Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Little Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since the victory over the Patriots in the 2010 AFC Playoffs, the Jets are 13-16 and have beaten the following teams:

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams
    Cardinals

In that span, we have lost to the following teams:

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

0-12 against teams that have a winning record at year's end.
    13-4 against teams that have a losing record at year's end.

Because we don't play another winning team until Fall 2013, whatever barometer we get by seeing McElroy or Sanchez or Tebow right now goes out the window. Rex Ryan's teams bully weaklings no matter how bad the QB is. Make sure your expectations and your perceptions are proper.

SAR I
    Maybe you should give yourself the same advice?

Rex did what was best for the team yesterday and you just can't stand it. That's a fact. You want so badly to be able to blame Rex for it raining. It's ridiculous.

He HAD to make this move and you know it. So he did it AND we got a win. Albeit, the worst performance by two pro teams I think I've probably ever seen.

Now, starts the healing process. Greg McElroy will get to start for the rest of the season and you'll see the team bust their A$$es like we haven't ever seen when Sanchez was the QB. The players are excited. They still love playing for Rex Ryan. They are most of all excited that Rex wants what they want which is:

They KNEW Sanchez wasn't working. They just wanted someone else to QB the team so they'd have a chance at winning.

I'd be surprised if they ran the table because they are low on talent, but you can bet they'll play their A$$es off and be competitive with all 4 of their remaining opponents.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Maybe you should give yourself the same advice?

Rex did what was best for the team yesterday and you just can't stand it. That's a fact. You want so badly to be able to blame Rex for it raining. It's ridiculous.

He HAD to make this move and you know it. So he did it AND we got a win. Albeit, the worst performance by two pro teams I think I've probably ever seen.
    The best thing for the team would have been to lose 6-0 yesterday.

We aren't making the playoffs. We continue to start the same old guys on defense. Our special teams continues to suck. Our offense can't do a damned thing. We aren't learning anything that'll help us towards next season. All we are doing is making a case for Tannenbaum and Ryan to be retained and blowing a solid draft pick; both of these outcomes are negative for our future.

Now, starts the healing process. Greg McElroy will get to start for the rest of the season and you'll see the team bust their A$$es like we haven't ever seen when Sanchez was the QB. The players are excited. They still love playing for Rex Ryan. They are most of all excited that Rex wants what they want which is:

They KNEW Sanchez wasn't working. They just wanted someone else to QB the team so they'd have a chance at winning.
    Greg McElroy won't start the rest of the season. This isn't the start of some new 'era'. It's just a distraction to help Rex avoid the tough questions on the mess he created. He's in full job-preservation mode, another faux quarterback controversy smokescreen's how awful the defense is, how we can't run the ball, how he can't coach.

I'd be surprised if they ran the table because they are low on talent, but you can bet they'll play their A$$es off and be competitive with all 4 of their remaining opponents.
    "Bust its ass"? This team? Do you watch the games up there? This team is a bunch of selfish quitters, they think they're better than they are, they collect their paychecks, they mail it in.

The season is over. We will learn nothing in the last 5 games because the opponents are so weak. The only things that can happen that are "positive" for this disastrous season are completely negative for our future.

I hate Mark Sanchez so much I'm going to ignore the most important fact of all.
    You do a good job there. Mark Sanchez is under contract for next season, a major contract, he's going nowhere. The best thing about Mark's contract is it prevents Woody Johnson from making another grandstanding get-rich-quick QB move like signing Testaverde and Favre in the past, signing Vick in our future.

The team will not be able to spend on QB, so they'll load up at WR, TE, RB, and OL like they should have done THIS season and perhaps Mark will flourish. Perhaps he won't. Either way, we'll be able to judge an experienced quarterback with a good set of tools before we cast him off.

We don't need to know if Greg McElroy rocks with bad playmakers against scrubs; we need to know if Mark Sanchez can succeed with good playmakers against elites.

SAR I