View Poll Results: Who do you think Rex will start? (Not who you want)

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanchez

    44 43.14%
  • Mc Elroy

    56 54.90%
  • Tebow

    2 1.96%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: WHO DO YOU THINK REX WILL START?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ....or they are taking advantage of this artificial "uncertainty" to light that fire under Mark's ass that everyone's been asking for.

    SAR I
    After 4 years in the league, you shouldn't need to have a fire lit under your ass just to get you to stop turning the ball over.

  2. #22
    The team has very little invested in McElroy and Rex is still thinking playoffs (foolishly). Unfortunately Sanchez will be named the starter, although his leash will be a lot shorter. I just know Rex too well and he simply doesn't have the balls to name McElroy the starter going forward. Not yet at least

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    After 4 years in the league, you shouldn't need to have a fire lit under your ass just to get you to stop turning the ball over.
    THIS.

    Maybe SAR thinks he's still a rookie QB after 4 years because he still plays like one.

    Actually, if you look at this year's rookie QB class, my last comment was a huge insult to them.

    PLEASE... McElroy from here on out.

  4. #24
    McElroy and several reasons (in no particular order) why I think the Jets will choose him:

    1. Remember we have an owner who wants headlines and a full stadium. A new QB who could possibly win a couple attracts fans to the Chargers game. Also gives fans hope for next season and new jersey sales.

    2. Rex is coaching for his job. If he keeps Sanchez in and he keeps up with his normal 3 INTs a game Rex could be shown the door. If McElroy wins a few it helps Rex keep his job. It also makes Tannebaum look good since he was the GM who drafted McElroy

    3. The team stepped up for McElroy. I know our WRs aren't the best but Stephen Hill actually caught the ball, Kerley made a couple nice grabs.

    4. I've come to realize a "sexy" first round pick will never survive here. Sanchez was doing commercials and promos before he won a Super Bowl. Brady is the same pretty boy type but he was a late round pick and won a Super Bowl before all that happened. I think the organization is realizing this as well.

    5. Rex would have said Sanchez was his guy by now he says it after every game. This may just be to confuse Jacksonville's coordinator.

  5. #25
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    THIS.

    Maybe SAR thinks he's still a rookie QB after 4 years because he still plays like one.

    Actually, if you look at this year's rookie QB class, my last comment was a huge insult to them.

    PLEASE... McElroy from here on out.


    You can talk about the quarterback all day, but it's not the reason why we're 5-7.

    There isn't another team in the entire league that pretends to be 'elite' that loses by surrendering an average of 31 points a game and has a lead rusher averaging a paltry 50 yards a game. McElroy or Tebow wouldn't have made up the 19 points we lost those games by on average.

    Reminder: We're built to win on a stout defense and a punishing running game. We got neither. Our quarterback is not very good, but he's not the reason we suck.

    SAR I

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    You can talk about the quarterback all day, but it's not the reason why we're 5-7.

    There isn't another team in the entire league that pretends to be 'elite' that loses by surrendering an average of 31 points a game and has a lead rusher averaging a paltry 50 yards a game. McElroy or Tebow wouldn't have made up the 19 points we lost those games by on average.

    Reminder: We're built to win on a stout defense and a punishing running game. We got neither. Our quarterback is not very good, but he's not the reason we suck.

    SAR I
    No, but he's a significant part of it. This ***** turns the ball over like crazy and you think he's not a detriment to us? lol, ok.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    You can talk about the quarterback all day, but it's not the reason why we're 5-7.

    There isn't another team in the entire league that pretends to be 'elite' that loses by surrendering an average of 31 points a game and has a lead rusher averaging a paltry 50 yards a game. McElroy or Tebow wouldn't have made up the 19 points we lost those games by on average.

    Reminder: We're built to win on a stout defense and a punishing running game. We got neither. Our quarterback is not very good, but he's not the reason we suck.

    SAR I
    My dad and I had a big discussion about this today.

