Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone see the Real Sports story on football concussions?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    I'm not gonna argue with you all night Sooth. Agree to disagree buddy.
    Give me some facts to base your idiotic ramblings on and then maybe I will.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    And what do we base our decisions on, these reports.... Or your anonymous conjecture?

-
    Dude. Obviously all of your life decisions should be based off of Jets Insider. You know this

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Wow...pretty scary.

No one loves football more than me but watching that scared the sh*t out of me.

With 2 kids playing (1 in HS and one in pee-wee) it's making me think.
    Real Sports has been ahead of the curve on this issue. I have not seen the latest report, but Bernie Goldberg should have won an Emmy for the story he did 2+ years ago that linked head trauma and ALS. I'm convinced it was the reason why the rules started changing so rapidly.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500290_162-6780395.html
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 12-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Give me some facts to base your idiotic ramblings on and then maybe I will.
    You really want to tell me that a MAJORITY of football players across the country suffer form long term health issues because of football?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Jesus Christ. You guys make it sound like people are forced to play football. Last time I checked people aren't "required" to go make millions and play a game. This isn't the holocaust folks. We can choose not to play the game
    This is true. However, studies like the one I mentioned and scientific facts that transpire affect people's decision to play. Obviously you're smarter than believing in that silly science stuff. lol

This is true. However, studies like the one I mentioned and scientific facts that transpire affect people's decision to play. Obviously you're smarter than believing in that silly science stuff. lol
    No doubt about it that the numbers have dwindled in recent years Absolute fact

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    You really want to tell me that a MAJORITY of football players across the country suffer form long term health issues because of football?
    Who said this? I certainly didn't. However, more information on concussions and other issues related to the sport make intelligent responsible parents think.

BTW: I played football from grade 2 to 12. My two sons have been playing tackle football and Lacrosse since kindergarten.

although it can happen at any age and a friend of mine broke his neck making a tackle (head down) and ended up in a halo with a full body cast.

I've had several.... anyone ever get that warm rush overtaking your body from a big hit, temp blindness, and tingles? That's a concussion saying hello.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Jesus Christ. You guys make it sound like people are forced to play football. Last time I checked people aren't "required" to go make millions and play a game. This isn't the holocaust folks. We can choose not to play the game
    This is
    Clown babble.

-

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4710785]Who said this? I certainly didn't. However, more information on concussions and other issues related to the sport make intelligent responsible parents think.

BTW: I played football from grade 2 to 12. My two sons have been playing tackle football and Lacrosse since kindergarten.[/QUOTE

Nice last line

Let the kids play!!

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    This is
    Clown babble.

-
    ok

Hall Of Fame
    Watch this particular story and then tell me it's garbage. The scientific evidence is indisputable.
    Agreed. My son is 12, has played padded level ball since he was 8. With each year the kids get bigger, faster and stronger. The hits get more violent. We had two kids knocked unconscious this year, we also had a broken leg and a had a kid tear his MCL and ACL.

The parents MUST watch their kids and look at the type of contact he is involved in. A lot of times the kids are not fully aware they may be concussed. You can not rely on the coaches in a lot of instances because, quite honestly they are not paying attention to these things. We had a kid in our program at the 6th grade level who was knocked out during one game and actually played the next week. His father was the coach. I asked him after their game how his son was able to heal so fast, when most NFL players are out at LEAST one week if not more, he said it was a mild concussion and he was fine by Wednesday (game he was injured in was on Saturday). I was shocked.