Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the difference a qb makes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I just don`t agree with not scoring, and going up by 8 as opposed to leading by 1. It was the right thing to do to get the win but I just don`t agree with it.

Did you have money on the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post

Did you have money on the Jets?
    Never ever do I put money on the Jets. Or the Giants, or any other NY team in any other sport. I don`t do sports gambling at all. I just don`t agree with the not scoring when you can. Going up by two scores against a team that couldn`t do crap against a team that was uplifted by a new QB would just make the game better. It`s 2 scores. It ends the game(either way it ended but make it fun at least since you are losing most of your casual fan base and many other die hard fans). I know this is the Jets and anything can happen but. I mean make it somewhat fun for those who paid thousands. Pad the stats for the kid who came in saved the day on just the one drive. Make it 2 drives. It was a sissymary way out. Thats all I`m saying. I know most of the kool ade drinkers are happy with a W. I only ask when do these fans say enough of the SOJ crap and start moving towards dominating your division teams and making a mark in the NFL for a change? It`s been 43 years and these Jets just keep chugging along taking all the pennies they can from whomever is willing to give it to them. I had enough of that junk football back in 1998. Looked a slight bit promising when the Colts laid down and the Bengals had nothing to play for. Thats not really the way I want to see the Jets play football. It`s cheesy at best. Play the damn game, kick some A55 in this league and be the Champions we all want them to be.

Never ever do I put money on the Jets. Or the Giants, or any other NY team in any other sport. I don`t do sports gambling at all. I just don`t agree with the not scoring when you can. Going up by two scores against a team that couldn`t do crap against a team that was uplifted by a new QB would just make the game better. It`s 2 scores. It ends the game(either way it ended but make it fun at least since you are losing most of your casual fan base and many other die hard fans). I know this is the Jets and anything can happen but. I mean make it somewhat fun for those who paid thousands. Pad the stats for the kid who came in saved the day on just the one drive. Make it 2 drives. It was a sissymary way out. Thats all I`m saying. I know most of the kool ade drinkers are happy with a W. I only ask when do these fans say enough of the SOJ crap and start moving towards dominating your division teams and making a mark in the NFL for a change? It`s been 43 years and these Jets just keep chugging along taking all the pennies they can from whomever is willing to give it to them. I had enough of that junk football back in 1998. Looked a slight bit promising when the Colts laid down and the Bengals had nothing to play for. Thats not really the way I want to see the Jets play football. It`s cheesy at best. Play the damn game, kick some A55 in this league and be the Champions we all want them to be.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I just don`t agree with not scoring, and going up by 8 as opposed to leading by 1. It was the right thing to do to get the win but I just don`t agree with it. Show some confidence in the D, which was killing Arizona. Even if Arizona did score on some fluke play, they would still need to score another time(2pt.). It was really a senseless win no matter how we look at it. There are 3 teams with 2 or more games up on the Jets for any shot at the playoffs. NE already won the division so there would be no home playoff game once again. Eh, the Jets are going nowhere no matter who the QB is. I wasn`t impressed with #14 at all. I know it was his first action. Looked a bit like Chad. Good for him. I hope he gets more time.
    +1 Jets didn't cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the crowd changed the defense changed the entire atmosphere of this team changed.

thank you greg mcelroy.
    It just goes to show about the impact a QB change can make.

The golden rule says a good QB will elevate the talent of the players around him.

And because this game is about winning, that should be the only thing the HC is concerned with.

McElroy did that for us. And no matter how little he actually did to get us the win, he has still earned the right to start against Jacksonville.

You snap the ball and kneel 3xs. Easy game over nobody gets injured.

You score you then have to KO, risk injuries, play D again and risk injuries

It's a no brainier.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You snap the ball and kneel 3xs. Easy game over nobody gets injured.

You score you then have to KO, risk injuries, play D again and risk injuries

It's a no brainier.
    really fitting, CMart considering whom you are responding to

yeah, twice by hollywood. i'm glad mcelroy was given the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Um,,it was a game over play and the cards knew if they let him score they have a chance to tie the game. It is called intellgent football. Almost picked off? Sanchez was picked 3x.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    really fitting, CMart considering whom you are responding to
    keep the insults going Stephen.