    Sanchez didn't learn anything his first two years. He came to a team that was playoff ready and basically handed off a lot. That's fine and all. Problem is last year and this year we aren't built like we were those two years. We needed a QB to step up a bit and Sanchez couldn't do that. He's not the only problem on the team but he was never a franchise QB.

    The problem was in 2008 we got Brett Favre to help sell PSLs. Mangini was building a great team but instead we had a veteran QB thrown in the mix who played hurt the last 5-6 games and it hurt us and cost Mangini his job.

    Rex came in with a pretty good team, got a rookie QB who was the "pretty boy" that girls would love and they thought could help us. Problem was he didn't learn and now we have a huge mess.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You can talk about the quarterback all day, but it's not the reason why we're 5-7.
    How many points for the opposition were a direct or indirect result of Suckhez's demoralizing & constant turnovers.

    How many multi-turnover games does your man-crush have?

    Who leads the league in Pick 6's?

    Which QB has more INT than turnovers?

    Which QB is ranked 32nd in the league?

    Which QB is consistently in the bottom 3rd of the league EVERY year?
    Last edited by JetBidi; 12-04-2012 at 01:24 AM.

  9. #29
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, but he's a significant part of it. This ***** turns the ball over like crazy and you think he's not a detriment to us? lol, ok.
    Of course I think he's a detriment, but he's just not the biggest one of all. I never see a single thread on Shonn Greene, the OL, the D, or the Special Teams who ALL suck worse than Mark Sanchez. But all we do is talk about Mark as if getting rid of him solves all woes. It doesn't.

    The 2 games that cost us this season were not on Mark Sanchez at all:

    Patriots: Lost 29-26 in OT, Sanchez leads miracle drive to get a lead, defense can't hold it for 90 seconds. Special teams gives up a TD, bad Sparano playcalling, Hill drops game winner, Sanchez has to throw 41 times, 28/41, 328 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT.

    Dolphins: Lost 30-9 at home, special teams, defense fall to pieces. Miami's backup QB goes to town on our defense. Can't run the ball, Sanchez has to throw 54 times, 28/54, 283 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT.

    Despite how badly we've played as a team all year, these are ultimately the games that were winnable and were blown. Mark did nothing to cause the Patriots or Dolphins loss. Had our defense and special teams stopped New England and showed up for Miami, we'd be 7-5 right now, realistically looking at a 10-6 or 11-5 season.

    Blame the right people, folks. This team was built to win on defense and the running game. Their failures cost us this season, not Mark Sanchez.

    SAR I

  10. #30
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    How many points for the opposition were a direct or indirect result of Suckhez's demoralizing & constant turnovers.

    How many multi-turnover games does your man-crush have?

    Who leads the league in Pick 6's?

    Which QB has more INT than turnovers?

    Which QB is ranked 32nd in the league?

    Which QB is consistently in the bottom 3rd of the league EVERY year?
    Which QB has the worst set of offensive weapons in the NFL?

    Which QB has the least offensive-minded head coach in the NFL?

    Which QB has the most overrated offensive line in the NFL?

    Which QB has the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL?

    Which QB is the only one with no dump-off outlet RB in the NFL?

    Which QB has the most distracting back up QB in the NFL?

    SAR I

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Of course I think he's a detriment, but he's just not the biggest one of all. I never see a single thread on Shonn Greene, the OL, the D, or the Special Teams who ALL suck worse than Mark Sanchez. But all we do is talk about Mark as if getting rid of him solves all woes. It doesn't.

    The 2 games that cost us this season were not on Mark Sanchez at all:

    Patriots: Lost 29-26 in OT, Sanchez leads miracle drive to get a lead, defense can't hold it for 90 seconds. Special teams gives up a TD, bad Sparano playcalling, Hill drops game winner, Sanchez has to throw 41 times, 28/41, 328 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT.

    Dolphins: Lost 30-9 at home, special teams, defense fall to pieces. Miami's backup QB goes to town on our defense. Can't run the ball, Sanchez has to throw 54 times, 28/54, 283 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT.

