Thread: Bryce Brown

Bryce Brown

Watched this kid the last two weeks. He is an absolute stud. Highly recruited out of HS but had personal issues and didnt do much in college. I had him as a sleeper in my mock with the Jets getting him in the 6th and Vontaze Burfict in the 7th. Could have jad both of these guys. Imagine how much better wed be with Brown starting at RB and Davis and Burfict playin inside LB.

Jets Insider VIP
    U r the ted thompson of armchair GMs. Congrats.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

FINALLY I'm all for firing Tanny,and hiring KennyO7

Kenny07 for GM...WOODY, you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    U r the ted thompson of armchair GMs. Congrats.
    Thanks bro . Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    FINALLY I'm all for firing Tanny,and hiring KennyO7

Kenny07 for GM...WOODY, you listening?
    Only if iget full control and can fire Rex. Plus a lifetime supply of J& J baby shampoo and Q tips

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Watched this kid the last two weeks. He is an absolute stud. Highly recruited out of HS but had personal issues and didnt do much in college. I had him as a sleeper in my mock with the Jets getting him in the 6th and Vontaze Burfict in the 7th. Could have jad both of these guys. Imagine how much better wed be with Brown starting at RB and Davis and Burfict playin inside LB.
    +1 Straight up BEAST!

Straight up fumbler!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    Straight up fumbler!!!
    This he may have lost both these games for Philly. McKnight can fumble the ball too we aren't missing a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    Straight up fumbler!!!
    Correctable.

Would have been a 1st round pick if not for the Lane Kiffin debacle at Tennessee.

Burfict is very ordinary... Chase Blackburn starts at MLB in this league so anyone can.

Brown however is a very good player. Just further evidence that you don't waste a big contract or high pick on running backs. There is simply a surplus where you can get very solid production from.

All Pro
    They have McCoy already so maybe trading for him is an option. Maybe not.

I'd love to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Would have been a 1st round pick if not for the Lane Kiffin debacle at Tennessee.
    You don't need to say debacle just Lane Kiffin. Everything that man does is a debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This he may have lost both these games for Philly. McKnight can fumble the ball too we aren't missing a thing.
    Ran the ball for 178 yds and 169 yds in consecutive weeks. Has a total of 488 rushing yds on only 75 touches (6.5 yds/carry) and 4 rushing TDs.

Yeah McKnight can do the same

Good coaching will help him cut down on fumbles. The rest is pure talent that cant be taught. You can keep McKnight, Id take Brown over any of RBs any day of the week.

All Pro
    isn't this kid an urfa after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Ran the ball for 178 yds and 169 yds in consecutive weeks. Has a total of 488 rushing yds on only 75 touches (6.5 yds/carry) and 4 rushing TDs.

Yeah McKnight can do the same

Good coaching will help him cut down on fumbles. The rest is pure talent that cant be taught. You can keep McKnight, Id take Brown over any of RBs any day of the week.
    McKnight averages 5.9 yards per carry right now what is your point? None of that matters if he fumbles every 100 yards he gets. That is like saying Sanchez had a good game after throwing 3 INTs and getting 300 yards. Who cares those INTs negate the yards. If you can "train" Brown to hold the ball then train McKnight. It isn't as easy as you seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    McKnight averages 5.9 yards per carry right now what is your point? None of that matters if he fumbles every 100 yards he gets. That is like saying Sanchez had a good game after throwing 3 INTs and getting 300 yards. Who cares those INTs negate the yards. If you can "train" Brown to hold the ball then train McKnight. It isn't as easy as you seem to think.
    McKnight has 5.9 yds/carry but only 141 rushing yards, and has fewer CAREER rushing yards than Brown does in less than 1 year. RBs who have fumbling issues often can have this fixed through coaching. Bryce Brown is a load at 6' 223lbs. Hes big, fast, can cut well, accelerates well and is tough to bring down. That is something McKnight can never be coached to do.

My point is anyone who has watched Brown play know the guy is an absolute beast of a RB and saying we have the same thing in McKnight is silly and suggests you dont know much about footbal.

As far as your comparison to Sanchez having 300 yds but 3 INTs...that also is silly. Yards per carry and total rushing yards are far more indicative as to how good a RB is as compared to total passing yards is for a QB