Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Reality Check

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

A Little Reality Check

Since the victory over the Patriots in the 2010 AFC Playoffs, the Jets are 13-16 and have beaten the following teams:

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams
    Cardinals

In that span, we have lost to the following teams:

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

0-12 against teams that have a winning record at year's end.
    13-4 against teams that have a losing record at year's end.

Because we don't play another winning team until Fall 2013, whatever barometer we get by seeing McElroy or Sanchez or Tebow right now goes out the window. Rex Ryan's teams bully weaklings no matter how bad the QB is. Make sure your expectations and your perceptions are proper.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    attention whore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly where the problem lies. Knowing the jets, were gonna go 4-0 these last 4, finish 9-7 and either get the 6 or barely miss the playoffs. Then everyone will be just fine keeping Tanny and Rex and Sparano and hell, we might as well keep McElroy as our new franchise QB! Lets face it, every win from today's on out is a bad thing. This is just going to be a band-aid on our horrific team and front office.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree somewhat. No guarantee we would have won today with Suckchez, he was awful today. He had 3 picks in just 2and1/2 quarters, and had 2 more dropped.

We can get some useful evaluation of McElroy now. We will see what throws he can make, if he is accurate in real game conditions, if he can throw a screen pass, etc.

I don't think McElroy is our future franchise qb but I don't think suckchez is either. No matter what, jets should draft another qb either this coming draft or next.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even when we win we lose.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The team that played football today and won at Met Life, will no way run the table

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    This is exactly where the problem lies. Knowing the jets, were gonna go 4-0 these last 4, finish 9-7 and either get the 6 or barely miss the playoffs. Then everyone will be just fine keeping Tanny and Rex and Sparano and hell, we might as well keep McElroy as our new franchise QB! Lets face it, every win from today's on out is a bad thing. This is just going to be a band-aid on our horrific team and front office.
    Exactly.

There's nothing worse than having a team you need to root against to ultimately get them to be better, but that's where we are right now.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    if the team finishes 9-7 maybe they aren't all that horrific of a team. it's happened before

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    The team that played football today and won at Met Life, will no way run the table
    And the reason is horrific.

They simply aren't motivated to play at a high level. They are lazy, complacent, and pampered and the head coach who created this monster needs to resort to Jedi Mind Tricks just to get them to roll over and fetch. That's what it takes to wake up against the lowly Cardinals? The mere horror of losing to them isn't motivation enough? Have to punish the QB and send a message to get the RB's to put some bite in their game, the OL to rise up and block a bit harder?

Many people believe that the Jets have a lot of talent, especially on defense, yet they don't beat good teams because they just don't try hard. It's criminal, saw it start in both AFCCG's, now it's just a way of life.

That Namath quote says it all. How if you keep telling a player how good he is eventually he believes it and plays too comfortably, too relaxed.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    if the team finishes 9-7 maybe they aren't all that horrific of a team. it's happened before
    We haven't beaten a single team that ends the year with a winning record since the end of the 2010 season.

The fact that we can feast on the weaklings and bomb against average and elite teams isn't what a head coach in Year 4 is supposed to bring to the table, especially when he shopped for all the groceries and is being indulged in a losing philosophy.

Radical change is needed. These last 4 games better not cloud that story.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since the victory over the Patriots in the 2010 AFC Playoffs, the Jets are 13-16 and have beaten the following teams:

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams
    Cardinals

In that span, we have lost to the following teams:

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

0-12 against teams that have a winning record at year's end.
    13-4 against teams that have a losing record at year's end.

Because we don't play another winning team until Fall 2013, whatever barometer we get by seeing McElroy or Sanchez or Tebow right now goes out the window. Rex Ryan's teams bully weaklings no matter how bad the QB is. Make sure your expectations and your perceptions are proper.

SAR I
    Going back on your preseason prediction, are you?

And when did winning become a bad thing?

Plus your data is wrong because we beat the Colts remember who are 8-4.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-02-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the reason is horrific.

They simply aren't motivated to play at a high level. They are lazy, complacent, and pampered and the head coach who created this monster needs to resort to Jedi Mind Tricks just to get them to roll over and fetch. That's what it takes to wake up against the lowly Cardinals? The mere horror of losing to them isn't motivation enough? Have to punish the QB and send a message to get the RB's to put some bite in their game, the OL to rise up and block a bit harder?

Many people believe that the Jets have a lot of talent, especially on defense, yet they don't beat good teams because they just don't try hard. It's criminal, saw it start in both AFCCG's, now it's just a way of life.

That Namath quote says it all. How if you keep telling a player how good he is eventually he believes it and plays too comfortably, too relaxed.

SAR I
    if the team finishes 8-8 without holmes and revis the coaching should be commended. the defense looks old and the OL is not good enough for a ground and pound offense. the team is in sore need of some upgrades in talent

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colts will finish this season with a winning record.

Just saying

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't beaten a single team that ends the year with a winning record since the end of the 2010 season.

The fact that we can feast on the weaklings and bomb against average and elite teams isn't what a head coach in Year 4 is supposed to bring to the table, especially when he shopped for all the groceries and is being indulged in a losing philosophy.

Radical change is needed. These last 4 games better not cloud that story.

SAR I
    What did Bill Parcells say again, "You are what your record says you are"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post

Just saying
    This is a SAR post, stop with your pesky little facts

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saying
    Woo hoo.

Then we'll be 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010 and that'll make you sleep better at night?

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Just saying
    So will the Cowboys and Redskins, but SAR shares Steve Jobs' reality distortion field whenever necessary...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woo hoo.

Then we'll be 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010 and that'll make you sleep better at night?

SAR I
    No, it just means you failed to check all your facts before writing them down. Shows somebody is a little eager to criticize, doesnt it?

You said we would go 5-11 including losses to the Rams and the Cardinals.

Right now we have 5 wins.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Going back on your preseason prediction, are you?

And when did winning become a bad thing?

Plus your data is wrong because we beat the Colts remember who are 8-4.
    I don't go back on any prediction, but I did like you better when you ran away from yours. Funny, we suck for months and you are nowhere to be found. We "win" today and it's like you never left. Nice try.

Winning is a bad thing if you can't beat elite teams or winning teams because you don't win a Super Bowl if you can't beat elite teams. Can't even win our division if we can't split with an elite team.

In Year 4 of the Ryan regime, with hand-selected players, indulging in a defense-first-rushing-second philosophy, we should be getting better, not worse.

Translation: We suck. Beating the Cardinals 7-6 is no reason to celebrate.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't go back on any prediction, but I did like you better when you ran away from yours. Funny, we suck for months and you are nowhere to be found. We "win" today and it's like you never left. Nice try.

Winning is a bad thing if you can't beat elite teams or winning teams because you don't win a Super Bowl if you can't beat elite teams. Can't even win our division if we can't split with an elite team.

In Year 4 of the Ryan regime, with hand-selected players, indulging in a defense-first-rushing-second philosophy, we should be getting better, not worse.

Translation: We suck. Beating the Cardinals 7-6 is no reason to celebrate.

SAR I
    Who is celebrating? Anyone with half a brain knows what today was. We saw the opposing QB. It's a win, but Whiz almost forfeited by keeping Lindley in. The Cardinals are apparently way more serious about tanking, lol