Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/3: "Beginning of the McElroy era" Edition

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    LG Slauson played 68 of 77 snaps (88%) vs AZ. Ducasse played only 9 snaps. ILB update: Bart Scott played 40 of 54 snaps. D Davis,only 2 #nyj

Pair of young d-linemen had limited playing time vs. Cards. Quinton Coples played 19 of 54 snaps (35%). Kenrick Ellis had only 3 snaps #nyj

Jets RB playing time breakdown: Shonn Greene played 37 of 77 snaps yesterday (48%). Bilal Powell played 33 snaps (43%). #nyj
    **** out of here with that BS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely insane that coples played that little....

Maybe ellis was hurt still, but coples not playing is another example of rex's roster ineptitude

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if it's the beginning of the McElroy era, but it's certainly the end of the "Coddling Sanchez Era" in New York. If Sanchez ever gets a chance to start again he will be pulled the second he falters, which is a total 180 from where he stood prior to yesterday. Yesterdays performance was the straw that broke the camels back with Rex Ryan.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Not sure if it's the beginning of the McElroy era, but it's certainly the end of the "Coddling Sanchez Era" in New York. If Sanchez ever gets a chance to start again he will be pulled the second he falters, which is a total 180 from where he stood prior to yesterday. Yesterdays performance was the straw that broke the camels back with Rex Ryan.
    rex ryan is trying to keep his job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex ryan is trying to keep his job.
    I think Ryan keeps his job no matter what happens, unless they decide to go for a big name in the offseason like Gruden or Andy Reid.

The big question is what do the Jets do with Sanchez now? Do they hold on to him next season or do they eat half his salary and try to shop him around for like $4 million a season? Maybe Arizona would be interested? Not sure what his future is here now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Arizona would be interested?
    I am sure the GM of the cards was watching the game yesterday and decided to make his #1 offseason priority to bring mark sanchez to the cardinals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am sure the GM of the cards was watching the game yesterday and decided to make his #1 offseason priority to bring mark sanchez to the cardinals.
    Dunno, but I wouldn't mind if that was OUR #1 priority.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dunno, but I wouldn't mind if that was OUR #1 priority.
    Just not sure what the Jets do with Sanchez now. He'll cost the team like $8 million against the cap next season. If they can move him for half his salary and eat the other half that could at least give them $4 million to spend on a decent impact player rather than carrying him next season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just not sure what the Jets do with Sanchez now. He'll cost the team like $8 million against the cap next season. If they can move him for half his salary and eat the other half that could at least give them $4 million to spend on a decent impact player rather than carrying him next season.
    I fully expect Mark to be back next year. I really don't see us taking the cap hit just to get him off the roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta @ManishMehtaNYDN
    ICYMI: Dustin Keller has high ankle sprain, per source. Depending on how fast of a healer he is, it's possible he played last game as a Jet
    What you hear is the sound of no one caring. Good riddance Dustin

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I fully expect Mark to be back next year. I really don't see us taking the cap hit just to get him off the roster.
    Pretty expensive backup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Mark has a cap value of 12.8 million next year. You can not trade a player and "eat" some of his salary. Mark will be on the team next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Actually Mark has a cap value of 12.8 million next year. You can not trade a player and "eat" some of his salary. Mark will be on the team next year.
    Had this discussion yesterday. No one I was with could give a definitive answer. I tend to agree with you. I cannot recall any NFL trades where a team ate part of the salary. It's not baseball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Absolutely insane that coples played that little....

Maybe ellis was hurt still, but coples not playing is another example of rex's roster ineptitude
    True. Also Davis only getting a couple snaps is criminal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    What I noticed interestingly was that in addition to the expected increase in energy in the stands and on the offense....the defense appeared to also show increased juice with things like finishing sacks and stuffs. They pretty much shut down the Cards and hapless Lindley before but it looked to me that they felt that their efforts might actually be worth something and lead to a win after the change

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    The bigger surprise to me is that the QB change actually coaxed out a meaningful post from you.

It's a miracle season!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a more in-depth PT list:

nyjetscap @nyjetscap
    #Jets snap counts for yesterday and on the season. Still cant figure out why the young guys dont get snaps on D... http://t.co/EusbMnfO

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Had this discussion yesterday. No one I was with could give a definitive answer. I tend to agree with you. I cannot recall any NFL trades where a team ate part of the salary. It's not baseball.
    You can not "eat" money in a trade in the NFL. If you cut a player there is offset language that if the player is signed by another team, you are only responsible for the difference between the guaranteed money and the money the player signed for with the new team. With trades there is no such language.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True. Also Davis only getting a couple snaps is criminal.
    It is a simple explanation. AZ has no QB therefore they do not threaten Scott. We went with our Run D personnel. Scott is still a decent LB against the run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a more in-depth PT list:

nyjetscap @nyjetscap
    #Jets snap counts for yesterday and on the season. Still cant figure out why the young guys dont get snaps on D... http://t.co/EusbMnfO
    rex needs to beat these crappy teams to keep his job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It is a simple explanation. AZ has no QB therefore they do not threaten Scott. We went with our Run D personnel. Scott is still a decent LB against the run.
    Yea, I realize that, but it was a great time to get Davis some experience playing the run. Its not like the Cardinals have some dynamic game breaking backs to worry about.