Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Bronco teammates rip Tebow

Hall Of Fame

Former Bronco teammates rip Tebow

I feel bad for Tim, why does his former and current teammates feel the need to rip the guy? Do players really resent the attention he gets THAT much?

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Former Broncos teammates rip Tebow, also 'feel horrible' for him #nyj: http://nyp.st/Ukxjtb via @nypost

By BRIAN COSTELLO
    Posted: 12:03 PM, December 3, 2012

Jets fans may be focused on Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy right now, but that has not stopped Tim Tebow from coming under another anonymous attack.
    CBSsports.com quotes anonymous Broncos players simultaneously ripping their former quarterback and saying they feel sorry for him.

"When Tim was here we saw the issues up close," the Broncos players said. "The Jets didn't, and now they are seeing the problems, too."

He added: "I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

Another Bronco compared their division-winning quarterback this year Peyton Manning and last year's Tebow.

"Of course we're comparing this year to last year," said the player. "This year we won the division with four games left. That's all Peyton Manning. If Tebow was here, we'd still be squeaking out wins, or losing games we shouldn't be losing. The division would be coming down to the last game.

"I've been following Tim in New York and I feel horrible for him. Everyone here, I think, wants the best for him. He's a good guy. But you can't turn Tim into something he's not, and he's not really an NFL quarterback. He's more of a gimmick player.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I feel bad for Tim, why does his former and current teammates feel the need to rip the guy? Do players really resent the attention he gets THAT much?

Former Broncos teammates rip Tebow, also 'feel horrible' for him #nyj: http://nyp.st/Ukxjtb via @nypost

By BRIAN COSTELLO

Jets fans may be focused on Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy right now, but that has not stopped Tim Tebow from coming under another anonymous attack.
    CBSsports.com quotes anonymous Broncos players simultaneously ripping their former quarterback and saying they feel sorry for him.

"When Tim was here we saw the issues up close," the Broncos players said. "The Jets didn't, and now they are seeing the problems, too."

He added: "I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

Another Bronco compared their division-winning quarterback this year Peyton Manning and last year's Tebow.

"Of course we're comparing this year to last year," said the player. "This year we won the division with four games left. That's all Peyton Manning. If Tebow was here, we'd still be squeaking out wins, or losing games we shouldn't be losing. The division would be coming down to the last game.

"I've been following Tim in New York and I feel horrible for him. Everyone here, I think, wants the best for him. He's a good guy. But you can't turn Tim into something he's not, and he's not really an NFL quarterback. He's more of a gimmick player.
    That all sounds fairly accurate.

Demos,

We all await your rebuttal....

Its basically the same stuff that his Jets teammates were saying a few weeks ago. They all see him every day in practice, Denver last year, the Jets this year. Gotta think where theres smoke theres fire.

I dont think they're jealous, I think they're being asked "is Tebow an NFL QB?" and ***** anonymous quoting aside, they're being honest.

^ and again....They all think Tebow is a swell guy....JUST *NOT* AN NFL QB!

Like I've been saying and many others(that aren't Teblow fans) have been saying all along...

The sooner he is jettisoned, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

By BRIAN COSTELLO

Those players better be ready to answer to Southside and Demos.

All League
    I feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't deserve any of this ****. What has he ever done to draw anonymous douchey comments from teammates and ex-teammates?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Those players better be ready to answer to Southside and Demos.

and Jeeeebus

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't deserve any of this ****. What has he ever done to draw anonymous douchey comments from teammates and ex-teammates?
    Poor guy has such a hard and miserable life....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Poor guy has such a hard and miserable life....
    Okay so because he's been a privileged athlete his whole life it's fine to thrown him under the bus anonymously.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

More anonymous quotes from gutless cowards.

/Dump

lol now that is a back stabbing fool that player. Hate tebow all you want he got your sorry asses into the playoffs last year after orton was 1-5 or whatever. No he is not a pro quality QB but he is a pro quality player if you actually have a plan for the guy.

I've never seen such a total over blown kerfuffle over an anciliayr player before.

Hall Of Fame
    Okay so because he's been a privileged athlete his whole life it's fine to thrown him under the bus anonymously.

I get that the players do not think he is a good QB, I just find it weird that you hear players rip him like they do. Usually players dont say anything about other players in that regard, unless they are talking trash about an opponent, but seldom about a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    More anonymous quotes from gutless cowards.

/Dump
    I agree, but to the point, isnt it telling that they're all saying the same thing - "nice guy, not an NFL starting QB"?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    I agree, but to the point, isnt it telling that they're all saying the same thing - "nice guy, not an NFL starting QB"?
    It's not like that is breaking news.

Pretty easy to say when
    A. You won't put your name to it and
    B. His replacement is Peyton Manning.

Just gutless cowards.

The only thing it does point out is how clueless the Jets organization is for trading for Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Demos,

We all await your rebuttal....
    lol.

It's not like that is breaking news.
    Actually, its apparently major breaking news to a host of Tebowites clamoring for him to start.

Pretty easy to say when
    A. You won't put your name to it
    This much is true, but anonymous negative quotes are the norm in sports these days. You can't be surprised by it.

B. His replacement is Peyton Manning.
    Or when his competition is Mark Sanchez..... or next year God willing, his competition is Chad Henne or the like somewhere else. If they do part ways, I don't see this being the last of the comments from teammates.

Jets Insider VIP
    So tebow cannot run an nfl pro style offense but can be very successful in an option offense.

Who knew.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's a Christian. They used to feed us to lions and these neanderthals cheered.

He sucks at QB....