Thread: It seems pretty clear to me now...

It seems pretty clear to me now...

that Tebow was the only reason Sanchez kept his job for as long as he did this year. The coaching staff didn't actually want Tebow to spend any extensive time at QB.

Benching your starting QB creates enough controversy. Benching you starting QB and then passing over a healthy Tebow to start McElroy would have created a colossal ****storm, even by our standards.

Now they can eschew the Tebow controversy by using the "stick with the hot hand" logic which has worked very well for the 49ers thus far (not that anyone's comparing McElroy to Kaepernick).

Oh, the ironing.

This all speaks poorly of Rex. At least he didn't let Ryan Lindley stay in during the worst QB'ed game in NFL history. So there is that (ahem Whizenhunt)....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This all speaks poorly of Rex. At least he didn't let Ryan Lindley stay in during the worst QB'ed game in NFL history. So there is that (ahem Whizenhunt)....
    Rex got stuck without a legit backup QB . Putting in Tebow was never an option and putting in McElroy over a healthy Tebow would've created a huge controversy as the OP mentioned. Rex has done a terrible job this year but I don't have any problem with how he's handled the QB situation.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex got stuck without a legit backup QB . Putting in Tebow was never an option and putting in McElroy over a healthy Tebow would've created a huge controversy as the OP mentioned. Rex has done a terrible job this year but I don't have any problem with how he's handled the QB situation.

I Agree.

As soon as they brought in Tebow and sent Drew Stanton packing, it left the Jets w/o a QB to step in if Mark didn't take the next step in his development this year. While I've hated having Sanchez in there, I honestly believe he's the best QB on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    You're right about that...Tebow was never an option. I think Rex (in his eyes) waited as long as he possibly could with Sanchez. He kept giving Sanchez chance after chance to turn it around yesterday, but realized too if he left him in the whole game and lost....this was going to be the final nail in the coffin in his NYJ coaching career.

Going back to my Tebow point, it almost seems this whole thing with deactivating him was calculated this week. If Tebow was active today, Rex would ALSO have had to explain why he skipped Tebow for McElroy... if and when he decided to bench Sanchez.

"Oh the ironing"?

I don't get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    that Tebow was the only reason Sanchez kept his job for as long as he did this year. The coaching staff didn't actually want Tebow to spend any extensive time at QB.

Benching your starting QB creates enough controversy. Benching you starting QB and then passing over a healthy Tebow to start McElroy would have created a colossal ****storm, even by our standards.

Now they can eschew the Tebow controversy by using the "stick with the hot hand" logic which has worked very well for the 49ers thus far (not that anyone's comparing McElroy to Kaepernick).

Oh, the ironing.
    I agree with everything except this is not ironic. This is to be expected from this inept franchise.

Blow up everything.

Bring in a bona fide offensive staff. Draft a QB, sign a vet. Draft OL, WR, RBs. Spend EVERYTHING on the offense this off season.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    "Oh the ironing"?

I don't get it.
    Oh the huge manatee!