Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REX: "It was a beautiful win"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

REX: "It was a beautiful win"

Rex was on the Michael Kay show:

He said "It was a great win. I know I think I'm the only one but I think it was a beautiful win, Everyone else says it was ugly, no it was a beautiful win"

This is our head coach folks. Stuck in the past, still thinking defense wins championships. What game he did saw??? That game was one of the most atrocious game I ever saw. Then rex goes to praise the defense so much like we just faced the 2000 Rams. He even spend 5 minutes talking about how great our punter was lol. Just Unreal

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    Rex was on the Michael Kay show:

He said "It was a great win. I know I think I'm the only one but I think it was a beautiful win, Everyone else says it was ugly, no it was a beautiful win"

This is our head coach folks. Stuck in the past, still thinking defense wins championships. What game he did saw??? That game was one of the most atrocious game I ever saw. Then rex goes to praise the defense so much like we just faced the 2000 Rams. He even spend 5 minutes talking about how great our punter was lol. Just Unreal
    Why are you surprised that a defensive coach believes a defensive 7-6 game is beautiful? They love this.

Of course in this particular case it had more to do with the other team's completely inept offense rather than the Jets D, but still....I'm not surprised Rex loves this type of low scoring defensive game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cards and Lindley put up over 400 yards last week to the Rams...the same Rams team that beat San Fran yesterday

Should the head coach not take a positive out of games now?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    The Cards and Lindley put up over 400 yards last week to the Rams...the same Rams team that beat San Fran yesterday

What positives?

Like Colin Cowher said today, that was the most embarassing game of football played in the NFL this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What positives?

Like Colin Cowher said today, that was the most embarassing game of football played in the NFL this year.
    That was the worst game I've ever seen in my life. And I'm talking worse than the 3-0 win in Washington in 1993.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What positives?

Since you're too F-ing stooooopid to know what positives to take from a win, I won't bother. Another typical dumbass trolling post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Why are you surprised that a defensive coach believes a defensive 7-6 game is beautiful? They love this.

Of course in this particular case it had more to do with the other team's completely inept offense rather than the Jets D, but still....I'm not surprised Rex loves this type of low scoring defensive game.
    I am not surprised with Rex anymore but he is supposed to be a head coach. That was the worst 7-6 game you would ever see. This game was far from a "beautiful win". It was more like "who's QBs sucks less" more than who has the "more elite defense". So for him to call it that says a lot about how Rex thinks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It WAS beautiful

Sanchez sent to the bench while new blood comes in behind center.

It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not surprised with Rex anymore but he is supposed to be a head coach. That was the worst 7-6 game you would ever see. This game was far from a "beautiful win". It was more like "who's QBs sucks less" more than who has the "more elite defense". So for him to call it that says a lot about how Rex thinks.
    This. Let's not pretend this was LSU vs. Alabama. Just two inept offenses trying to suck less than the other.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Any Given Sunday.
    I don't put to much stock to that. Rams defense stink. 49ers had an off day with a rookie QB, plus their offense isn't that great to begin with. Anything can happen any weekend.

The bottom line, cardinals are not an offense juggernaut to be scared of. Our defense did what we were supposed to do vs a rookie QB. Rex comes out and pumps his chest like we beat a great offense, instead of focusing in the offense, which is the real reason why we are sitting at 5-7 right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It WAS beautiful

Not often we agree on things

But

GREAT POST

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Any Given Sunday.
    I don't put to much stock to that. Rams defense stink. 49ers had an off day with a rookie QB, plus their offense isn't that great to begin with. Anything can happen any weekend.

The bottom line, cardinals are not an offense juggernaut to be scared of. Our defense did what we were supposed to do vs a rookie QB. Rex comes out and pumps his chest like we beat a great offense, instead of focusing in the offense, which is the real reason why we are sitting at 5-7 right now.
    Obviously, you're a glass half empty guy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Given Sunday.

Rex's act has gotten old. He's been around football long enough to realize yesterday was a poorly played football game from both sides. We came out on top, but there was nothing beautiful about it.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It WAS beautiful

I actually did a little dance around my living room.

But it was a manly dance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What positives?

We know we suck, *******. We don't need you to remind us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rex's act has gotten old. He's been around football long enough to realize yesterday was a poorly played football game from both sides. We came out on top, but there was nothing beautiful about it.
    Offensively yes. Not defensively. And Rex is a defensive guy. I'm not sure why this is wrong or illogical.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Offensively yes. Not defensively. And Rex is a defensive guy. I'm not sure why this is wrong or illogical.
    Well, it's not illogical if you're a defensive coordinator. It's bad logic if you're a head coach trying to win a lot of games in today's NFL. Which is his job that he's performing poorly in right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex just used his last scapegoat. That win stunted our rebuilding process. We now have a lower draft pick. Rex is delusional. He needs to go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What positives?

Testicular cancer would be too good for you....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    We know we suck, *******. We don't need you to remind us.
    If you read most of what's posted on the board you'd probably think otherwise.