the crowd changed the defense changed the entire atmosphere of this team changed.

thank you greg mcelroy.
    Amen...finally some energy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    If Tebow was given the opportunity the Jets would be 7-5 right now, definitley 2 games better than Mark and with 4 easy games coming up, a Tebow led team would have had a 11-5 record or 10-6. Rex was the culprit. With that being said I also believe McElroy if played the whole season would be 6-6 right now with possibility of 10-6 by season end.

Conclusion, any QB not named Sanchez would have a better record at this point.
    If Teblow was given the opportunity, this Jets team would've been out of the playoff-hunt by Week 5.

McElroy, I agree with, though....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Benchez.

Go McElroy!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mcelroy is the best QB on the Jets roster....if he starts the rest of the way I am confident the Jets will end at 9-7...the defense is still a top 10. I expect changes this off season....look around the league....the Jets can be a force again in little time....not in 2012 though.