Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we ever have a real QB?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Most QBs really do need time to develop. It's not that they have to sit on the sideline for 3 years - but the rookie-savior QB plan is an even lower-odds approach then just the draft in general. Instead of a top-ten flameout, I'd like to see the Jets take a late 1st or early 2nd player and give him a year on the bench to really learn the modern NFL position.
    And then get some coaches who have a clue about how to develop a QB, not the execrable Cavanawful under whom Sanchez has regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Barkley or Geno Smith fall out of the Top 5, you have to wonder if we'd take a shot on one of them.

Barkley scares me just for the simple fact that SC QB's have been terrible at the next level.

I've said that Geno Smith reminds me a lot of Matt Hasselbeck. He's not RGIII, but I think he could be a Top 15 QB in the league a year or two down the road.
    This is a bad year for QB's we would be foolish to take a QB in the early rounds...I say we get the top RB or WR in the first round we need playmakers...a cant miss playmaker....

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    This is a bad year for QB's we would be foolish to take a QB in the early rounds...I say we get the top RB or WR in the first round we need playmakers...a cant miss playmaker....
    We'd probably end up getting a "miss" playmaker in an attempt to get a "can't miss" playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    We'd probably end up getting a "miss" playmaker in an attempt to get a "can't miss" playmaker.
    lol

i'm not saying is a bad WR but when Kerley is our best playmaker we have problems

Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    The AFCE has had some good ones in recent years:
    Patriots - Brady
    Bills - Kelly
    Dolphins - Marino
    Jets - ?

We continue to search but for the most part come up with nothing much.
    Kelly wasn't really that good he just had a lot around him. Put O'Brien on that team he could have made the SB too. As much as Penny drove me nuts he was better then Kelly.

What is your definition of a "real" QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What is your definition of a "real" QB?
    Someone who ISN'T Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Barkley or Geno Smith fall out of the Top 5, you have to wonder if we'd take a shot on one of them.

Barkley scares me just for the simple fact that SC QB's have been terrible at the next level.

I've said that Geno Smith reminds me a lot of Matt Hasselbeck. He's not RGIII, but I think he could be a Top 15 QB in the league a year or two down the road.
    I don't get why people are down on Geno Smith. He has all the physical tools and by all accounts is a bright kid who is a tireless worker. I think he'll be a franchise QB for someone. Do the Jets want to be that team? We'll see. Kiper may be down on this QB class, but he was once down on Aaron Rodgers leading up to the draft too...

Someone who ISN'T Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.
    OK

We've had:

Ken O'Brien
    Vinny Testaverde
    Chad Pennington
    and even Boomer Esiason (for a half season or so)

At this point, I wouldn't mind Tyler Bray in Round 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    OK

We've had:

Ken O'Brien
    Vinny Testaverde
    Chad Pennington
    and even Boomer Esiason (for a half season or so)

And all of the QB's(even Boomer) would've done better than Sanchez/Teblow.

Hall Of Fame
    We need to draft a QB. Bring in a veteran and have a four way competition in camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We need to draft a QB. Bring in a veteran and have a four way competition in camp.
    Matt Moore + Tyler Wilson in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't mind Tyler Bray in Round 2 or 3
    I'd do that. I'd also fire Cavanaugh.

Bray is going to need quite a bit of molding, and I have no faith in Cavanaugh's ability to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'd do that. I'd also fire Cavanaugh.

Bray is going to need quite a bit of molding, and I have no faith in Cavanaugh's ability to do that.
    True.

Cavanaugh should be gone next year. He's a terrible QB coach.

Bray is the only QB I'd be ok drafting. A) He's got the most potential B) He could be available as late as the 3rd. I doubt Sanchez is going anywhere, so he could back up Sanchez and take over in 2014 or even compete next year for the job.

That is if the Jets have decided to move on from Sanchez

We do and have had some. The issue is this freaking organization refuses to protect or put talent around them. This team is where Qb's go to die.