Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Contract Dump - Sanchize 4?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can not trade contracts. If SEA wants to dump Flynn they would still be on the hook for all guaranteed money, just as we would be for Sanchez. So unless we throw in a ton of incentive along with Sanchez there is just no reason for SEA to make the trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    You can not trade contracts. If SEA wants to dump Flynn they would still be on the hook for all guaranteed money, just as we would be for Sanchez. So unless we throw in a ton of incentive along with Sanchez there is just no reason for SEA to make the trade.
    Jets will take a cap hit no doubt but Sanchez & his agent can make it more palatable to get him out of NY under the CBA rules.
    I'm sure the contract can be reworked in some way that even though guaranteed money will be paid the blow can be lessened.
    Sanchez has proven to be the worst QB in the league right now, he needs a new start in a new town.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not suggesting you trade actual contracts.
    1) Sanchize is guaranteed $X million next year;
    2) Team X has player "Jones" who is owed $Y million next year.

X send us Jones and Jets send Sanchize to X (with draft picks and other compensation to "even" out the trade possible).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

X send us Jones and Jets send Sanchize to X (with draft picks and other compensation to "even" out the trade possible).
    That's a baseball/basketball move. Those deals aren't done in football. People either get restructured in trades or they get released.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I can't believe that you believe Mark can resurrect his career in NY. Jets defense can't protect his horrible 3 & outs and massive amounts of TOs anymore.
    2009/2010 defense masked the problems with this kid.
    Alex Smith is a better player & Harbaugh has him on the bench.
    I'm done with Mark, brass needs to sit him on the bench & hope that he wants to be out bad enough to get his agent to redo his contract so he can move on.
    Dreams can be made in NY but also nightmares & the only thing missing in this drama is the sound of Rod Serlings voice & the Twilight Zone music if this teams trots him out as their starter in 2013.
    I think the only NY QB to do that after being benched was Phil Simms..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am probably in the minority, but I think he REALLY wants out of NY. He'll restructure if anybody actually wants him. If there's no interest in Mark, he just collects his big payday. If he's smart, he goes the David Carr/Matt Leinart route and backs up a franchise guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

OK, so you want to give draft picks for someone else's problem just for the sake of getting rid of Sanchez? Has this team not given up enough draft picks over the past 8 years?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    This isn't baseball...

And because of that, it's the reason you don't see many player for player trades.
    Didn't we just do one at Right Tackle?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    This isn't baseball...

And because of that, it's the reason you don't see many player for player trades.
    true but it is possible...see wayne hunter trade....2 expensive overpaid lousy players swapped

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    true but it is possible...see wayne hunter trade....2 expensive overpaid lousy players swapped
    But St Louis ate the cap hit from his SB. Just like the jets would. Sanchez is going to count 4.25 mill on the cap for 2013 and 2014 even if he is dead. That is money that he got in SB that for accounting purposes is deferred until the last years of his contract. He is guaranteed 8.5 more mill next year if he is breathing.

Sanchez can be traded, the 8.5 of SB money will hit the cap in 2013, the new team will take Sanchez salary. But why will they? it is just as beneficial to cut their player unless his money is guaranteed also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think the only NY QB to do that after being benched was Phil Simms..
    Simms was more accurate, he was just turning the ball over too much.
    Parcells would have pulled the plug on Sanchez a looooong time ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Simms was more accurate, he was just turning the ball over too much.
    Parcells would have pulled the plug on Sanchez a looooong time ago.
    Simms didn't have a 60% completion rate till his 13th year in the league and that was when he played in just 4 games.. His career rate was 55% and QB rating 78.5 %.. Parcells would not have started Sanchez as a rookie but I agree would have pulled him really quick..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so you want to give draft picks for someone else's problem just for the sake of getting rid of Sanchez? Has this team not given up enough draft picks over the past 8 years?
    No.

It depends upon who/what you get back.