Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa KILLING Ryan Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Um the Jets dont challenge the Giants and the,Giants are the Yankees and Jets are the mets.,
    Duh...

But Rex has tried to challenge that mentality and Francesa hates it. Francesa views those as the true New York teams and the Mets and Jets as the little brothers. Francesa doesn't like anyone who dares to think that the Jets could be bigger than the Giants and that the Mets could ever be bigger than the Yankees.

And I'm a Yanks fan fwiw.

Jets Insider VIP
    As I remember he is forced to say some nice things about the Mets because he is shooting offhis big fat trap on the FAN your flagship station of the Metropolitans

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Duh...

But Rex has tried to challenge that mentality and Francesa hates it. Francesa views those as the true New York teams and the Mets and Jets as the little brothers. Francesa doesn't like anyone who dares to think that the Jets could be bigger than the Giants and that the Mets could ever be bigger than the Yankees.

Listen I hate fatass francesa more then anybody. But anyone and everyone should be pounding on the sad excuse for a football team. It's ****ing embarrassing but we deserve it for supporting their absolute bull ****. F them Tired of the same old **** year after ****ing year. Get,it,together 1 year, is that too much to ask as a fan that's been getting nut punched for 25 years? Rex also is a loudmouth putz who made it ten times worse to wear your Jersey or gear anywhere in this city. All bark no bite *****

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Listen I hate fatass francesa more then anybody. But anyone and everyone should be pounding on the sad excuse for a football team. It's ****ing embarrassing but we deserve it for supporting their absolute bull ****. F them Tired of the same old **** year after ****ing year. Get,it,together 1 year, is that too much to ask as a fan that's been getting nut punched for 25 years? Rex also is a loudmouth putz who made it ten times worse to wear your Jersey or gear anywhere in this city. All bark no bite *****
    Francesa has been very fair and objective regarding the Jets for the past two seasons, has shown restraint in fact.

Today he's 100% right that Ryan thinks his defense played "outstanding" yesterday against the only offense in the NFL that's worse than his own. Gave example after example of how he's just a defensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Who the fukc cares. Do you get a cut?
    That's not a nice thing to say, young lady.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    SOJF mentality of loving to hear their "favorite" team get ripped.
    The opposite, actually.

Jets fans get so tired of reading the rah-rah bullsh-t on fan sites like this that's its nice to hear an objective outside opinion every once in awhile.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    What's he saying about Sark Manchez?
    1. Jets ruined him.

2. He's probably past the point of being able to function in Florham Park, needs a new team and a change of scenery.

3. Jets didn't support him after he showed promise in his first 2 seasons.

4. Sanchez hasn't elevated the play of those around him.

5. #3 and #4 are chicken-and-egg, not sure if it's the QB that's bad or if it's the talent around him.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Good. Rex has done an awful job for basically two years now. Unprepared, underachieving in all three phases of the game.
    The best parts were:

1. How yesterday's game was an embarrassment, no matter how bad our offense was we should have won that game going away the Cardinals are that bad.

2. Taking credit for a "shut down defense" against the worst QB he's ever seen start and finish an NFL game.

3. Making it all about the defense, the same defense that couldn't stop a cold earlier in the season.

The quarterback stuff we expect from the pundits. It's nice to hear them say that the quarterback is only part of the problem. Nice to know that there's normalcy in the real world.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Working hard today, I see. , SAR...

Lucky the missus makes 90 percent of your family income so you can fritter away your " work" day calling attention to yourself on the internet

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. Jets ruined him.

2. He's probably past the point of being able to function in Florham Park, needs a new team and a change of scenery.

3. Jets didn't support him after he showed promise in his first 2 seasons.

4. Sanchez hasn't elevated the play of those around him.

5. #3 and #4 are chicken-and-egg, not sure if it's the QB that's bad or if it's the talent around him.

SAR I
    I agree with every one of these things. The Jets gave that kid nothing to work with. They let all his WR's and weapons go. No attention was focused on offense....Rex scoffs at the notion of even drafting a WR high. OLine was in shambles. Yet we draft a DL AGAIN in the first round and a WR that cant catch yet. We couldve had Braylon again this year but traded for T-shirt and merchandise sales and had to play it off like we actually needed him for football reasons..therefore disrupting Mark's flow of the game. At this point I hope Mark wins a superbowl with another team......ill be happy for him.....just like I was happy for Chad when he stuck it to us and won the division.

The Romney campaign thanks the Jets....

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

Yeah, that win yesterday did nothing for me. This franchise is in really bad shape, far away from contending.
    100% on the money. 7-6 against a team that has packed it in losing 7 in a row flying across country. Not exactly a confident win. After having such confidence in Sanchez during a 35-3 blow out to pull him in a 3-0 game with slim playoffs hopes for a player who didnt dress all year. Lots to question

The opposite, actually.

Jets fans get so tired of reading the rah-rah bullsh-t on fan sites like this that's its nice to hear an objective outside opinion every once in awhile.

SAR I
    Right on the money

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The opposite, actually.

SAR I
    Lmao

WTF are you reading? This site has been in meltdown mode for weeks. I personally have given up on the Jets altogether (see avatar).

All Pro
    But Rex has tried to challenge that mentality and Francesa hates it.
    Maybe Francessa being a non jets fan saw through Rex's bullsh!t while we were blinded by the fact that he was the anti mangini and started off well with mangini's guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I agree with every one of these things. The Jets gave that kid nothing to work with. They let all his WR's and weapons go. No attention was focused on offense....Rex scoffs at the notion of even drafting a WR high. OLine was in shambles. Yet we draft a DL AGAIN in the first round and a WR that cant catch yet. We couldve had Braylon again this year but traded for T-shirt and merchandise sales and had to play it off like we actually needed him for football reasons..therefore disrupting Mark's flow of the game. At this point I hope Mark wins a superbowl with another team......ill be happy for him.....just like I was happy for Chad when he stuck it to us and won the division.

