Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy's Ceiling Is Chad Pennington

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We won today....Can we dream for just 1 night that McElroy is a 7th round heist of Brady proportions.

Would be nice

Chad Pennington is Chad Pennington...Tannebaum & Rex need to go get Chad off the Kentucky horse farm & get him ready for opening day 2013.

At age 37 the Jets can get 3-5 years of quality football.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    We won today....Can we dream for just 1 night that McElroy is a 7th round heist of Brady proportions.

Would be nice
    If you want to dream think about Brady's stats in his first game:
    5/10 46 yards 0 td 0 int

IMO, McElroy is an improvement over Sanchez in that he will make fewer mistakes. I doubt he is a long term answer. But the fact that he is a better option than Sanchez speaks volumes of where Sanchez is right now...and is an indication that the Jets QB of 2014 is not yet on the roster.

I'll take another Pennington. We won our last AFC East with Pennington.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chad's problem was that he believed that he didn't need to improve his physical limitations until it was too late.

Mac can improve his arm strength through offseason conditioning. The difference between him and Chad will be if Mac attempts to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Chad's problem was that he believed that he didn't need to improve his physical limitations until it was too late.

Mac can improve his arm strength through offseason conditioning. The difference between him and Chad will be if Mac attempts to do so.
    Maybe he can fly to Florida and train with Vinny?

Vinny's practice habits always kept his Rocket-Arm in shape even at 44 years old(he's now 49 and I still think he can sling it).

Wasn't the physical limitation that he had the bone structure of a 90 year old woman?

Previous Jets QB's who wore #14....Richard Todd & Neil O'Donnell. Can McElroy become a better QB than those guys?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Maybe he can fly to Florida and train with Vinny?

Vinny's practice habits always kept his Rocket-Arm in shape even at 44 years old(he's now 49 and I still think he can sling it).
    He could do something. Many, and I mean many NFL QBs have improved their arm strength. All the greats today have done it. Peyton improved his armstrength, so did Rodgers, Brees, and Brady.

I remember early in Chad's career before the injury string when a reporter asked him if he planned to work on his arm strength in the offseason Chad flat out said, "No, you can win in the NFL without a rocket arm."

That answer surprised me and gave me pause. The issue isn't about trying to get a rocket arm, its about improving your game. All the top players in any sport do that. The fact that Chad essentially said, "my way is good enough and I'm not changing" was telling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Wasn't the physical limitation that he had the bone structure of a 90 year old woman?
    I blame Chad's mother for not serving him enough milk as a kid.

I blame Chad's mother for not serving him enough milk as a kid.
    From which source?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

IMO, McElroy is an improvement over Sanchez in that he will make fewer mistakes. I doubt he is a long term answer. But the fact that he is a better option than Sanchez speaks volumes of where Sanchez is right now...and is an indication that the Jets QB of 2014 is not yet on the roster.

Yep, that about sums it up.

greg mcelroy like pennington with a bit stronger arm watch out

mcelroy is a champion on the college level his arm strengh is good enough better precision and decision making iq is great he might be with experience better than sanchez you never know .

Watch the press conference, McElroy comes across like a smart, veteran leader.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...a-74670e146e35

McElroy just needs to keep the TO's down. We have a better defense than each of our last four opponents have offense so with limited TO's and spark I think McElroy deserves the shot. I still think we need a QB for the future, but what if McElroy can be a stop gap for two years while we build up the OL, RB, WR's and LB's??

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Rex will start Sanchez next week. You know it deep down There is no way we get rid of Sanchez that easy.
    Sanchez is like the bad dude in a scary movie. Just when you think he's dead comes back for more

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    same old same old jet fans need to shut the hell up and enjoy the ride mcelroy will give us. thanks
    Enjoy what ride?

We are not making the playoffs - - all that's left to talk about is the future. That means a whole lot of Mac talk all day

We have no clue what McElroy can do. I saw him in training camp and he had the best arm of the three players. Last year he spoke to the media about the turmoil in the Jets lockerroom. I thought he was gone for sure. A 3rd string QB making those comments. Obviously there is something about the guy if they kept him around.

The team needed a spark and McElroy did that. I'd like to see him play a full four quarters and see how he responds. Everyone says only one touchdown but remember we were about to score a second when Shonn Greene kneeled on the 1-yard line. Two touchdown in a quarter and a half isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ Kid needs to start lifting weights to strengthen that throwing arm.
    Or post a call to Greg Anderson. Just like Mr. Brady did. Of course, just to inquire about California weather.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Rex will start Sanchez next week. You know it deep down There is no way we get rid of Sanchez that easy.
    Wrong as rain as always

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2