Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Once again press conference was a joke..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, lets say rex has the same rights as a guy with 10 division crowns and 3 super bowl wins. Brilliant.
    You think Belichick was different before he won those super bowls?

I hate that dumbass argument.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You think Belichick was different before he won those super bowls?

I hate that dumbass argument.

Me, Personally, I think that without Brady, He'd be just another solid HC in this league.

Brady MADE Bellichek's career. Not the other way around.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    nonsense. stop feeding into the media's agenda.

Rex 100% makes the football decisions on this team, Woody Johnson doesn't.
    It's amazing how laughably naive fans are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow ain't even gonna be here next year
    The new GM will make that decision not you or I.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    McElroy starter
    Sanchez backup
    Teblow inactive and cut the day the season ends

Draft mid round QB to be number 3 for a season and be backup to GMac in 14 when Sanchez is waived

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    So you've given up on Sanchez?

He's no longer the QB to lead us to the promised land?

EAD you SOJF

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So you've given up on Sanchez?

He's no longer the QB to lead us to the promised land?

EAD you SOJF
    Sorry, I'm denying his membership. We're all booked up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did he go 11-5 with an 7th round pick in matt cassel who never took a college or nfl snap?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did he go 11-5 with an 7th round pick in matt cassel who never took a college or nfl snap?

FLUKE year.

Would've been interesting to see if Matt would've duplicated that performance the following season but alas we will never know, will we?

And Matt Cassel proved in KC that Brady makes his Head Coach look better than he is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    hopefully this is just more of rex' buffoonish gamesmanship to keep the Jags "guessing". McElroy has to be the starter Sunday or the lockerroom will revolt and the fans will burn down Metlife stadium
    Can we burn it down during the Giant Game?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to address 4 comments.

Rex: "Well I've proven you can win in this league with Greg...at the end of the game..."
    LOL.

Rex: "When you look at Tim you know, he is a proven winning quarterback in this league...and I think uh, you know but ...each game is different... I think when you look at who you play, the opponent you're playing and things like that...you make the decisions on what gives you the best, I make decisions on what gives us the best change to be successful and to win.... and really this week obviously it's going to be about....you know competing and beating Jacksonville and that, that's what will go into all decisions."
    Ok I'm sorry...these reporters are just as big of clowns to let Rex clown them like this. Since when the hell do coaches and teams make decisions week to week on who to play at starting quarterback based on their upcoming opponent? What are you smoking Rex?

Reporter: So Tim Tebow is in the equation?

Rex answer: Well...you can put him in there, you can put whoever in there...you know Tim...we'll have to monitor his situation as the week goes on...uh you know he was clear to play but it was my decision that it wasn't uh...I never felt that he...could...you know...I just never thought the he was where I think he should be to...you know...he might be able to play but...uh you know...I just don't think he's near 100% and I think that's uh...you know I just wasn't comfortable and...uh...quite honestly I let Tim talk me into activating him the week before and I think that was something that I regretted and made uh... and I wasn't going to let him...you know talk his way into it this time....so that's basically what happened.

Short answer: NO.

Why doesn't he just come out and say it? Why is he beating around the bush? Just say no Rex.

Rex is actually, seriously, wanting us to believe that who starts at the QB position is no different than any other. It's on a rotating basis, dependent on weekly opponent. Ok Rex....ol' buddy...whatever you say.

Reporter: "Rex, uhm, even though you said you want to talk to your coaches about this, in your heart, do you know what you're doing?"

Rex: "I hope I know what I'm doing."

Best question ever.

Yeah, the difference between you and us Rex is that we no longer hope.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 12-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    It's amazing how laughably naive fans are.
    Seriously. I'd rather believe that Rex had Tebow forced on him than traded for him only to sit him all season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could Rex have devolved any faster into the clown of NY sports

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez went 11-5 in his sophomore season.

Does that make Rex a HOF coach?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    I have no problem with Rex being coy. Why not keep the Jags guessing who will start ??? I'm sure he has his mind made up, just as Harbaugh did a few weeks ago. But to come out and say right now who the starter is and give the Jags a full week to prepare would be foolish.

Rex gets blasted (and rightfully so) when he talks to much. But now some are blasting him for keeping quiet ??? I guess he just can't win with some of you around here.
    +1111

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Me, Personally, I think that without Brady, He'd be just another solid HC in this league.

And most great QBs do make a coach's career. But he's the most aggressive in-game decision making coach in the league, and that matters a lot in a time where the difference in talent between teams in the league is marginal. Brady makes those decisions a lot easier, but watching McCarthy barely allow Rodgers to pass the ball and go for long field goals, Kubiak screwing up all of the time, you realize how important coaching really is in this league. He's one of the only ones who knows what the hell he's doing out there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    McElroy starter
    Sanchez backup
    Teblow inactive and cut the day the season ends

Draft mid round QB to be number 3 for a season and be backup to GMac in 14 when Sanchez is waived

Wow, you jumped off the Sanchez bus and right onto the GMac bus real quickly, didn't you? I'm guessing you're reneging on your promise that Benchez will lead the Jets to 3 SBs this decade. Gotta give you credit, though, it's the first time I've ever seen you actually have 2 football posts in one day. Great job.

That said, do you seriously think McElroy is the guy to lead the Jets in 2014 based on what you saw yesterday? 6 passes???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go stalk someone else, obsessed jacka$$...blah blah z zzzzz EAD

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take that as a 'yes'.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I just wanted to address 4 comments.

LOL.

Ok I'm sorry...these reporters are just as big of clowns to let Rex clown them like this. Since when the hell do coaches and teams make decisions week to week on who to play at starting quarterback based on their upcoming opponent? What are you smoking Rex?

Short answer: NO.

Why doesn't he just come out and say it? Why is he beating around the bush? Just say no Rex.

Rex is actually, seriously, wanting us to believe that who starts at the QB position is no different than any other. It's on a rotating basis, dependent on weekly opponent. Ok Rex....ol' buddy...whatever you say.

Best question ever.

Yeah, the difference between you and us Rex is that we no longer hope.
    you're looking far too into this. let's stop looking for reasons to be outraged just for the sake of wanting to get outrageous.

here's how a PC works...

cliche, cliche, answer without answering, cliche, run-around, cliche.

you try standing up in front of an audience, formulating simple answers that won't give away what is going on in your meetings, and at the same time not throw any player under the bus, and see how articulate you sound.

mountain out of a molehill.