The Romney campaign thanks the Jets....
    The most annoying part of this is that two of the players he drafted weren't necessary and aren't playing over the guys they were supposed to replace.

Pouha is better than Ellis at this point.
    DeVito is a starter at DE/NT at this point that is ahead of Coples.
    Wilkerson is a good 3-4 DE but is he really doing anymore than some of the guys we've had in the past? I like this pick, but it should have stopped here with drafting DLineman.

Especially wasting draft picks at the expense of the OLine/WR/RB/TE/backup QB positions. I mean seriously, our idea of backups have been Kellen Clemens, Mark Brunell, Eric Ainge, Greg McElroy, Drew Stanton.... come on. That's just pathetic. No idea how to groom a QB whatsoever. So they go and sign castoff FA backup QBs. It's a shame.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Duh...

And through the mid 90's the Mets outdrew the Yankees on a pretty regular basis.

And NY was always referred to as a national league town.

So every nitwit who thinks the Mets take a back seat to the yankees, other than a national level is talking out of the side of their a$$ that roots for the yankees.

The most annoying part of this is that two of the players he drafted weren't necessary and aren't playing over the guys they were supposed to replace.

Pouha is better than Ellis at this point.
    DeVito is a starter at DE/NT at this point that is ahead of Coples.
    Wilkerson is a good 3-4 DE but is he really doing anymore than some of the guys we've had in the past? I like this pick, but it should have stopped here with drafting DLineman.

Especially wasting draft picks at the expense of the OLine/WR/RB/TE/backup QB positions. I mean seriously, our idea of backups have been Kellen Clemens, Mark Brunell, Eric Ainge, Greg McElroy, Drew Stanton.... come on. That's just pathetic. No idea how to groom a QB whatsoever. So they go and sign castoff FA backup QBs. It's a shame.
    When was the last offensive playmaker we drafted in the first round? (not including Sanchez if you can call him that)

2001 16 Santana Moss WR Miami (Florida) 10* 4 [28]
    2002 22 Bryan Thomas DE Alabama-Birmingham 9* 9*
    2003 4 Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky 6 5 [29]
    2004 12 Jonathan Vilma LB Miami (Florida) 7* 4
    2005 No draft pick [30]
    2006 4 D'Brickashaw Ferguson T Virginia 5* 5*
    29 Nick Mangold C Ohio State 5* 5*
    2007 14 Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh 4* 4* [31]
    2008 6 Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State 3* 3
    30 Dustin Keller TE Purdue 3* 3* [32]
    2009 5 Mark Sanchez QB USC 2* 2* [33]
    2010 29 Kyle Wilson CB Boise State 1* 1* [34]
    2011 30 Muhammad Wilkerson DL Temple University 0* 0* [35]
    2012 16 Quinton Coples

According to this:

Since 2001 the Jets drafted only 2 Players at Skill positions Moss and Keller the rest is all defense....and people wonder why our offense is soo inept...Kyle Wilson??? really??? Gholston???? we couldve traded down and gotten so many picks for that pick. Coples??

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    When was the last offensive playmaker we drafted in the first round? (not including Sanchez if you can call him that)

2001 16 Santana Moss WR Miami (Florida) 10* 4 [28]
    2002 22 Bryan Thomas DE Alabama-Birmingham 9* 9*
    2003 4 Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky 6 5 [29]
    2004 12 Jonathan Vilma LB Miami (Florida) 7* 4
    2005 No draft pick [30]
    2006 4 D'Brickashaw Ferguson T Virginia 5* 5*
    29 Nick Mangold C Ohio State 5* 5*
    2007 14 Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh 4* 4* [31]
    2008 6 Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State 3* 3
    30 Dustin Keller TE Purdue 3* 3* [32]
    2009 5 Mark Sanchez QB USC 2* 2* [33]
    2010 29 Kyle Wilson CB Boise State 1* 1* [34]
    2011 30 Muhammad Wilkerson DL Temple University 0* 0* [35]
    2012 16 Quinton Coples

According to this:

Since 2001 the Jets drafted only 2 Players at Skill positions Moss and Keller the rest is all defense....and people wonder why our offense is soo inept...Kyle Wilson??? really??? Gholston???? we couldve traded down and gotten so many picks for that pick. Coples??
    And I have my doubts as to how good of a playmaker Moss was. He had that one breakout year. But after that he's been a dud with the Redskins.

And I have my doubts as to how good of a playmaker Moss was. He had that one breakout year. But after that he's been a dud with the Redskins.
    Moss has been a reliable WR for the Redskins. I think hes done pretty well considering the QB's hes had the work with. I'm saying you look around the league and the have play makers on offense. For once I want a playmaker....a Megatron...an LT in his prime an Adrian Peterson....We've never had a player like that....someone that can score from anywhere on the field......GB has Jennings, Driver, Finley, James Jones and Jordy Nelson and some other guy...WEAPONS!!!!!! and your telling me we cant even keep Braylon Edwards and Jericho Cotchery??? This falls on Tanny and Woody.....no one else!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I hated losing Moss... Big playmaker in his prime and can still bring it. Four 1,000 yard seasons is nothing to ignore. Do our current WR have 1,000 yards combined prior to this year, outside of 600 yard per year Holmes?