Thread: Is it just me or is Bryan Thomas playing better as of late?

All Pro

Is it just me or is Bryan Thomas playing better as of late?

Now dont get me wrong, we still have major major problems at OLB and we have to address the position in the offseason but the old vet is doing his job lately...

Hall Of Fame
    Has always been good against the run. He will "look good" again on Sunday @ the Jags.

He was on a local JETS radio show tonight and I cant believe he is the longest tenured JET. Eleven years! The way his career started you'd never believe it. Wonder how he pans out with others from his draft (please no Ed Reed references). He has to be one of the few from the first round to still be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Now dont get me wrong, we still have major major problems at OLB and we have to address the position in the offseason but the old vet is doing his job lately...
    He's always been solid, just not spectacular. It's rare that he looks bad, but it's just as rare the he looks really good. Overall he hasn't been one of our major worries, he does his job, but is not a game changer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    He's always been solid, just not spectacular. It's rare that he looks bad, but it's just as rare the he looks really good. Overall he hasn't been one of our major worries, he does his job, but is not a game changer.
    He ran down Wells on an outside running play on Sunday. I thought..."Hey, Bryan Thomas actually looked fast on that play!"

I think he's having a good year, fully healthy, and has veteran smarts to go along with his good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    The problem with BT is that he was quickly compared to John Abraham and I think that hurt him early on.....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    NO THE ISSUE WITH BT IS WE TOOK HIM OVER ED REED...

Cover of either the post or daily saying... Green Hurricane with a picture of the Greatest Safety Ever with the Jets "poised to pick him"

First time they broke my draft day heart...

Also I feel personally the abrupt release mid-season either shuts some down, or picks them up, and BT picked his up not much but is playing well as of late...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    He ran down Wells on an outside running play on Sunday. I thought..."Hey, Bryan Thomas actually looked fast on that play!"

I think he's having a good year, fully healthy, and has veteran smarts to go along with his good health.
    Lol - I saw that and complemented Demario Davis on a good play - until I saw it was BT. He's definitely looking quicker than last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Lol - I saw that and complemented Demario Davis on a good play - until I saw it was BT. He's definitely looking quicker than last year.
    I thought it was Davis, too. Saw "58"...was shocked.