Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Once again press conference was a joke..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again press conference was a joke..

This afternoons press conference was again a joke....Rex...I have not watched any tape on the Jags so I don't know who at this time will give us the better chance to win??....Hey Rex I didn't watch any film on them either but it is pretty clear they suck...When he tells the press I only want to talk facts and not "what ifs"...I was waiting for someone to have the balls to say ..The facts are Mark sucks, Tebow is a ****ing joke..So why don't you have the balls to name G mac..the starter...Wtf Rex...would you just for once lay it out there and top worrying about little Marks feeling...Geez the ****ing guy has taken more undeserved money from this organization..and now you are gonna tip toe around the facts that he is not a starting QB in this league.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    This afternoons press conference was again a joke....Rex...I have not watched any tape on the Jags so I don't know who at this time will give us the better chance to win??....Hey Rex I didn't watch any film on them either but it is pretty clear they suck...When he tells the press I only want to talk facts and not "what ifs"...I was waiting for someone to have the balls to say ..The facts are Mark sucks, Tebow is a ****ing joke..So why don't you have the balls to name G mac..the starter...Wtf Rex...would you just for once lay it out there and top worrying about little Marks feeling...Geez the ****ing guy has taken more undeserved money from this organization..and now you are gonna tip toe around the facts that he is not a starting QB in this league.
    Why the press conference? What was the point? Nothing was said that wasn't said after the game yesterday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully this is just more of rex' buffoonish gamesmanship to keep the Jags "guessing". McElroy has to be the starter Sunday or the lockerroom will revolt and the fans will burn down Metlife stadium

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    hopefully this is just more of rex' buffoonish gamesmanship to keep the Jags "guessing". McElroy has to be the starter Sunday or the lockerroom will revolt and the fans will burn down Metlife stadium
    I hope you are right..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Why the press conference? What was the point? Nothing was said that wasn't said after the game yesterday.
    Every Monday there is a press conference. It's not a ****ing choice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the point in naming the starter today? To make you feel better? What's the rush.

Sit down, talk with the coaches, see the practice...go from there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    And what would they do if they knew it was McElory? It's not like there is any film on him playing in the regular season NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Rex Ryan. I loved the guy but he is clueless and I will be thrilled when he is fired in 4 weeks.

Even herm came right out after benching vinny and said Chad Pennington will be the starting qb. We need a spark etc. Great press conference.

Herm > then what rex has become

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    What's the point in naming the starter today? To make you feel better? What's the rush.

Have you not seen enough?...Sanchez's play is brining down this whole team..A RUSH?...this should have been done weeks ago, would it not make sense to see what we have in G-mac..?...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex will start sanchez next week but there will be a quicker hook. Thats what I think this means.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    It's league mandated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would hate being a Patriots fan. Belichick hasn't given away an ounce of information in a press conference in 12 years.

But when Rex doesn't say anything... the outrage! the audacity! fire him now!

PC's aren't for giving fans answers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex may be (I would guess almost definitely is) getting pressure from Woody to start Tebow.

He may be pushing back and doesn't want to name someone before he and Woody had a chance to talk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

There are a few reasons why he should have done it today....

1. Its 12:00, he has had time to watch the tape of yesterday in case there was any doubt at all, that sanchez is a completely broken player from a confidence standpoint.

2. Today the players are in early for treatment, he has had time to address the team, BEFORE the media gets a hold of the story.

3. He would have had time to meet with the players privately as well.

4. He can stop/control all media speculation, second guessing etc that will go on now until wednesday as they are off tmrw.

5. He can prevent any player from being asked "who do you think should start". You would think they would all know how to dodge those questions, btu this is the jets lockerroom.

6. This is most important....a decision needs to be made by the start of practice Wed morning because mcelroy deserves the opportunity to have as many first team reps as possible. So any press present for the start of practice will see who takes the first snap, tweet it, and then rex will be on the defensive in the press conf after practice.

There should not be ANYTHING at this point, that mark can do to get back rex's or the teams confidence. Rex should have manned up, made a decision, and moved forward.

Cue two unecessary days of media speculation that could have been avoided.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    You would hate being a Patriots fan. Belichick hasn't given away an ounce of information in a press conference in 12 years.

Yeah, I'd hate being a Patriots fan and watching my team win the division every year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, lets say rex has the same rights as a guy with 10 division crowns and 3 super bowl wins. Brilliant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Rex may be (I would guess almost definitely is) getting pressure from Woody to start Tebow.

He may be pushing back and doesn't want to name someone before he and Woody had a chance to talk.
    If he needs to check with the owner about who his starting QB is, then he should quit on the spot, no owner should need to be consulted about who starts and who doesnt.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The odds are Sanchez will start this weekend. I just feel that's the way he'll go. But like someone just said this week he'll have a quicker hook. I'd start Mac but Sanchez is Rex's guy and has stuck by him since day 1.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem with Rex being coy. Why not keep the Jags guessing who will start ??? I'm sure he has his mind made up, just as Harbaugh did a few weeks ago. But to come out and say right now who the starter is and give the Jags a full week to prepare would be foolish.

Rex gets blasted (and rightfully so) when he talks to much. But now some are blasting him for keeping quiet ??? I guess he just can't win with some of you around here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, lets say rex has the same rights as a guy with 10 division crowns and 3 super bowl wins. Brilliant.
    What does winning have to do with media relations? We're talking about standing behind a microphone, not being on a football field.