Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever have a real QB?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Will we ever have a real QB?

Jets fan since the 80's...all i want to see in my lifetime is this team have a real QB and a SB. Not a guy we could all fight over for 4 years at a time, but a real true franchise QB...who knows what really happened...but F bill parcells if he really did F us out of getting Manning.

Another 4 years another failed experiment, where do we go from here? I wish i could say that i trust this FO to pick the next franchise QB in the draft...but i really dont. i just hope to god they dont try to go after a game manager to go along with Rex Ryans "top" D.

get us a franchise QB woody johnson...please.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Jets fan since the 80's...all i want to see in my lifetime is this team have a real QB and a SB. Not a guy we could all fight over for 4 years at a time, but a real true franchise QB...who knows what really happened...but F bill parcells if he really did F us out of getting Manning.

Another 4 years another failed experiment, where do we go from here? I wish i could say that i trust this FO to pick the next franchise QB in the draft...but i really dont. i just hope to god they dont try to go after a game manager to go along with Rex Ryans "top" D.

get us a franchise QB woody johnson...please.
    From your lips...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been saying it for years....if u don't have a qb in the "new" nfl u will not win a ring....period.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to develop QBs. Tammie Brady wasn't what he is now his first few years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The AFCE has had some good ones in recent years:
    Patriots - Brady
    Bills - Kelly
    Dolphins - Marino
    Jets - ?

We continue to search but for the most part come up with nothing much.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most QBs really do need time to develop. It's not that they have to sit on the sideline for 3 years - but the rookie-savior QB plan is an even lower-odds approach then just the draft in general. Instead of a top-ten flameout, I'd like to see the Jets take a late 1st or early 2nd player and give him a year on the bench to really learn the modern NFL position.

If Sanchez really can't get his sh!t together, that puts us in an even worse bind for next year because I don't know who our placeholding QB would be. And before anyone says Tebow - I think the bad blood around this team can't stand another distraction-filled season. We need some orthodoxy and normalcy around here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    From your lips...
    To Teblow's rear-end.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You had one....#10 Chad Pennington

2nd greatest NY Jet QB of all-time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not with this fanbase

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    The AFCE has had some good ones in recent years:
    Patriots - Brady
    Bills - Kelly
    Dolphins - Marino
    Jets - ?

We continue to search but for the most part come up with nothing much.
    You do know Marino and Kelly have not played in a while.
    I wouldn't call that recent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I think AceBoy may have used the Hot Tub Time Machine and just came back.....from the early 80's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just have to tank and hope somebody like Luck or RG3 falls in our laps. Maybe next year since we'll be tied down with Sanchez's contract, insuring another year as starter. Good job Mike T

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no we're cursed

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    We have to keep drafting QB's. And then support them by having good players around them. Indy used almost every one of their draft picks on offense after selecting Luck, we should do that in April's draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    You had one....#10 Chad Pennington

2nd greatest NY Jet QB of all-time
    god...please go back under the rock please....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No unfortunately the closest thing we ever had to franchise QB since Namath was that 1 year of preinjury Chad in 2002.....then sadly ever since the Tom Brady era we have wanted a QB that will came in off the street and win us a Superbowl like Brady did for the Pats...and if a Jets QB does not do that within his first 2 years Jets hes not the one...same goes for the head coach....So I think the only way we will win a Super Bowl is if we trade for an established veteran QB that's a role player and win it with a strong running game and a great defense....because the media and fanbase do not have the patience to deal with rebuilding years and growing pains when is comes to this team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ I think AceBoy may have used the Hot Tub Time Machine and just came back.....from the early 80's.
    Ok over the past 20 years
    I'm basically referring to these great players of that era.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    not with this fanbase
    +1000000000000000000

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Barkley or Geno Smith fall out of the Top 5, you have to wonder if we'd take a shot on one of them.

Barkley scares me just for the simple fact that SC QB's have been terrible at the next level.

I've said that Geno Smith reminds me a lot of Matt Hasselbeck. He's not RGIII, but I think he could be a Top 15 QB in the league a year or two down the road.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Barkley or Geno Smith fall out of the Top 5, you have to wonder if we'd take a shot on one of them.

Barkley scares me just for the simple fact that SC QB's have been terrible at the next level.

I've said that Geno Smith reminds me a lot of Matt Hasselbeck. He's not RGIII, but I think he could be a Top 15 QB in the league a year or two down the road.
    At this point, ANYTHING would be an improvement.

We can't be too picky....