Thread: Big Mac = Matt Flynn

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mac = Matt Flynn

Can Macelroy be the answer for the Jets at QB?

No one knows the answer.
    I keep hearing about arm strength, well did Montana have a great arm?
    No, but he had great accuracy & knew where everyone was & had great pocket presence.

Look at the Patriots offense & you can easily see that arm strength is secondary to knowing the offense & being accurate.

The secret is the coaching & scheme. Brady threw 5-10 yard passes the whole game! Split screens, bubbles, RB flares, Welker scored on a illegal screen again yesterday! Replay clearly shows the wideout blocking before the ball is welkers possession.

The NY Jets have failed to take advantage of the rules that have CLEARLY made it easier to play offense in this league. Why do refs not call obvious WR screens?

Because they do, so why aren't the Jets copying it?

So back to my point, while Seattle signed Matt Flynn to a huge contract, the Jets have the same guy.
    Something tells me if Mac had 3 1/2 year of QB experience he would be a much better QB than Sanchez.
    The system is very important & there is one right to the north of us that a guy like Mac can run.
    Build it & MetLife would be exciting again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Can Macelroy be the answer for the Jets at QB?

No one knows the answer.
    I keep hearing about arm strength, well did Montana have a great arm?
    No, but he had great accuracy & knew where everyone was & had great pocket presence.

Look at the Patriots offense & you can easily see that arm strength is secondary to knowing the offense & being accurate.

The secret is the coaching & scheme. Brady threw 5-10 yard passes the whole game! Split screens, bubbles, RB flares, Welker scored on a illegal screen again yesterday! Replay clearly shows the wideout blocking before the ball is welkers possession.

The NY Jets have failed to take advantage of the rules that have CLEARLY made it easier to play offense in this league. Why do refs not call obvious WR screens?

Because they do, so why aren't the Jets copying it?

So back to my point, while Seattle signed Matt Flynn to a huge contract, the Jets have the same guy.
    Something tells me if Mac had 3 1/2 year of QB experience he would be a much better QB than Sanchez.
    The system is very important & there is one right to the north of us that a guy like Mac can run.
    Build it & MetLife would be exciting again.
    This is not saying much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    This is not saying much.
    The point is that you don't have to win in this league by throwing bombs all day long.
    The Pats "system" takes advantage of the lack of calls made in todays NFL.
    They rarely call holding, so a quick hit system with tons of illegal screens is easy to implement but it takes a lot of practice.
    Every game that I watch the Patriots I look to see the blocking on these screens.
    They constantly block before the receiver has even received the pass, but the NFL does nothing about it.
    This is another example of how smart Belichick is, you don't think he's seen this in the film room & perfected it?
    The Pats throw deep maybe 2/3 times an entire game.
    You don't need a rocket arm to play in this type of system, you need a cerebral QB that is accurate & can move through progressions.
    Matt Stafford has a freaking ROCKET arm, but the Lions have lost 4 games in a row because their coaching is HORRIBLE!
    The Jets need innovation in their offensive system & players that match whatever they come up with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The point is that you don't have to win in this league by throwing bombs all day long.
    The Pats "system" takes advantage of the lack of calls made in todays NFL.
    They rarely call holding, so a quick hit system with tons of illegal screens is easy to implement but it takes a lot of practice.
    Every game that I watch the Patriots I look to see the blocking on these screens.
    They constantly block before the receiver has even received the pass, but the NFL does nothing about it.
    This is another example of how smart Belichick is, you don't think he's seen this in the film room & perfected it?
    The Pats throw deep maybe 2/3 times an entire game.
    You don't need a rocket arm to play in this type of system, you need a cerebral QB that is accurate & can move through progressions.
    Matt Stafford has a freaking ROCKET arm, but the Lions have lost 4 games in a row because their coaching is HORRIBLE!
    The Jets need innovation in their offensive system & players that match whatever they come up with.
    Does not matter how many times they throw deep, they CAN throw deep. If defense knows you cannot, they will crowd LOS.