Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the Real Sports story on football concussions?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Anyone see the Real Sports story on football concussions?

Wow...pretty scary.

No one loves football more than me but watching that scared the sh*t out of me.

With 2 kids playing (1 in HS and one in pee-wee) it's making me think.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Wow...pretty scary.

No one loves football more than me but watching that scared the sh*t out of me.

With 2 kids playing (1 in HS and one in pee-wee) it's making me think.
    My sons a sophomore and plays in HS, only because he decided to do it this year on a whim. Before that, He never asked and I never volunteered to put him in PeeWee for just the reasons enumerated in that special. I saw two kids carted off in ambulances this season alone.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fact: more concussions occur in soccer than any other sport.

Hope this makes you feel better.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you watch these stories they make you believe that if you play football you will have head injuries and long term health problems. What a bunch of garbage. I want someone to so a study on how many people have played the game (since the 20's) and how many people have "long term problems" because of it. Complete garbage.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    If you watch these stories they make you believe that if you play football you will have head injuries and long term health problems. What a bunch of garbage. I want someone to so a study on how many people have played the game (since the 20's) and how many people have "long term problems" because of it. Complete garbage.
    Watch this particular story and then tell me it's garbage. The scientific evidence is indisputable.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this particular story and then tell me it's garbage. The scientific evidence is indisputable.
    Yeah I saw it. Funny how they never show the kid at the end of the story. You would think by the way they end the story he is either dead or completely mentally handicapped. Just curious tho. What percentage of players suffer long term injuries from playing in the NFL? Probably like .0005%. That's why it's stupid and overblown.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Yeah I saw it. Funny how they never show the kid at the end of the story. You would think by the way they end the story he is either dead or completely mentally handicapped. Just curious tho. What percentage of players suffer long term injuries from playing in the NFL? Probably like .0005%. That's why it's stupid and overblown.
    They did show him. He's suing the NCAA. Did you even really see it? Come on now.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone who plays football is subject to head injuries is just like Bob Costas saying that everyone with a gun is a threat to society. Complete crap

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    They did show him. He's suing the NCAA. Did you even really see it? Come on now.
    Suing the NCAA for a sport that he willingly signed up to play. That's like a drunk driver suing Budweiser after he gets in the accident.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Everyone who plays football is subject to head injuries is just like Bob Costas saying that everyone with a gun is a threat to society. Complete crap
    So what you're saying is that there are some who play football who can't get head injuries? Really?

You're not very smart, are you.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that all of you that have kids (myself included) make your decisions within your family and not based on what these "reports" say.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I hope that all of you that have kids (myself included) make your decisions within your family and not based on what these "reports" say.
    Ok, genius. Why don't you now tell us the world is flat and evolution is hogwash.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what you're saying is that there are some who play football who can't get head injuries? Really?

You're not very smart, are you.
    Not saying it isn't possible. Obviously it's possible. I'm just saying that this problem is not as "rampant" as everyone says. This has not been an issue until a few years ago.

Thank you for attacking my intelligence tho. Appreciate it. Just because we have different opinions doesn't make me an idiot.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, genius. Why don't you now tell us the world is flat and evolution is hogwash.
    I feel bad for your kids if you are making their decisions based on "Real Sports". Great parenting. Of you wanna get into attacks go ahead

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Not saying it isn't possible. Obviously it's possible. I'm just saying that this problem is not as "rampant" as everyone says. This has not been an issue until a few years ago.

Thank you for attacking my intelligence tho. Appreciate it. Just because we have different opinions doesn't make me an idiot.
    People who are smart make decisions based on facts, not on baseless opinions.

Just sayin'.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not gonna argue with you all night Sooth. Agree to disagree buddy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you need a study if you already know the answer?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You won't hear about back pain, incredible pain walking, getting out of bed in the morning. Sure, not everybody gets a concussion or ends up in a wheelchair but the NFL is gonna brand many of these guys for life...

There's a reason why many say "I wanna be able to walk off the field when I retire..."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    And what do we base our decisions on, these reports.... Or your anonymous conjecture?

-

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    You won't hear about back pain, incredible pain walking, getting out of bed in the morning. Sure, not everybody gets a concussion or ends up in a wheelchair but the NFL is gonna brand many of these guys for life...

There's a reason why many say "I wanna be able to walk off the field when I retire..."
    Jesus Christ. You guys make it sound like people are forced to play football. Last time I checked people aren't "required" to go make millions and play a game. This isn't the holocaust folks. We can choose not to play the game