    Despite how badly we've played as a team all year, these are ultimately the games that were winnable and were blown. Mark did nothing to cause the Patriots or Dolphins loss. Had our defense and special teams stopped New England and showed up for Miami, we'd be 7-5 right now, realistically looking at a 10-6 or 11-5 season.

    Blame the right people, folks. This team was built to win on defense and the running game. Their failures cost us this season, not Mark Sanchez.

    SAR I
    Sanchez fumbling the ball in OT to lose in NE cost us this season. Sanchez throwing a red zone INT and missing a wide open Hill in SEA cost us this season. Sanchez not knowing when to just get rid of the ball and holding onto for an hour and taking a sack has cost us this season. Sanchez being oblivious to the pocket collapsing and taking sacks has cost us this season. Sanchez under-throwing a wide open Hill in the endzone which resulted in a pick has cost us this season. Sanchez crumbling when his first read isn't open has cost us this season.

    Sanchez IS one of the right people, SAR. Wake the **** up.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-04-2012 at 01:39 AM.

  12. #32
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    My dad and I had a big discussion about this today.

    Sanchez didn't learn anything his first two years. He came to a team that was playoff ready and basically handed off a lot. That's fine and all. Problem is last year and this year we aren't built like we were those two years. We needed a QB to step up a bit and Sanchez couldn't do that. He's not the only problem on the team but he was never a franchise QB.

    The problem was in 2008 we got Brett Favre to help sell PSLs. Mangini was building a great team but instead we had a veteran QB thrown in the mix who played hurt the last 5-6 games and it hurt us and cost Mangini his job.

    Rex came in with a pretty good team, got a rookie QB who was the "pretty boy" that girls would love and they thought could help us. Problem was he didn't learn and now we have a huge mess.
    Good post.

    The team Rex Ryan inherited from Eric Mangini is better than the team he has today. Very little of that has to do with Mark Sanchez. A ton of it has to do with terrible personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, taking questionable guys who Rex felt he could "change", and ignoring the offense completely.

    This is what happens when you let a defensive coordinator run amok. They don't call them "head" coaches for nothing.

    SAR I

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Blame the right people, folks. This team was built to win on defense and the running game. Their failures cost us this season, not Mark Sanchez.
    We had an outstanding Defense in 09 and 10, a great running game & multiple receiving threats... guess who **** the bed back then too... Suckchez

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I want McElroy to start, but I have a sneaking suspicion Rex will go back to Sanchez.
    If he does, then I hope he gets fired!! I want to see what we have in McElroy. If he sucks then we know we will have a miserable team for next year and will probably have the top pick in '14.

  15. #35
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sanchez fumbling the ball in OT to lose in NE cost us this season. Sanchez throwing a red zone INT and missing a wide open Hill in SEA cost us this season. Sanchez not knowing when to just get rid of the ball and holding onto for an hour and taking a sack has cost us this season. Sanchez being oblivious to the pocket collapsing and taking sacks has cost us this season.

    Sanchez IS one of the right people, SAR. Wake the **** up.
    Sanchez is the one who got us the lead in New England with 90 seconds to play. The fumble in OT was on the offensive line. We shoudn't have been in OT to begin with.

    Seattle is an impossible place to play in and even if Sanchez had a perfect game, 20 for 20, 200 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, AFC Player Of The Week, we still lose by 14 points. The secondary and Shonn Greene didn't show up that day.

    Miami game was a joke, we were down 17-0 in the first quarter because the D let a backup QB have a field day, special teams gave up a TD, and Shonn Greene didn't show up again.

    Oh, and let's rewind the time-machine....

    Last year, Mark Sanchez had a lead with 2:00 to go in Denver, the defense let Tim Tebow go 99 yards to beat us.

    Win that game, we're 9-7, in the playoffs.

    When you get under the hood, it's Rex Ryan's defense that's the biggest disappointment, not the quarterback. Mark sucks now because he's been neglected. Give him some support, see what happens.

    SAR I

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sanchez is the one who got us the lead in New England with 90 seconds to play. The fumble in OT was on the offensive line. We shoudn't have been in OT to begin with.

