Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trade a 1st Rounder for Rivers

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rationale on this board is great way to get a laugh. You people are amazing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you imagine Francesa if we traded for Rivers?

"Da unclazzy Jets traded for an unclazzy quataback. Here's Da minkman"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should trade a first rounder for brees instead. he's a winner. we could probably use one of the first rounders we'll get for revis this offseason, no big deal. damn it's easy to be a GM

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Bad idea! No more Qb's who's best years are behind them. Keep our draft picks and sign only hold the fort guys as needed. Build for the long term, not one and done which never seems to work.
    Rivers at 30 years old is a one and done proposition? Do you people actually believe that McElroy is the answer or that the Jets will take one of the project QB's from this years draft? The Jets will go after a veteran QB if Sanchez is gone, and Rivers should be looked at as an option given the trainwreck that is occuring in SD.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In GMac we trust

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I think we should trade a first rounder for brees instead. he's a winner. we could probably use one of the first rounders we'll get for revis this offseason, no big deal. damn it's easy to be a GM
    Sarcasm aside you sound foolish because this suggestion isnt even close to suggesting a 1st round pick could just be used to get a top 5 quarterback like Brees. The point is Rivers value will never be lower after the Chargers bottom out this year.

I'd rather bet a 1st rounder on a proven player returning to pro bowl form with a change of scenery than this year's OB class, if it were last year, totally different story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    Sarcasm aside you sound foolish because this suggestion isnt even close to suggesting a 1st round pick could just be used to get a top 5 quarterback like Brees. The point is Rivers value will never be lower after the Chargers bottom out this year.

I'd rather bet a 1st rounder on a proven player returning to pro bowl form with a change of scenery than this year's OB class, if it were last year, totally different story.
    how do you know SD wants to trade rivers for the jets #1 pick? if I was them I'd keep the QB

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    how do you know SD wants to trade rivers for the jets #1 pick? if I was them I'd keep the QB
    If there ever was a time he would be available, it would be after this season. Its just an idea for a veteran QB, because you know the Jets will be going that route if Sanchez is really done.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    HELL NO! Rivers is a whiny brat that lets his emotions get the better of him. The last two years he has been a turnover machine too. That is a career-ending combination for a QB.

If you want to try a retread with a change of scenery, Tony Romo sounds better to me. Romo is a turnover machine but at least he isn't a brat.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 12-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I want Alex Smith.