Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade a 1st Rounder for Rivers

Trade a 1st Rounder for Rivers

Chargers are imploding and will want a fresh start. I know how bad Rivers has looked lately, but it wasn't so long ago that he nearly won an AFC Championship game on one leg. He is a gamer, and with D'Brick protecting his blindside instead of the revolving door of tackles in San Diego, he can get back to pro-bowl form.

Imagine how much better Keller, Holmes, Kerley, and Hill could be with an accurate QB throwing them the ball. People will say he won't be able to handle the NY spotlight, but I don't buy it. He can thrive here with better protection and Rex shouldering the media assault.

Draft a speed back to compliment Greene, fresh lineman, and fast linebackers. Not a cap guru here, but this Franchise can't go through another rookie qb. Rivers can be a stud. This is the kind of move at QB that the Jets need to make. MCelroy has post-injury Chad arm strength and is not the answer under any circumstance, we've been through that circus before.

Hall Of Fame
    We have less playmakers here than in SD. Rivers would be miserable.

There is no quick fix. We are in for a rebuild. Hopefully they hit some HRs in the draft like '06 and '07 to speed the process up.

No. Trading draft picks is a bad idea.

Rivers is a loser anyway.

What does trading Rivers do for the Chargers? It's not like they're in place to draft a great prospect coming out next year. Let Whitehurst take over?

Don't see how it makes any sense of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We have less playmakers here than in SD. Rivers would be miserable.

There is no quick fix. We are in for a rebuild. Hopefully they hit some HRs in the draft like '06 and '07 to speed the process up.
    You underrate the Jets skill players when fully healthy. No one remembers how big of a weapon Keller was when he had a proven Vet Favre throwing to him. Holmes can get back into Pittsburgh form. Kerley will be a stud slot receiver, look at how well he has played this year with garbage at qb. If Hill can improve only half as much as D Thomas from Denver did that is an above average group of receivers that is easily on par with what Rivers has this season. If they can hit a home run on a RB to throw in the mix than even better. And Our O-line is much better than SD's which can be even more important than who the receivers are.

I would do it...

Rivers is a legit Franchise QB going through a bad year.

I can't imagine SD would make that trade though.

Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    You underrate the Jets skill players when fully healthy. No one remembers how big of a weapon Keller was when he had a proven Vet Favre throwing to him. Holmes can get back into Pittsburgh form. Kerley will be a stud slot receiver, look at how well he has played this year with garbage at qb. If Hill can improve only half as much as D Thomas from Denver did that is an above average group of receivers that is easily on par with what Rivers has this season. If they can hit a home run on a RB to throw in the mix than even better. And Our O-line is much better than SD's which can be even more important than who the receivers are.
    This is because he never was one, even with Brett.

I would make that trade in a heart beat. Rex with a proven vet at QB would be amazing to watch. No more inexperienced pieces of **** please.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    No. Trading draft picks is a bad idea.

Rivers is a loser anyway.
    +1 I don't want the dunce. His best days are behind him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Please God NO

Watched most of his effort Sunday late on the Red Zone...

Could have easily been Phillip Sanchez but with a sidearm shot put hurling delivery and a slower release

What's next??? Bring in Matt Cassel threads?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    What does trading Rivers do for the Chargers? It's not like they're in place to draft a great prospect coming out next year. Let Whitehurst take over?

The Chargers are in for a full rebuild. With our 1st rounder and their own they can have their choice of a new QB to reboot with

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

Exactly. As much as he's struggled, I can't see them giving up on him and starting anew. They'll want to see how he does with the stench of Norv gone from the team. If he struggled again next year under a new head coach, then maybe they look to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This is because he never was one, even with Brett.
    This is just flat out wrong

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    +1 I don't want the dunce. His best days are behind him.
    Voices of reason at JI...Hallelujah

You are correct about Keller and Kerley. However we don't have enough receiving threats to open things up for them...Holmes can be single covered so can Hill at this point. You need a playmaker that commands double coverage ALA Braylon Edwards that will open things up for EVERYONE....right now Keller is being double covered because we have noone that can take pressure off if him..

Considering it's not possible due to this thing called the salary cap.

By the way, Dustin Keller won't and should not be back next year.

Sanchez is essentially untradeable. Meaning you are looking between him and Rivers at, what, 20-30% of the cap tied up in Corner and QB?

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Please God NO

Watched most of his effort Sunday late on the Red Zone...

Could have easily been Phillip Sanchez but with a sidearm shot put hurling delivery and a slower release

What's next??? Bring in Matt Cassel threads?

Rivers is light years beyond Cassel. Behind the Jets line he can return to pro-bowl form.

This is just flat out wrong
    Catches/Yards/TDs

2008: 48/535/3
    2009: 45/522/2
    2010: 55/687/5
    2011: 65/815/5
    2012: 28/317/2

How is this a weapon? Outside of last season, his best ever, he had less than 1000 yards and only 5 TDs. Not a weapon. Keep in mind he was also targeted 116 times.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Voices of reason at JI...Hallelujah

sg3, I still think we could be friends. Although we are not warring, per se, I extend to you the olive branch of peace and friendship.