Thread: New Story: Rex Ryan Wants "More Time" Before Announcing Starter

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Rex Ryan Wants "More Time" Before Announcing Starter

Florham Park, NJ - The entire NFL world gathered around their electronic devices this morning to hear what Rex Ryan would have to say about who the Jets starting quarterback would be, but you didn't actually think it would be that simple did you?

Of course many held out hope that a definitive change would be made and many more were expecting to hear Ryan say the team would stick with Sanchez as the starter, naturally the answer was right smack in the middle.

"Well, I think right now I definitely need a little more time to make that decision." Ryan said,...

More...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER View Post
    Florham Park, NJ - The entire NFL world gathered around their electronic devices this morning to hear what Rex Ryan would have to say about who the Jets starting quarterback would be, but you didn't actually think it would be that simple did you?

Of course many held out hope that a definitive change would be made and many more were expecting to hear Ryan say the team would stick with Sanchez as the starter, naturally the answer was right smack in the middle.

"Well, I think right now I definitely need a little more time to make that decision." Ryan said,...

More...
    Oh Geez. Rex has no idea what to do here. Yikes. It is a toughy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The longer he waits, the less likely it will be Tebow (thank Jesus) becase they would have to institute a new offense and there isn't time for that nor would it be productive for next year. If the Jets were playing at home this week it would definitely be Mcelroy, but since they are going on the road I could see him giving Sanchez one more chance....with a very short leash.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I could see him giving Sanchez one more chance....with a very short leash.
    But what does that prove? What could possibly come of going back in that direction? He has a good game? Whoopdie doo. We've seen that already.

Such a stupid direction to go in (and i agree - i can see them doing too). We know what we needed to know. Sanchez is not going to elevate the NY Jets to a consistent and productive offense. He needs to go elsewhere and see if he can't give it a second go under new management with a new cast.

There's nothing else here for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be Greg

Bank on it

announcement prob Wed or NLT Thurs...last full practice before they headd to FL

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But what does that prove? What could possibly come of going back in that direction? He has a good game? Whoopdie doo. We've seen that already.

Such a stupid direction to go in (and i agree - i can see them doing too). We know what we needed to know. Sanchez is not going to elevate the NY Jets to a consistent and productive offense. He needs to go elsewhere and see if he can't give it a second go under new management with a new cast.

There's nothing else here for him.
    Its because Tanny signed him for next year. If not for that extension, sanchez would have been benched 6 weeks ago.

They need to say to woody, "See, we were right. Sanchez is good."

Sanchez has cost both rex and tanny their jobs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, extended Sanchez will cost Tanny his job.

Rex sticking with Sanchez to try and help out tanny will cost rex his job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think it proves (to them) that they weren't stupid for sticking with him this long and giving him a contract extension.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The longer he waits, the less likely it will be Tebow (thank Jesus) becase they would have to institute a new offense and there isn't time for that nor would it be productive for next year. If the Jets were playing at home this week it would definitely be Mcelroy, but since they are going on the road I could see him giving Sanchez one more chance....with a very short leash.
    That would me moronic, IMO.

We all know how well Sanchez has performed all year looking over his shoulder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ONLY thing that has Rex giving serious consideration to going back to Mark Sanchez is his contract situation. Rex is all about team. He will never throw his players, his fellow coaches, or his GM or owner, under the bus.

That's why he needs to pretend he's giving it consideration. Fact of the matter? There's NO consideration whatsoever. McElroy is the guy.

I don't believe for a second (and I could be wrong) that Rex Ryan wants Tim Tebow as his QB. He wants anyone but Tebow. He also KNOWS sanchez is not the answer and will never be the answer. He also only needs to watch the tape of the game to understand that is what the players want.

The players talent rose quite a bit when McElroy stepped in the huddle. It was as though they had suddenly awoken from their trance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The ONLY thing that has Rex giving serious consideration to going back to Mark Sanchez is his contract situation. Rex is all about team. He will never throw his players, his fellow coaches, or his GM or owner, under the bus.

That's why he needs to pretend he's giving it consideration. Fact of the matter? There's NO consideration whatsoever. McElroy is the guy.

I don't believe for a second (and I could be wrong) that Rex Ryan wants Tim Tebow as his QB. He wants anyone but Tebow. He also KNOWS sanchez is not the answer and will never be the answer. He also only needs to watch the tape of the game to understand that is what the players want.

The players talent rose quite a bit when McElroy stepped in the huddle. It was as though they had suddenly awoken from their trance.
    agree

the fans woke up

the offense woke up

and suddenly the defense was finishing sacks and stuffs because they realized their efforts of the first 2 and one half quarters weren't going to be wasted in a 9-0 loss

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    agree

the fans woke up

the offense woke up

and suddenly the defense was finishing sacks and stuffs because they realized their efforts of the first 2 and one half quarters weren't going to be wasted in a 9-0 loss
    I never thought I'd see the day when you and I agree on something.

I have to give you credit. You looked at this OBJECTIVELY and drew a conclusion. Good job.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He's waiting for his guru to text him back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day when you and I agree on something.

I have to give you credit. You looked at this OBJECTIVELY and drew a conclusion. Good job.
    I have to also admit that you were right about the QB situation and I was wrong.

Of course, in my defense, I was envisioning them inserting Teblow as the starter and that would probably even have been worse that what Sanchez showed yesterday.

After yesterday's display of incompetence they really had no choice but to pull Mark and thankfully Brokerib Mountain was on the inactive list allowing them to put in a real quarterback

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I have to also admit that you were right about the QB situation and I was wrong.

Of course, in my defense, I was envisioning them inserting Teblow as the starter and that would probably even have been worse that what Sanchez showed yesterday.

After yesterday's display of incompetence they really had no choice but to pull Mark and thankfully Brokerib Mountain was on the inactive list allowing them to put in a real quarterback
    And I also think it's indicative of Rex Ryan's thought process. I don't believe he thinks Tim Tebow is a QB. In fact, I'm not quite sure what he thinks Tim Tebow is?

That's why he waited until this situation specifically arose. He knew he couldn't get any flack from the Tebow worshippers for not playing him. His only option was McElroy and I believe that was by design.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like