Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez: Where did the train jump off the tracks?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I agree with the sentiment that Sanchez was never all that good.

The organization has not done a good job of putting talent around him, but at the end of the day, Sanchez simply falls short in the mental department, which is the main issue holding him back.

From the rookie season color code system to the perpetual ball security issues, it's been proven time and time again that the NFL game is simply too fast and complicated for him. His entire career has been mired in inconsistency because he's inaccurate, he doesn't see the field well, and his general awareness is very poor.

Sanchez peaked too early, and he never came close to hitting his ceiling.
    Agree 100%. Low QB comprehension.
    SAR you are pitiful, give it up, he's a bum. He simply is being eaten alive in NY. The proof was on the field sunday when GMAC walked it down the to score (what , could have been 2x) so why is that again? Oh yeah, it was the running backs and the O-line, you know the ones you say are so bad, maybe it was the bad coaching that improved the play for GMAC? Or maybe it was because MS is a bad QB? He is done here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    Not so sure about this.

I felt that way last year, but this year, it looks more careless. The fumbles, in particular. He's in his 4th year as a pro QB, and he's absolutely lousy at securing the football when he's being hit. That's bad coaching and/or poor personal discipline.

Also, some of the interceptions have been unforced, and his pocket awareness has declined precipitously. He looks scared back there, seems to have lost his ability to step away from pressure.

Perhaps the Jets molded him into these traits, but they are still his traits.
    Which is it? Is he scared, or careless?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coaches can't teach accuracy!
    This & this alone is the #1 culprit with Sanchez

When you blow easy 3rd down throws & punt it changes the entire dynamic of the game.
    Coaches talk constantly about "moving the chains".
    3rd down conversions allow rhythm in the offense & let's the defense rest.

Way too many 3 & outs in Marks career.
    Stick a fork in him he's not a pro QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I judge Mark Sanchez 90% on his first 3 seasons, 10% on this season.
    I tried something similar on a sales pitch, didn't go over so well.

Hey, my services might suck today but I used to kick-a$s. Honest, you can go ask my old clients.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, the Ngata annihilation began the downward spiral.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think from day one, they wanted a high profile exciting pick and package to sell seats and disregarded the lack of experience etc. They accomplished their goal they win, we lose. I still have not given up entirely for me he has this year if he gets it, and next year to get it going.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Look at Sanchez's stats. It's scary EXACTLY how similar they are each year. He's never been good, and now he has worse skill position players, so he looks even worse. I think you'd be hard pressed to identify one area where he has clearly improved since his rookie year.
    THIS.

His decision-making seems to have deteriorated to the point of panic mode.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Which is it? Is he scared, or careless?
    Both, at different times. Depends on what's happening on the particular play. Careless about how he protects the football. Scared about the pass rush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa View Post
    Sure, we have spent too much on defense and not enough on offense, but another skill player or two would never make Sanchez a good quarterback. You put any of the top 12-15 QBs on this team and we are well on our way to the playoffs.

Who are the great players on the Packers offense? The Saints? The Colts? The Redskins? The Steelers? Was Wes Welker that good on Miami? Do you think Gronkowski puts up huge numbers with Sanchez?

At some point you need to recognize that some players aren't good enough. Mark Sanchez never had what it took to succeed. No more excuses for this fraud. He has no accuracy, is soft and isn't smart enough on the field.
    Great post. This is all that needs to be said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For me, the Ngata annihilation began the downward spiral.
    Yup. He has never looked the same since.

I felt bad for him that game. Hell, I was sore after watching that debacle..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Hustle View Post
    Yup. He has never looked the same since.

I felt bad for him that game. Hell, I was sore after watching that debacle..
    LOL. Right?

Watch Mark come off the field. Nice work by Slausen, BTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHyuk8reAGQ

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    First I want to say that McElroy should start because the team seems to respond to the MS benching (Im a Jets fans first). With that said IMO the organization ruined Sanchez.
    This is not the same Sanchez from years past. He cant seem to elude the rush as he did before, while pointing to spots for his WR’s to go to trying to make plays. It seems if there is no one open, or the rush is extreme (happens often) just lay down and try not to make a play to avoid turnovers. Blame coaching.
    Another thing, how do we go from being the number 1 red zone offense in scoring TD’s last year with MARK SANCHEZ!! (not sure if fact), to… I get nervous when we are near the end zone and hope Sanchez doesn’t fark it up. How??? Blame GM, play calling etc.
    When you watch the other teams play you can see the athleticism in their skill players ( Cruz, Nicks for example), guys who can take it to the house on any singly play. I have seen Kerley get caught from behind at least twice when I thought he was going to take it to the end zone, in which one drive resulted in a pic in the end zone later. Gate, Schillens (droped another nice pass to get us in the red zone in the last game), Kerley and Hill… I want to see McElroy lead us with these guys next year (sarc).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    First I want to say that McElroy should start because the team seems to respond to the MS benching (Im a Jets fans first). With that said IMO the organization ruined Sanchez.
    This is not the same Sanchez from years past. He cant seem to elude the rush as he did before, while pointing to spots for his WR’s to go to trying to make plays. It seems if there is no one open, or the rush is extreme (happens often) just lay down and try not to make a play to avoid turnovers. Blame coaching.
    Another thing, how do we go from being the number 1 red zone offense in scoring TD’s last year with MARK SANCHEZ!! (not sure if fact), to… I get nervous when we are near the end zone and hope Sanchez doesn’t fark it up. How??? Blame GM, play calling etc.
    When you watch the other teams play you can see the athleticism in their skill players ( Cruz, Nicks for example), guys who can take it to the house on any singly play. I have seen Kerley get caught from behind at least twice when I thought he was going to take it to the end zone, in which one drive resulted in a pic in the end zone later. Gate, Schillens (droped another nice pass to get us in the red zone in the last game), Kerley and Hill… I want to see McElroy lead us with these guys next year (sarc).
    Good post.
    I disagree though.....i think Kerley, Hill, are a very good start at the WR corps. Actually, I think Kerley is a VERY good player, underutilized.

