View Poll Results: Who do you think Rex will start? (Not who you want)

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanchez

44 43.14%
  • Mc Elroy

56 54.90%
  • Tebow

2 1.96%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO DO YOU THINK REX WILL START?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

johnnysd Which QB is incapable of throwing a check down?

Which QB has no scat running back to check down to since Leon Washington and Ladanian Tomlinson left town?

johnnysd Which QB cannot throw for 60% completions despite throwing mostly short passes?

Which QB has the worst set of skill players in the NFL?

johnnysd Which QB does not see the entire field and consistently misses wide open receivers?

Which QB has an offensive line that's trying to get him killed?

johnnysd Which QB is tentative and slow in making reads and decisions?

Which QB has a set of receiving targets that he's only spent an average of 15 games working with?

johnnysd Which QB has regressed in fundamentals since being drafted?

Which QB has been more neglected by his general manager?

johnnysd Which QB has no rhythm?

Which QB has no running game and is being asked to throw 40-50 times a game as a result?

johnnysd Which QB should never see the field again ever?

Tim Tebow.

johnnysd Answer: Sanchez. He is a TERRIBLE QB.

Answer: Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum. They RUINED Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    johnnysd Which QB is incapable of throwing a check down?

Which QB has no scat running back to check down to since Leon Washington and Ladanian Tomlinson left town?

johnnysd Which QB cannot throw for 60% completions despite throwing mostly short passes?

Which QB has the worst set of skill players in the NFL?

johnnysd Which QB does not see the entire field and consistently misses wide open receivers?

Which QB has an offensive line that's trying to get him killed?

johnnysd Which QB is tentative and slow in making reads and decisions?

Which QB has a set of receiving targets that he's only spent an average of 15 games working with?

johnnysd Which QB has regressed in fundamentals since being drafted?

Which QB has been more neglected by his general manager?

johnnysd Which QB has no rhythm?

Which QB has no running game and is being asked to throw 40-50 times a game as a result?

johnnysd Which QB should never see the field again ever?

Tim Tebow.

johnnysd Answer: Sanchez. He is a TERRIBLE QB.

Answer: Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum. They RUINED Mark Sanchez.

SAR I
    That they did. That doesn't change the fact that he's a problem now, though.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A single player has made these same mistakes since last year. He's been in the league FOUR ****ING YEARS and still does this bull**** consistently.
    Half of Mark Sanchez career has been ruined by terrible receivers, linemen, and running backs. Surprise! He can't be successful. Shocker.

But, it's ok. We all know the whole reason you're backing Sanchez is because if he's at bad as he shows us that he is then it would mean this isn't all Rex's fault like you preach. You're pathetic, mate.
    The reason I back Sanchez is because I've been rooting for this team since 1978 and he's the first QB we've had that doesn't wilt under 4th quarter and playoff pressure. He's also the first QB we've had who has been neglected and unsupported this badly. Seen enough to know that most of this isn't his fault and hope that another head coach and GM will build around him properly.

The reason I preach how bad Rex Ryan is will be self evident in February when he's fired. You're ignorant, mate.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

That they did. That doesn't change the fact that he's a problem now, though.
    We both agree that Mark Sanchez sucks and should hit the bench.

Where we differ is that I believe Mark Sanchez has shown enough, when given some talent, to be successful. You believe that Mark Sanchez had nothing to do with our 16-4 run or our 4-2 playoff record and think that we have a stellar group of offensive playmakers that Mark is failing with.

Here's the good news:

"Now" doesn't matter because the season is over. Next year does matter and Mark Sanchez is going to be our starting quarterback. And because of his fat contract, the Jets can't spend on another QB so they'll use the money to beef up the WR's, the RB's, the TE, and the OL just like they SHOULD have done for this wasted year. And then we'll have our answer.

SAR I

We both agree that Mark Sanchez sucks and should hit the bench.

Where we differ is that I believe Mark Sanchez has shown enough, when given some talent, to be successful. You believe that Mark Sanchez had nothing to do with our 16-4 run or our 4-2 playoff record and think that we have a stellar group of offensive playmakers that Mark is failing with.

Here's the good news:

"Now" doesn't matter because the season is over. Next year does matter and Mark Sanchez is going to be our starting quarterback. And because of his fat contract, the Jets can't spend on another QB so they'll use the money to beef up the WR's, the RB's, the TE, and the OL just like they SHOULD have done for this wasted year. And then we'll have our answer.

SAR I

If Mark can get his **** together, then by all means let him our QB. But, if he does his usual BS, then I won't be surprised at all.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

If Mark can get his **** together, then by all means let him our QB. But, if he does his usual BS, then I won't be surprised at all.
    Same here. It's not chicken-and-egg. It's cause-and-effect.

Think back to Opening Day 2011. We'd just stomped the Patriots in the playoffs. We've added some nice free agents. We're one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Tony Romo just gift-wrapped a home win on national television. We're 5-3 and we're home for New England for the big showdown.

