Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/3: "Beginning of the McElroy era" Edition

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    All 3 teams will be picking ahead of the Jets and can address the qb position. There is not 1 team that would trade for sanchez. No one.
    The Calgary Stampeders want him as a TE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Former Broncos teammates rip Tebow, also 'feel horrible' for him #nyj: http://nyp.st/Ukxjtb via @nypost

http://t.co/MlUcbLp6

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If he did that, and it was a Jets home game, the fans would riot.

Playing on the road, I can see him going back to Sanchez.
    As usual wrong as rain

Rex doesn't have to tell the media jackals anything at least until Wednesday when the game plan for Jax is installed and maybe not even then.

It will be GMac though with Mark backing up and Teblow thankfully inactive and in street clothes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    As usual wrong as rain

Rex doesn't have to tell the media jackals anything at least until Wednesday when the game plan for Jax is installedand maybe not even then.
    It will be GMac though with Mark backing up and Teblow thankfully inactive and in street clothes

Staff needs to get him some backup lead/ink, because he was scribbling away like a mad man after getting yanked yesterday. Marky like Geltips.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You haven't been right all year.

Now I'm convinced Sanchez will start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual wrong as rain

Rex doesn't have to tell the media jackals anything at least until Wednesday when the game plan for Jax is installed and maybe not even then.

I think the Jags owner Shaka Khan is going to pay Woody to have Tebow at least suit up on Sunday. The tarps have been taken down from the upper decks, and tickets sold already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    He looks like he's tying his tie.

As a matter of fact, he is.
    But he's doing it sadly. So you think he felt worse about the interceptions?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    But he's doing it sadly.
    lol touche.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    But he's doing it sadly. So you think he felt worse about the interceptions?
    Don't bother. He's too busy connecting the dots on Mark Sanchez face to feel anything other than wonderment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You haven't been right all year.

Now I'm convinced Sanchez will start.
    E
    G
    D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    E
    G
    D

I think you did it wrong. Consult your Tapatalk 2 and try again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than the Cards, what teams?
    Rutgers. Harvard. Southlake High School. Texas.

A bunch of teams.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats fine. But you sign those guys to free agent contracts under your own financial terms. You do not trade for that kind of player.

see jason campell, brady quinn, orton and henne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    This is the NFL. There'll be some coach or organization out there who believes that they can fix what ails Sanchez and would trade for him if the price is right.

Think about it, even after all that we've seen from him this year, there are still people here claiming that the coaches ruined him and that "if only they had given him some weapons" ......
    I think Demo has it right. Its not like Sanchez is without any skill - he's shown flashes to the point that a number of coaches (who are egotistical by nature) would think they could salvage him. And while the price tag for Sanchez won't be high, the only way to get him is to trade for him and negotiate as to how much of a hit the Jets will agree to take (and an extension, to replace his bloated deal). Otherwise, he won't be available.

So, if the Colts traded a 6th round pick for a former backup in Drew Stanton, would the Vikes trade a 5th rounder to get a guy like Sanchez, especially if Ponder continues to struggle? Again, not out of the realm of possibility. Right now, the Vikings have Joe Webb as their alternative. If they had a guy like Sanchez, they could certainly bring him in in hopes of stabilizing the ship.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like its the best possibility for a trade to happen, unlikely though it may be.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "After McElroy touchdown pass, Sanchez jots onto clipboard: 'Throw ... ball ... to ... players ... in ... green ... jerseys.' ''

-- @ProFootballTalk, PFT czar Mike Florio, after CBS cameras caught Mark Sanchez writing on a clipboard after Greg McElroy's touchdown pass on his first series as an NFL quarterback.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I think Demo has it right. Its not like Sanchez is without any skill - he's shown flashes to the point that a number of coaches (who are egotistical by nature) would think they could salvage him. And while the price tag for Sanchez won't be high, the only way to get him is to trade for him and negotiate as to how much of a hit the Jets will agree to take (and an extension, to replace his bloated deal). Otherwise, he won't be available.

So, if the Colts traded a 6th round pick for a former backup in Drew Stanton, would the Vikes trade a 5th rounder to get a guy like Sanchez, especially if Ponder continues to struggle? Again, not out of the realm of possibility. Right now, the Vikings have Joe Webb as their alternative. If they had a guy like Sanchez, they could certainly bring him in in hopes of stabilizing the ship.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like its the best possibility for a trade to happen, unlikely though it may be.
    I hope Tanny gets fired on the basis of that contract alone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure the GM of the cards was watching the game yesterday and decided to make his #1 offseason priority to bring mark sanchez to the cardinals.
    Knowing Woody he'll fire Tanny and hire him

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Can confirm the #jets have signed OLB Jacquies Smith to the p squad #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    This is the NFL. There'll be some coach or organization out there who believes that they can fix what ails Sanchez and would trade for him if the price is right.

Think about it, even after all that we've seen from him this year, there are still people here claiming that the coaches ruined him and that "if only they had given him some weapons" ......
    The coaches did ruin him. Shotty did it, just like he will Bradford. He was a much better QB after two years than he is now. I thought he might recover with a new OC but it looks like he's got post traumatic stress disorder. It has nothing to do with his weapons. He's completely lost his confidence. Maybe a year on the bench, and a change of scenery will help him, but I kind of doubt it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Knowing Woody he'll fire Tanny and hire him
    Yeah he probably will. Not that that's a bad thing. He can go back to managing the cap full time.