Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Once again press conference was a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    There are a few reasons why he should have done it today....

1. Its 12:00, he has had time to watch the tape of yesterday in case there was any doubt at all, that sanchez is a completely broken player from a confidence standpoint.

2. Today the players are in early for treatment, he has had time to address the team, BEFORE the media gets a hold of the story.

3. He would have had time to meet with the players privately as well.

4. He can stop/control all media speculation, second guessing etc that will go on now until wednesday as they are off tmrw.

5. He can prevent any player from being asked "who do you think should start". You would think they would all know how to dodge those questions, btu this is the jets lockerroom.

6. This is most important....a decision needs to be made by the start of practice Wed morning because mcelroy deserves the opportunity to have as many first team reps as possible. So any press present for the start of practice will see who takes the first snap, tweet it, and then rex will be on the defensive in the press conf after practice.

There should not be ANYTHING at this point, that mark can do to get back rex's or the teams confidence. Rex should have manned up, made a decision, and moved forward.

Cue two unecessary days of media speculation that could have been avoided.
    He said he was going to make the decision Tuesday night/Wed Morning. So we will know by then. It's not like he said he's waiting till Sunday, gametime decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    I have no problem with Rex being coy. Why not keep the Jags guessing who will start ??? I'm sure he has his mind made up, just as Harbaugh did a few weeks ago. But to come out and say right now who the starter is and give the Jags a full week to prepare would be foolish.

Rex gets blasted (and rightfully so) when he talks to much. But now some are blasting him for keeping quiet ??? I guess he just can't win with some of you around here.
    Thing is, if he actually won -- in the literal sense -- no one would have a problem with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If he needs to check with the owner about who his starting QB is, then he should quit on the spot, no owner should need to be consulted about who starts and who doesnt.
    No owner should force a trade for a QB that has no right starting in the NFL either.

The fact is we have a meddlesome owner and maybe Rex isn't as high principled as you...

For me, if I have a guy paying me Millions of dollars a year, I'm at least going to hear him out before quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Rex may be (I would guess almost definitely is) getting pressure from Woody to start Tebow.

He may be pushing back and doesn't want to name someone before he and Woody had a chance to talk.
    nonsense. stop feeding into the media's agenda.

Rex 100% makes the football decisions on this team, Woody Johnson doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

it's not a media agenda.

To think Woody Johnson has no say or opinions on how HIS team is managed is naive.

I'm not saying he's forcing anything on Rex, but he certainly could put pressure on him.

All Pro

There is no other reason Tebow dressed on Thanksgiving with his broken ribs other than because there were orders - national televised game, Tebow fans wanted to see him. The media (and the NFL) have their agenda regardless of whether you feed into it or not.

All League
    I have no problem with Rex being coy. Why not keep the Jags guessing who will start ??? I'm sure he has his mind made up, just as Harbaugh did a few weeks ago. But to come out and say right now who the starter is and give the Jags a full week to prepare would be foolish.

Rex gets blasted (and rightfully so) when he talks to much. But now some are blasting him for keeping quiet ??? I guess he just can't win with some of you around here.
    This is the ****ing Jags you are talking about...And then you want to compare the 49s situation to the Jets??...They got two starters and are gonna be in the post season...We dont know if we got one starter...what we do know is Mark and Teblow are not the answer so why not see what the kid has..??

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe rex needs to talk to the coaches to see if they can put together an option offense for tebow on sunday. Rex has to be deciding btwn tebow and mcelroy. Sanchez cannot even be an option.

Veteran
    You would hate being a Patriots fan. Belichick hasn't given away an ounce of information in a press conference in 12 years.

But when Rex doesn't say anything... the outrage! the audacity! fire him now!

PC's aren't for giving fans answers.

BB has credibility, when you expect your team will win each and every sunday and for just cause, you do not require the info as bad.

I will say that Rex better have a plan come the first practice, because if Tin Cup is not practicing with the first team all week and Sanchize is not the sure starter, we are F--ked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    There is no other reason Tebow dressed on Thanksgiving with his broken ribs other than because there were orders - national televised game, Tebow fans wanted to see him. The media (and the NFL) have their agenda regardless of whether you feed into it or not.
    and where's the proof that this was the case? that's a conspiracy theory if i've ever heard one.

as botched as Rex handled it, don't you think it's more likely he wanted Belichick and company to gameplan for Tebow? You know, the head coach making a football decision, albeit a sloppy one.

There's no NFL or Woody Johnson mandate to play him. If that's the case don't you think he would have... I don't know... played this season?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Maybe rex needs to talk to the coaches to see if they can put together an option offense for tebow on sunday. Rex has to be deciding btwn tebow and mcelroy. Sanchez cannot even be an option.
    There is only one option and that is McElroy..Tebow ain't even gonna be here next year so why in the world would you not want to see what the kid has?..The Tebow thing is done time for everyone to get over it, he may not even get a chance with another team at a starting position..

and where's the proof that this was the case? that's a conspiracy theory if i've ever heard one.

as botched as Rex handled it, don't you think it's more likely he wanted Belichick and company to gameplan for Tebow? You know, the head coach making a football decision, albeit a sloppy one.

There's no NFL or Woody Johnson mandate to play him. If that's the case don't you think he would have... I don't know... played this season?
    I think the proof is he didn't play the week after. Same injury and by all accounts is didn't get worse week over week.

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    BB has credibility, when you expect your team will win each and every sunday and for just cause, you do not require the info as bad.
    There's the misconception, that somehow us fans are required to have info.

There is no requirement to inform the fans or keep the fans happy by telling you what's going on in meetings or behind the scenes. It's a business, we are not privileged to the inner workings of that business no matter how many Jets jerseys you buy or how many games you go to on Sunday.

PC's are so the beat writers can write their papers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    This is the ****ing Jags you are talking about...And then you want to compare the 49s situation to the Jets??...They got two starters and are gonna be in the post season...We dont know if we got one starter...what we do know is Mark and Teblow are not the answer so why not see what the kid has..??
    Who the Jets or 49ers are playing is irrelevant. The Jets have a very rare competitive advantage. The other team does not know which QB to prepare for. Why wouldn't Rex use this in the teams favor??? He would be a fool not to.

Jets Insider VIP
    McElroy starter
    Sanchez backup
    Teblow inactive and cut the day the season ends

Draft mid round QB to be number 3 for a season and be backup to GMac in 14 when Sanchez is waived

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Who the Jets or 49ers are playing is irrelevant. The Jets have a very rare competitive advantage. The other team does not know which QB to prepare for. Why wouldn't Rex use this in the teams favor??? He would be a fool not to.
    SF has 2 different QBs, one a high % pocket passer and the other a strong armed running QB who will take more shots down the field.

Both our QBs are virtually the same height, weight and equally fast. You dont need to "scheme" that differently for mcelroy or sanchez.

Because it probably harms your teams psyche more than the competitive advantage it gives you.

All League
    Yea...how did that plan work out for us this year???...Dude are you kidding me we cant hold a candle to the 49s...

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Yea...how did that plan work out for us this year???...Dude are you kidding me we cant hold a candle to the 49s...
    I love when you compare handling of a media situation to another football team, and you immediately get discredited because the other team is better.

Context. Context. Context.

All Pro
    How the hell would they prepare for McElroy? From a quarter and a half of NFL gameplay? Or maybe his 8th grade film?