Mark Sanchez wasn't something to worry about back then. He'd shown flashes of greatness, he'd held his own against the likes of Rivers, Manning, and Brady in the playoffs, he'd led us on an improbable series of comeback victories. The only thing that we needed was for him to have more experience and grow into his role as a leader.

Wayne Hunter imploded. Ladanian Tomlinson got injured. Plaxico Burress tired. And since then we've done nothing to replace those holes in our offense, give Mark what he needs to thrive. No protection, no dump-off back, no redzone target.

Put yourself back at the start of the 2011 season because with Mark that's exactly where we are. He's been abandoned since then and fell apart. Had we given him the tools he might have thrived.

SAR I

Good post.

The team Rex Ryan inherited from Eric Mangini is better than the team he has today. Very little of that has to do with Mark Sanchez. A ton of it has to do with terrible personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, taking questionable guys who Rex felt he could "change", and ignoring the offense completely.

This is what happens when you let a defensive coordinator run amok. They don't call them "head" coaches for nothing.

SAR I
    If Mangini didn't have Brett Favre thrown at him I think we would have won a Super Bowl by now.

One problem was when we went to the AFC Championship game in 2009 we had all those final four restrictions so we ended up taking some gambles on players.

Two big problems we now face are:
    1. Rex Ryan still has two years on his contract I believe. Not sure Woody wants to be on the hook for it which means he may be back next year.
    2. Whether you think Sanchez just plain sucks or sucks because of lack of talent the bigger problem is he had no confidence at all. He looks very rattled out there and I'm not so sure he can ever thrive here at this point even with the best talent around him.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You finish with the guy you thought was going to take you to the promised land, you almost have to, you have to much invested at this point. You don't want to start from scratch. I still believe Sanchez can perform given an Offense. Have Tebow conveniently miss the bus back to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You finish with the guy you thought was going to take you to the promised land, you almost have to, you have to much invested at this point. You don't want to start from scratch. I still believe Sanchez can perform given an Offense. Have Tebow conveniently miss the bus back to the airport.
    No Way...That fish is fried, you can see it in his eyes, he wants nothing to do with being out there anymore

G-MAC !

McElroy for the rest of the season. Suckchez can ride the bench and dream of hotdogs. Tim can pray!

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez will be named the starter on Wednesday. If they play mcelroy, it is admiting that signing sanchez to the extension was a mistake. And in that case, Tanny will get fired. Which leads to rex getting fired.

So it is in Tanny and Rex's best interest to play sanchez and pray to God that he has a miracle 4 game run and saves their jobs.

Starting Mcelroy is the equivilant of tanny and rex handing in their resignation letters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anything including starting Jeremy Kerley would be better than allowing Brokeribs Mountain Teblow back on the field

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Anything including starting Jeremy Kerley would be better than allowing Brokeribs Mountain Teblow back on the field

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh my God, that one made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'll say 65% chance of Sanche 30% chance of Tebow and a 5% chance he goes with Elroy.
    95% Sanchez and 5% McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    95% Sanchez and 5% McElroy.
    Pray that Rex does the right thing and starts G-MAC.

Absolutely I'm praying for anybody to start except Sanchez...I heard the janitor is pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Absolutely I'm praying for anybody to start except Sanchez...I heard the janitor is pretty good...
    Bad decision making. Guy tends to use some off-brand instead of the Scrubbing Bubbles. Dude's a......scrub.

Apparently he's leaning towards it. This would be a huge departure for Rex who has defended Sanchez at every turn. I'll need to hear it confirmed before I fully buy it though.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Five plays that shaped the game: A look back at the key plays in the Jets' 7-6 win over the Cards: 1. Inte... http://es.pn/YvRdYF #nyj

Same here. It's not chicken-and-egg. It's cause-and-effect.

Think back to Opening Day 2011. We'd just stomped the Patriots in the playoffs. We've added some nice free agents. We're one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Tony Romo just gift-wrapped a home win on national television. We're 5-3 and we're home for New England for the big showdown.

Mark Sanchez wasn't something to worry about back then. He'd shown flashes of greatness, he'd held his own against the likes of Rivers, Manning, and Brady in the playoffs, he'd led us on an improbable series of comeback victories. The only thing that we needed was for him to have more experience and grow into his role as a leader.

Wayne Hunter imploded. Ladanian Tomlinson got injured. Plaxico Burress tired. And since then we've done nothing to replace those holes in our offense, give Mark what he needs to thrive. No protection, no dump-off back, no redzone target.

Put yourself back at the start of the 2011 season because with Mark that's exactly where we are. He's been abandoned since then and fell apart. Had we given him the tools he might have thrived.

SAR I
    x100000000

Most QBs improve with age, Sanchez has gotten worse and that is mainly due to the front office lack of support and the circus that was/is Tebow. Sanchez takes some of the blame but not sure if any QB would thrive throwing to Hill, Clyde Gates, Schillens and having Shonn Greene as our feature back.