Santonio Holmes is being paid to be that #1 threat, and hes just not. Not blaming him, but the contract he has locked up really prohibits the team from going out and signing a legitimate #1 target.

Holmes is taking the $$$ to be the #1 WR, and hes just not that guy. Nevr has been.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

More often than not, the defense blew leads late and Mark needed to rescue us from their failure.

SAR I
    I agree with this. There is no reason why a team built on defense can't hold a lead or help the team win ugly. The 2010 championship game is a perfect example. It should have been a low scoring game with lots of 3 and out for both teams against two extremely tough defenses, instead we get blown out in the first half because our offense gets stopped and theirs runs all over us. In addition the defense couldn't get off the field to give the offense one more chance at the end of the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Look at Sanchez's stats. It's scary EXACTLY how similar they are each year. He's never been good, and now he has worse skill position players, so he looks even worse. I think you'd be hard pressed to identify one area where he has clearly improved since his rookie year.
    end thread

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum indulged Rex's defense with all the support in the world and he ignored Sanchez.

SAR I
    2009, Jets have Cotch, and Chansi Stuckey as the starting WR's. Tanny makes deal dor Braylon Edwards

2010 Tanny trades 5th round draft pick for Santonio Holmes~~Brings in HOF RB Ladanian Tomlinson to sure up backfield

Not too sure Sanchez was ignored

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think people always to try complicate things...

He's just not a very good QB. We made the championship games despite him, much like Frisco did last year.

It sucks, but when it comes to the draft it happens. You move on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Coaches can't teach accuracy!
    This & this alone is the #1 culprit with Sanchez

When you blow easy 3rd down throws & punt it changes the entire dynamic of the game.
    Coaches talk constantly about "moving the chains".
    3rd down conversions allow rhythm in the offense & let's the defense rest.

Way too many 3 & outs in Marks career.
    Stick a fork in him he's not a pro QB.
    he never was, and never will be, an accurate qb. and he doesn't protect the ball. the jets didn't see these issues at usc b/c 1) he rarely had to fit the ball into tight windows and 2) he wasn't get hit so much so the fumblitis wasn't evident.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    I agree with this. There is no reason why a team built on defense can't hold a lead or help the team win ugly. The 2010 championship game is a perfect example. It should have been a low scoring game with lots of 3 and out for both teams against two extremely tough defenses, instead we get blown out in the first half because our offense gets stopped and theirs runs all over us. In addition the defense couldn't get off the field to give the offense one more chance at the end of the game.
    I am so tired of this "we are built on having a good defense and dont have one". Are there teams out there that said "lets forget the defense"? No there arent.

Here is a list of the Giants picks since they got Eli

2004 Eli Manning
    2005 Corey Webster (2nd Round) CB LSU
    2006 Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
    2007 Aaron Ross CB Texas
    2008 Kenny Phillips S Miami
    2009 Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
    2010 Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
    2011 Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
    2012 David Wilson

If you notice, in the 8 years since they drafted their Qb they took 2 offensive players in the first round. If you also notice, there are some "busts" in there like aaron ross, yet somehow they managed to win 2 super bowls.

Great QBs make average teams great. QBs like mark sanchez make average teams terrible

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking FIRE REX RYAN... HE RUINED SANCHEZ

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    -Got rid of Cotchery and didn't re-sign Braylon.
    -Tried to replace with aging Mason and Plax.
    Fail.
    + The terrible personnel decisions by Rex and Tanny all contributed to the demise of the team. When Sanchez was throwing to Braylon, Santonio, Cotchery and Keller he looked ok. The OL deteriorated under Rex's tenure also.

= REX is a bad coach who inherited good personnel from the Mangini era and proceeded to run the team and Sanchez into the turf. IMO the owner should
    fire Rex and relegate Tanny to cap/ legal issues and get top Personnel people to run this thing.