    Seattle is an impossible place to play in and even if Sanchez had a perfect game, 20 for 20, 200 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, AFC Player Of The Week, we still lose by 14 points. The secondary and Shonn Greene didn't show up that day.

    Miami game was a joke, we were down 17-0 in the first quarter because the D let a backup QB have a field day, special teams gave up a TD, and Shonn Greene didn't show up again.

    Oh, and let's rewind the time-machine....

    Last year, Mark Sanchez had a lead with 2:00 to go in Denver, the defense let Tim Tebow go 99 yards to beat us.

    Win that game, we're 9-7, in the playoffs.

    When you get under the hood, it's Rex Ryan's defense that's the biggest disappointment, not the quarterback. Mark sucks now because he's been neglected. Give him some support, see what happens.

    SAR I


    Same play that Mark threw an INT, iirc. Yea, that's REALLY something to build around...

  17. #37
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    We had an outstanding Defense in 09 and 10, a great running game & multiple receiving threats... guess who **** the bed back then too... Suckchez
    In 2009, Mark Sanchez was a f-cking rookie. After shaking off the first 6 game jitters, he went on a 7-2 tear to get us to the AFC Championship Game.

    In 2010, Mark Sanchez opened the season 9-2 before the defense got their asses kicked in New England 45-3. Huge win at Pittsburgh to get us into the playoffs, ended the year on a 4-2 run including beating Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in the f-cking playoffs.

    In one calendar year from the middle of his rookie season to the midpoint of the next, Mark Sanchez went 16-4 including 4 miracle comeback wins, 2 playoff wins, and 2 more subsequent playoff wins with a good supporting cast and a quality set of playmakers. Thomas Jones, Ladanian Tomlinson, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Leon Washington, Damien Woody. Tell me, do we have a single player on offense as good as any one of those guys right now?

    If that's "sh-tting the bed", give me more. You can draw a line in time when Mark Sanchez started to fade. It aligns completely with the moment that his GM decided to jettison vets on the OL and bring old geezers in here who had no stamina. No receiving targets where there used to be some. No protection where there used to be some. Gee, what a shock that Mark Sanchez isn't successful this season.

    SAR I

  18. #38
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    Same play that Mark threw an INT, iirc. Yea, that's REALLY something to build around...
    If you want to play the "here's one play" game, I'll be happy to get some screencaps of the 3 plays for over 50 yards in that same game allowed by the defense.

    A single player is allowed to make a mistake in a game. An entire unit is not. If Mark finds Hill for 7, we still lose that game by 14.

    What I love about this discussion is that Mark Sanchez is going to be our quarterback next season. Enjoy that.

    SAR I

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you want to play the "here's one play" game, I'll be happy to get some screencaps of the 3 plays for over 50 yards in that same game allowed by the defense.

    A single player is allowed to make a mistake in a game. An entire unit is not. If Mark finds Hill for 7, we still lose that game by 14.

    What I love about this discussion is that Mark Sanchez is going to be our quarterback next season. Enjoy that.

    SAR I
    A single player has made these same mistakes since last year. He's been in the league FOUR ****ING YEARS and still does this bull**** consistently.

    But, it's ok. We all know the whole reason you're backing Sanchez is because if he's at bad as he shows us that he is then it would mean this isn't all Rex's fault like you preach. You're pathetic, mate.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Which QB has the worst set of offensive weapons in the NFL?

    Which QB has the least offensive-minded head coach in the NFL?

    Which QB has the most overrated offensive line in the NFL?

    Which QB has the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL?

    Which QB is the only one with no dump-off outlet RB in the NFL?

    Which QB has the most distracting back up QB in the NFL?

    SAR I
    Which QB is incapable of throwing a check down?

    Which QB cannot throw for 60% completions despite throwing mostly short passes?

    Which QB does not see the entire field and consistently misses wide open receivers?

    Which QB is tentative and slow in making reads and decisions?

    Which QB has regressed in fundamentals since being drafted?

    Which QB has no rhythm?

    Which QB should never see the field again ever?

    Answer: Sanchez. He is a TERRIBLE QB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us