Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Bronco teammates rip Tebow

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    He sucks at QB....
    If thats the case, the anger and frustration should be pointed to mgmt. I dont think ive even heard Tebow ever lobby for himself to be inserted at QB this year.....at least not publicly.

I guess hes a douche because he got drafted or something. Still dont know how Tebow is to blame there......possibly he should have "abstained" from the NFL draft. There, a Teblow joke for you.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    What has he ever done to draw anonymous douchey comments from teammates and ex-teammates?
    Continue to try and play QB in the NFL....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So tebow cannot run an nfl pro style offense but can be very successful in an option offense.

Who knew.
    Tebow can probably be very successful in an Option offense, however an Option offense won't be very successful in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    More anonymous quotes from gutless cowards.

/Dump
    Agreed, but at the same time, I don't see how these comments "rip" Tebow.

hmmmmm lets see??? Peyton Manning or Tim (thank the lord my FG kicker in Denver can hit from 60 yrds) Tebow

Come on, Tebow can't even start here... Enough already on Tebow, its now McElroy's team to lose....

Jets Insider VIP
    however an Option offense won't be very successful in the NFL.
    It was last year for denver. I know you weill tell me it was defense and fg kickers and luck and the running game etc, but the fact is it won games.

Now I am not saying it is the way to go. But if you are going to sign tebow, you have to realize that thats the only offense he can run.

Are you telling me the jets thought tebow could run a pro style offense and are now extremely disappointed because he cant?

With cracked ribs, the Tebow style of playing absolutely does not work. Without, who knows, other than having to have Nick "I hit both goal posts in a real game, not Flick Football" Folk having to nail 50+yarders just to keep the Jets in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Demos,

We all await your rebuttal....
    Simple enough. Last I recall, the broncos were 1-4 and pretty much out of the playoff picture last year under a "real nfl" qb named Orton.

Tebow came in and they went 7-4, won the division Nd went to the playoffs.

Where were these guys during that 1-4 run before he took over?

As to being better this year with Manning, duh ????

As to having the division locked up with 4 games left, have the giants locked up their division already? Or the Packers? Hmmm, maybe, just maybe, not having your division locked up right now with 4 games left doesn't mean you are a terrible qb?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    He's a Christian. They used to feed us to lions and these neanderthals cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tebow can probably be very successful in an Option offense, however an Option offense won't be very successful in the NFL.
    Do you realize that Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, RG3, Russel Wilson, and Colin Kaepernick are ALL using some variation of the spread option in the NFL? To a lesser degree so do guys like Aaron Rodgers?

Tebow, Wilson and Colin all lead their teams to winning records. Granted they all required strong defenses, but this is no different than running a generic NFL offense with a game manager and a strong defense.

This "won't work" idea is kind of silly when it's happening all over the place. It CLEARLY DOES work. Whether it will lead to Superbowls or whether it will be maintained remains to be seen but you are repeating an outdated "unwritten rule" which has already been proven wrong.

What is the issue, the media ******* use the phrase "ripped" to describe what was being said.
    It is what is said by every person who looks at Tim as Jag and not some sort of saint. Tim is a genuine person and not a phony as others would have or want you to believe. He is a deeply devote person and it not some act to get attention. He is a good team mate an works his ass off to get better. Hard not to like and respect an even praise a guy like Tim

What he is not is, An NFL QB!!!!!!! This is what those of us who neither wanted or like the trade for him understood right from the beginning. If Tim wishes to continue on in the NFL my suggestion to him would be to give up the idea of f/t QB and develop his natural athletic abilities to either RB or TE.

If Tebow played the entire season last year the Broncos projected to 11 wins, Orton went 1-4 before he came in. Broncos are a better team than last year even outside of QB, but put Manning in already down 1-4 and the Division would come down to the last game also. The amount of Tebow hate astounds me sometimes.

I find it kind of odd that both times there was an imminent possibility of a QB change here, these anonymous "Tebow sucks" reports start flooding out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Do you realize that Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, RG3, Russel Wilson, and Colin Kaepernick are ALL using some variation of the spread option in the NFL? To a lesser degree so do guys like Aaron Rodgers?

Tebow, Wilson and Colin all lead their teams to winning records. Granted they all required strong defenses, but this is no different than running a generic NFL offense with a game manager and a strong defense.

This "won't work" idea is kind of silly when it's happening all over the place. It CLEARLY DOES work. Whether it will lead to Superbowls or whether it will be maintained remains to be seen but you are repeating an outdated "unwritten rule" which has already been proven wrong.
    Well said. The hate for Tebow is so inexplicably severe, that in excess of 100 people who frequent this message forum have selected Greg McElroy, after watching him toss SEVEN passes, as the future of the team.

The fans here are just as disfunctional as the franchise.

I dont attend church and couldn't care less about the Florida Gators, but I can see the pro football trending to bigger, stronger QB's who can make plays with their legs. Tebow has potential. Get over it.

Practice Squad
    I find it kind of odd that both times there was an imminent possibility of a QB change here, these anonymous "Tebow sucks" reports start flooding out.
    Because when the questions are asked whether it's Tebow time, people come out and say he's overrated and isn't very good. He's not an NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    Because when the questions are asked whether it's Tebow time, people come out and say he's overrated and isn't very good. He's not an NFL QB.
    Look, it's legitimate for any reporter or fan to ask if the #2 QB will start if your #1 QB is about to be benched or just got benched.

If Rex doesn't believe he is a capable QB, then he should say so, and should have designated him as the #3 and save him this public humiliation.

However, the question I have is why is Mike Freeman or whoever it was feel the need to go interview Broncos players, then write up a piece with an anonymous report right now, this week?

That's all. Who does that? When has this happened before? What is the reason for all this?

Isn't this all because Rex doesn't have the leadership and is too big a coward to make a definitive statement about this quarterback situation? Seems to me like he's waiting for someone else to do his dirty work because he doesn't have the courage to do so and he's letting it all unfold through the media. Sorry, but that's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    More anonymous quotes from gutless cowards.

/Dump
    LOL, the Broncos are a circus.

5 of the 6 QBs you mentioned can throw a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    Exactly. I find it funny how Christians think (some) people not liking them as being oppressed. It's so silly, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    5 of the 6 QBs you mentioned can throw a ball.
    Actually, all 6 of them can throw the ball.