All Pro
    This guy threw for 29 yards right? Not 290 yards .. The overreaction is serious around here.. Lets see what those floater passes look like when a defense actually knows who he is..

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    This guy threw for 29 yards right? Not 290 yards .. The overreaction is serious around here.. Lets see what those floater passes look like when a defense actually knows who he is..
    I think that is all anyone is looking for, we want to see.

You do understand that if they score and Cards manage a score and 2 pt conversion we are all calling Rex and GMAC dopes right?

the fact of the matter is he threw a td pass not an int and didnt run into anyones azz on any plays.

I just don`t agree with not scoring, and going up by 8 as opposed to leading by 1. It was the right thing to do to get the win but I just don`t agree with it. Show some confidence in the D, which was killing Arizona. Even if Arizona did score on some fluke play, they would still need to score another time(2pt.). It was really a senseless win no matter how we look at it. There are 3 teams with 2 or more games up on the Jets for any shot at the playoffs. NE already won the division so there would be no home playoff game once again. Eh, the Jets are going nowhere no matter who the QB is. I wasn`t impressed with #14 at all. I know it was his first action. Looked a bit like Chad. Good for him. I hope he gets more time.
    What did you want to score for? To pad Greene's touchdown total. That would also prolong the game possibly causing an injury to an important player - remember what happened to Gronkowski? Come on man shake the rocks out of your head. Greene going down at the one yard line guaranteed the victory. It was victory formation. How could any sports fan not agree to that? You play to win the game not get an xtra touchdown. Your thinking is wrong!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    What did you want to score for? To pad Greene's touchdown total. That would also prolong the game possibly causing an injury to an important player - remember what happened to Gronkowski? Come on man shake the rocks out of your head. Greene going down at the one yard line guaranteed the victory. It was victory formation. How could any sports fan not agree to that? You play to win the game not get an xtra touchdown. Your thinking is wrong!
    Only a hardcore gambler would disagree with you.

So we're criticizing a guy who has had next to no practice reps his entire career for coming in and leading the winning drive.

Good stuff................

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    So we're criticizing a guy who has had next to no practice reps his entire career for coming in and leading the winning drive.

Good stuff................
    Criticizing?? U got post in here comparing him to Tom Brady ..

Criticizing?? U got post in here comparing him to Tom Brady ..
    You do? where?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the crowd changed the defense changed the entire atmosphere of this team changed.

thank you greg mcelroy.

I thought you were going to refer to RG III in Washington. If you guys remember, we beat them pretty handily in Washington last year when they had Rex Grossman at QB. Rex Grossman is a poor man's Mark Sanchez IMO, they are the same, over rated, mistake prone, loser QB. Now look at Washington, they beat the Giants and Cowboys back to back,not too shabby wityh basically the same team and the QB.

McElroy is a product only of how bad Sanchez is/was IMO. I do not think he is our long term solution. I could be wrong, who knows until it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    You do understand that if they score and Cards manage a score and 2 pt conversion we are all calling Rex and GMAC dopes right?
    yes. They would certainly be if the Cards did exactly what you say they might have done.

I just want to see the Jets being dominant and not playing scared. It was the Cardinals and not a playoff berth at stake, nor was it against a higher caliber team(I would`ve done what they did if it was the Giants or a front running team). Yeah, mathematically, the Jets have an outside, like totally way out, shot of a WC but seriously now, are you actually thinking about that? It`s gonna be 44 years now. There is no way the Jets beat anyone in the playoffs. They can barely beat anyone in the regular season. This season was over after week 5. It was quite clear the 2012 Jets suck major donkey Richard. Being a fan for so many years, I`m just sick and tired of the crap they give us. Just kick some ass for a change already. The 2 AFCCG appearances were gimmes. The Colts were told to lay down so the Jets can make it in and sell desperately needed empty seats, then they got lucky with the Bengals, who had nothing to play for but a rematch in the WC game. The Jets went on a bit of a roll but it ended like always. Nothing to show/choke again.