Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play to lose the game..... ie. Arizona...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Play to lose the game..... ie. Arizona...

That Arizona QB was a joke yesterday... Arizona is tanking the season.. Colts tanked the season last year... and they came up looking like lottery winnners.. No greater value than in the Draft and selection order... By winning games now, the Jets lose.... If you stink, you might as well really stink....

unfortunately, the jets have any easy remaining schedule..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    That Arizona QB was a joke yesterday... Arizona is tanking the season.. Colts tanked the season last year... and they came up looking like lottery winnners.. No greater value than in the Draft and selection order... By winning games now, the Jets lose.... If you stink, you might as well really stink....

Yeah, so we can draft that elite QB prospect.

Oh, wait.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I know, right?

With this Front-office of horse-turds, I have ZERO confidence that even if we had the #1 overall pick, we'd blow it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It must suck going through life with such a loser mentality all the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you say the Colts tanked last year??? What was in it for , whats his name? the chubby black guy, the head coach who lost his job. So he tanked and said see ya guys good luck with Luck next year without me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ I know, right?

With this Front-office of horse-turds, I have ZERO confidence that even if we had the #1 overall pick, we'd blow it.
    So sad. So true.

I don't know what's worse, botching yet another high draft pick or watching these guys win their way out of the Top 15 in the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the future of the franchise, it is in the best interest for the Jets to lose all remaining games.

For you instant gratificationers, you wan to see wins.

Im a long term guy so I hope we play the young guys, they show improvement, but at the end of the game, we come up short.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even my adopted Hampur Team can't beat the lowly Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    For the future of the franchise, it is in the best interest for the Jets to lose all remaining games.

For you instant gratificationers, you wan to see wins.

Im a long term guy so I hope we play the young guys, they show improvement, but at the end of the game, we come up short.
    there is no shame with rebuilding. evaluating talent..... I would play as many young guys to see what they have.... Coples, Hill, Davis should not come off the field.. Sit Moore... play Ducasses full time.. LOL.. Start McElroy..... get some of the young safeties on active roster...

Thomas, Bart Scott , Pace , Lake would see limited time...

Billal Powell should see much more work...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Mush.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Addition by Substraction... losing a battle is not necessarily losing a war.... long haul...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    How can you say the Colts tanked last year??? What was in it for , whats his name? the chubby black guy, the head coach who lost his job. So he tanked and said see ya guys good luck with Luck next year without me.
    no rush for players to come back from injury.... No Manning.. no hurray... they new they weren't going to win anything... coach and GM were lame ducked...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    So sad. So true.

I don't know what's worse, botching yet another high draft pick or watching these guys win their way out of the Top 15 in the draft.

Frankly, no guarantee this FO and coaching staff remains in tact.... If marque name presented itself...

regardless.. whether the 2013 draft is talent filled.. the draft position and number of picks represent value... and opportunity to fill a ton of needs......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no rush for players to come back from injury.... No Manning.. no hurray... they new they weren't going to win anything... coach and GM were lame ducked...
    I mean, I guess its kind of hard to argue the way it played out. See the word "tanked" means to lose on purpose the way I see it. If you are saying the coach and GM were undermined by the organization with the intention to lose as many games as possible to enable them to grab Luck. Possible I guess. Still coaches coach to win as many as they can to save their jobs. I really did not see the roster from last year ,to the turnover this year. Hard to fathom 1 rookie QB can make such a turn around in terms of wins and losses. I would love to know how that feels, as a long suffering Jet fan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is debatable.... for every argument about higher draft picks, you can make an argument about losing games creating a negative atmosphere that doesnt just magically go away and reset every season. Winning is good. Losing is bad.

I hope we play the young guys too, they show improvement, and they win. For the short term, and long term, so they learn how to win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Your screen name dictates that you would know all about being the loser Mr. Suckchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    But man their cheerleaders are cute.... BTW I've got seats for the Lions game I'll let go cheap!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I thought the opposite.

They played better as the season went on. These guys are professionals. If they are smart, they better play hard. I guy who quits on a bad team may find himself out of the league. A guy who continues to play will continue to draw a paycheck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    This is debatable.... for every argument about higher draft picks, you can make an argument about losing games creating a negative atmosphere that doesnt just magically go away and reset every season. Winning is good. Losing is bad.

I hope we play the young guys too, they show improvement, and they win. For the short term, and long term, so they learn how to win.
    That's what I want. Let the younger players gain some valuable experience.

As for losing more, remember when we were all pissed about the punt return that cost us Reggie Bush? Looking back in that draft, players 2,3,4 were Bush, Vince Young, and Brick. Which of those players would you most like to have? Winning a game there saved us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is really a moot point. This years draft is incredibly weak at the top of it. It would be the Jets luck to have a high pick this year.