Thread: Mets Get Serious About Trading R.A. Dickey

Mets Get Serious About Trading R.A. Dickey

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/275665141952049156
    ‏@jaysonst
    Sources say #Mets have gotten "serious" about trading R.A. Dickey as soon as this week. #Rangers & #Royals seen as most logical fits.
    ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    the #mets are talking to several teams about trades for RA Dickey. they seek catching and outfield help.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 12-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    certainly makes sense considering the mets will not be competetive the next 2 years, but ill believe it when i see it...i am not sure the mets want to take the PR hit. can dickey at 38 years old bring back a top prospect like Myers? i guess if a beltran rental can net wheeler...anything is possible.

they need a major league outfielder, they have none right now, so it makes sense to trade Dickey. got to hope wheeler and harvey are the real deal. add in Niese and it can be a good rotation

All Pro
    Royals would really give Myers?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    certainly makes sense considering the mets will not be competetive the next 2 years, but ill believe it when i see it...i am not sure the mets want to take the PR hit. can dickey at 38 years old bring back a top prospect like Myers? i guess if a beltran rental can net wheeler...anything is possible.
    Locking up the face of the franchise in David Wright will weaken any backlash they get for trading RA. Besides, it's a smart baseball move to deal RA Dickey. Any reasonable Mets fan should know that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Royals would really give Myers?
    If Dickey could bring back Wil Myers, I'd drive him to KC myself. And I'm not dead set on trading him.

I'll believe that when I see it.

All League
    Buccos!

All Pro
    Jays are rumored to be actively seeking a Mets pitcher. They have JP and Travis D'Arnaud to offer as a catcher.

Don't want to make this deal if it involves D'Arnaud. One of the top catching prospects in all of baseball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Makes sense from a team building perspective for sure

RA has great value short term being 38 to a contending team or one who thinks one CYA pitcher makes them a contender especially one with some perceived surplus of non infield position players.

The rote of Harvey Niese Gee Wheeler etc is still a team strength without RA

But the current projected OF of Duda Valdepin Neuenheis Baxter etc is miles below minimal MLB standards

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 12-04-2012 at 10:57 AM.

I think the Mets are in a good position - if someone wows them with a top prospect or two- and im talking MLB ready in 2013, make the deal. If not, resign him.

@KenDavidoff
    In trade talks for R.A. Dickey, #Mets asked #Rangers for a rich package that included Mike Olt. #Rangers haven't countered.