Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BleacherReport: How Greg McElroy Compares to Tom Brady

All Pro
    Yikes ..

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    So basically the narrative has immediately changed from "Sanchez could turn into Eli" to "McElroy could turn into Brady?" Oh boy.
    The article doesn't say McElroy will turn into Brady but the facts they do mention make me even more to see what the kid has.

Remember when Pennington had "shades of Montana" or Kellen Clemens had all the same attributes as one Chuck Norris. Also remember when Jay Fiedler was "our Hero". This is a fun game.

Yes, you never know...

This is the exact reason I keep a team of monkeys banging on keyboards in a makeshift office I made for them. I know that next great novel is just waiting to be discovered. Those self-absorbed believers in science can laugh all they want but I know, just like my monkeys and their works of literature, the next great qb is waiting to be discovered.

Greg McElroy...

He once had an awkward moment just to see how it feels!
    His business card simply says I'll call you!
    His enemies list him as their emergency contact!

Greg McElroy is the most interesting QB on the NY Jets!!!! Stay faithful Jets fans!

Wow after a quarter of play and he's ALREADY being compared to Brady..What a joke.

Posts like this are just an invitation to the Pasts trolls to keep on with their BS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX40 View Post
    Remember when Pennington had "shades of Montana" or Kellen Clemens had all the same attributes as one Chuck Norris. Also remember when Jay Fiedler was "our Hero". This is a fun game.
    Epic thread. I think it was titled "Kellen Clemens doesn't read defenses....". There had to have been 1000 replies with people guzzling the koolaid.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan96 View Post
    Wow after a quarter of play and he's ALREADY being compared to Brady..What a joke.
    No, he's not being compared to Brady. Just comparing similarities in their circumstances both in college and how they came into the NFL. Truth of the matter is McElroy's "strengths" more closely resemble Tom Brady's then say an Aaron Rodgers's. To what degree won't be known if and until he's had a fair body of work. Nobody "knew" Tom Brady was going to be anywhere as good as he turned out until his chance to play came about. We can only speculate/hope.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Posts like this are just an invitation to the Pasts trolls to keep on with their BS.
    That's certainly true (except of course for the Pasts part) but I think most fans of both teams see that article for the joke that it is.

Sam, I've rooted with Tom Brady.
    I know Tom Brady.
    Tom Brady is a QB of mine.
    Sam, Greg McElroy is no Tom Brady.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    That's certainly true (except of course for the Pasts part) but I think most fans of both teams see that article for the joke that it is.

I know Tom Brady.
    Better than Brady

And not ghey

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

I know Tom Brady.
    No, that's the truest part of it all.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying this kid is gonna be the next Brady, lol. Young guys get compared to the greats all the time. Thing you Pasts fans should keep in mind is that no one thought Brady would be anything at one point. Drafted in the 6th round and wasn't even the 2nd QB in the depth chart, right? And when he finally started, he was basically a game manager (not an insult here). Just keep that in mind.

Again, I'm not saying he'll turn into Brady. I don't even think he'll turn into the future of our franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Better than Brady

And not ghey

Come on, mate. You're just fuel to the Pastriot troll fire.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Yes, you never know...

This is the exact reason I keep a team of monkeys banging on keyboards in a makeshift office I made for them. I know that next great novel is just waiting to be discovered. Those self-absorbed believers in science can laugh all they want but I know, just like my monkeys and their works of literature, the next great qb is waiting to be discovered.
    In all fairness Pats fans would be similarly hoping for the best and thinking "what if" if Brady was a Jet and the Pats had the dented can QBs and GM. Can't fault the Jets for hoping that GM will be the QB they hope him to be...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Come on, mate. You're just fuel to the Pastriot troll fire.
    Not a single Pats fan takes him seriously.

His football IQ is lower than Sanchez's jersey number.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The analogy is a bit premature, don't you think?

It's also completely ridiculous to leave out a head to head comparison between Brady and McElroy.

For instance, when Brady played Arizona earlier this year he lost with a 1 TD/1 INT performance and a QB rating of 79.5.

When McElroy played Arizona he managed 1 TD/0 INT victory with a 118.5 QB rating.

So McElroy is actually better than Brady until proven otherwise.
    There ya go, Logic based on Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

This from a Texas trolling aged whiz kid who considers a dirt sandwich with grilled tumbleweed a dining delicacy

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This from a Texas trolling aged whiz kid who considers a dirt sandwich with grilled tumbleweed a dining delicacy

Hey, don't bring Sweet Lady Texas into this now, shuckembuck.

Anyone drafted in the 6th or 7th round who turns into an all pro is just luck...nothing else. The Pats hit the lottery with Brady, and if G-Mac becomes a stud, than the Jets will be equally as fortunate.

The point is no one is comparing Brady today...the comparison is simply the circumstances.

Unfortunately, the Pats had 14 games to live with Brady that first season to see if he is the real deal...the Jets don't have that luxury.