Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even after a win, we're considered a clown act

Even after a win, we're considered a clown act

So I went to PFT this morning like I normally would and I found this article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...se-crazy-jets/

It's a wrap up of what happened during the weekend but there's a good amount of stuff about us. I love watching football, but it's making it difficult to be a Jets fan.

We are the clown show that everyone laughs at. Worst of all, our owners, HC, and FO are completely oblivious of this.

The New York Jets arenít good. But they are fun.

No, no, theyíre not fun if youíre a fan of the Jets ó I wouldnít wish the experience of being a fan of this team on anyone. Theyíre fun for fans of the NFLís other 31 teams because no matter what ridiculous thing happens with your team, you can say, At least weíre not the Jets.

Think about it: There are two 11-1 teams in the NFL right now, the Texans and the Falcons, and neither one of them has garnered as much media attention as the 5-7 Jets. Most of that media attention has been about what a clown show the Jetsí quarterback situation is, with Mark Sanchez struggling through another mediocre year and the much-hyped arrival of Tim Tebow turning into a big nothingburger. And then on Sunday, after Sanchez had completed just 10 of his 21 passes for 97 yards, with no touchdowns and three interceptions, Jets coach Rex Ryan finally decided he had seen enough of Sanchezís poor play. Except that Tebow was out of the game with broken ribs. So Ryan had no choice but to put in third-string quarterback Greg McElroy.

And then McElroy proceeded to march the Jets down the field and for the only touchdown of the game, leading the Jets to a 7-6 win over the Cardinals. And just like that, a third name was added to the Jetsí quarterback circus.

On the 53-man rosters of the two teams playing on Sunday, there were six quarterbacks: Sanchez, Tebow and McElroy for the Jets, and Ryan Lindley, Kevin Kolb and John Skelton for the Cardinals. McElroy is the only one of the six who had never started an NFL game before, but heís probably the best quarterback on either team.

Yes, I do think McElroy is the best quarterback on the Jets. Ryan was noncommittal after the game about whether McElroy would start next week, but the Jets might as well give him a full week of practice with the first-string offense and see what he can do in their next game, Sunday at Jacksonville. Because even if you donít think McElroy is any good, hereís the truth about Sanchez and Tebow: Both of them stink.

Thatís what makes the Jets so funny. This whole quarterback controversy is between two guys who arenít good quarterbacks, two guys who probably arenít any better than McElroy, a former seventh-round draft pick out of Alabama who until he took the field in place of Sanchez on Sunday had never played in an NFL game.

And McElroy probably isnít the answer, either. There was a reason that NFL scouts watched him play at Alabama and didnít think he was a high pick, and there was a reason that the Jets never bothered to put him on the field until Sunday. But McElroy should get the opportunity to prove himself.

Of course, for the Jets, the worst-case scenario might be McElroy playing just well enough down the stretch, against a soft schedule (all four of the Jetsí remaining opponents have losing records), to make people think he deserves to compete for the starting quarterback position next year. Because the only thing crazier than the mess the quarterback situation was this year would be a three-way quarterback battle with McElroy, Sanchez and Tebow next year. But while Jets fans would probably prefer not to have another quarterback controversy, it would give the rest of us a good laugh.

It's kind of hard to start your 2nd or 3rd string QB's when you moved up in the 1st round to draft "The Sanchize" and paid him $50+ million dollars then extended that contract by millions more. To sit him and start either of the other two is an admission of failure that no GM wants to own up to.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    It's kind of hard to start your 2nd or 3rd string QB's when you moved up in the 1st round to draft "The Sanchize" and paid him $50+ million dollars then extended that contract by millions more. To sit him and start either of the other two is an admission of failure that no GM wants to own up to.
    That being said, we're not the only team to do this.

Jets Insider VIP
    The only clown thing we did yesterday was win the game. Every win at this point is really a loss and in the grand scheme of things, we lost yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    That being said, we're not the only team to do this.
    Our fat and loud HC along with his idiot and loud players have made us a clown show.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    So I went to PFT this morning like I normally would and I found this article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...se-crazy-jets/

It's a wrap up of what happened during the weekend but there's a good amount of stuff about us. I love watching football, but it's making it difficult to be a Jets fan.

We are the clown show that everyone laughs at. Worst of all, our owners, HC, and FO are completely oblivious of this.
    This is a picture of Michael David Smith, the person who wrote the article.

He can laugh at the Jets all he wants. I am laughing at him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

LOOK AT THIS ****ING CLOWN.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

All Pro

HA ha ha ha !

LOL.

He lost.

All League

LMAO!! Stay behind the keyboard Mr. Smith. What a fkn loser

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't see anything incorrect about what he wrote.
    Franchise derserves all the derision it gets.

Oh the ironing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    He isn't wrong actually.

But we find it funny how he's casting stones at the Jets Glass House when he's a worthless-looking dork hiding behind a computer and keyboard typing his self-important crap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh the ironing.....

He isn't wrong actually.

But we find it funny how he's casting stones at the Jets Glass House when he's a worthless-looking dork hiding behind a computer and keyboard typing his self-important crap.
    What is with these frigging 98 pound weakling geek nerds masquerading ss authorities on NFL football...

This Smith geek...Gary Myers...Dan Leberfeld..John Clayton..Mike Lupica..they could be quintuplets

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Now it's difficult being a jets fan? Because of that? Stick around

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Kinda late to the 'it's difficult to be a Jets fan' party, no?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Exactly.

You don't like the way he looks? How many of us on here are 40+ pounds overweight. He could write a better article is he had on contacts and put on 10 pound of muscle and a nicer shirt?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Exactly.

You don't like the way he looks? How many of us on here are 40+ pounds overweight. He could write a better article is he had on contacts and put on 10 pound of muscle and a nicer shirt?
    One picture is worth a thousand words.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh the ironing.....

He isn't wrong actually.

Yeah!

Says the worthless-looking dorks hiding behind keyboards racking up thousands of posts on a message board.

At least this guy gets PAID to do what he does. We have no excuse.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

One picture is worth a thousand words.
    Please post a picture of yourself.