Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBSSports: Rex Leaning Towards McElroy (From 12-3)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Rex knowing about it is irrelevant douchbag. It's Tannenbaum who made the decision to give him the extension not Rex. Maybe your the one who should think before posting idiot.
    Stop with the name calling.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Gawd, let's not start the overzealous BS with McElroy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Oh Gawd, let's not start the overzealous BS with McElroy.

McElroy? You mean Supermac?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yeah I'm sure Rex didn't know anything about the contract talks and subsequent extension

Do some of you even THINK before writing. Just amazing
    Those who don't think want you to believe that Tanny walked over to Rex and said, BTW, I just redid the kids contract, you're stuck with him for a couple of years.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Because it's clearly one big rouse and they're looking for constant attention and we are all dumb enough to give it to them.

The only way to make it stop is if everyone just stops giving a damn about all this tabloid material.
    Really?

Because people are asking who the starting QB will be and they are smartly not telling anyone?

Oh wait, you want to know so get pissy because they're doing the right thing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smart man, Rex.

Smart man

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Though nothing is final, one team source said he's "almost certain" that Jets HC Rex Ryan will name Mark Sanchez his starting quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: As of now, Rex Ryan hasn't announced anything to tm, per 1 player, but as @AdamSchefter reported, RR "almost certain" to go Sanchez. #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: As of now, Rex Ryan hasn't announced anything to tm, per 1 player, but as @AdamSchefter reported, RR "almost certain" to go Sanchez. #Jets
    **** Rex. ****ing no good pos. I hate that guy so much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad sh_t really. We're probably 7-7 right now with a decent shot at a wildcard if McElroy became the permanent starter.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sad sh_t really. We're probably 7-7 right now with a decent shot at a wildcard if McElroy became the permanent starter.
    Rex put all his chips in at the poker table with Sanchez after the Arizona game and he lost. It's time for him to leave the table.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if rex thought about starting mcelroy early this month i hope he's finally pushed himself over the edge. they had a chance to keep a playoff run going and sanchez fell on his face. time to see what mcelroy and/or tebow can do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see what McElroy can do for the next two games, but at this point, nothing would surprise me. I would not be shocked if we see #6 out there for these next two games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thing with McElroy is - what are the last two games going to show?

Let's say we win both, and he plays well. Is he "our guy" next year? Or are two games, with no game tape for opposing teams to spot weaknesses and game plan, just too little evidence to work on? In fact, would we be better NOT playing him, so there's no tape on him for next year if he does get the nod?

Let's say we lose both, and he plays poorly. We're no further on than we are now. All we know is that we still don;t have a QB.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Thing with McElroy is - what are the last two games going to show?

Let's say we win both, and he plays well. Is he "our guy" next year? Or are two games, with no game tape for opposing teams to spot weaknesses and game plan, just too little evidence to work on? In fact, would we be better NOT playing him, so there's no tape on him for next year if he does get the nod?

Let's say we lose both, and he plays poorly. We're no further on than we are now. All we know is that we still don;t have a QB.
    There are two schools of thought in my mind.....

1. Get Mcelroy in there....lets see how he does under real live fire for an extended period, not just a 1.5 qtrs of handing off and short passes. Lets find out if he can throw the 15 yd out in hostile conditions in December in NJ. If he passes the first test, we at least give him a fighting chance next year. Or maybe he shows enough that he could be a viable backup going forward. There's value in determining that too.

2. If the team believes that Sanchez will be the presumed starter next year, how do you bench him for the last two games and then go back to him? I've never heard of a team benching the guy they think is going to be their starter and then, after the season, say "Nah, he's still our guy....we were just trying things out." We all may be calling for his head, but if the team still believes that he's the guy in 2013, you probably need to start him.

Personally, I would start Greg Mcelroy next week. I would make the commitment to draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round and have a true QB competition between Sanchez/GMc/Rookie and see what happens.

Biggest problem between that result and reality is Tebow. Tebow is the #2 QB on this team, whether we like it or not. He is under contract for two more years and, by all accounts, will remain on the team. How do you skip over him when he's technically the #2? Every sane person knows that there is no chance that Tebow is the starting QB going forward, but this charade that the Jets went through makes it difficult for them to acknoweldge reality.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

1. Get Mcelroy in there....lets see how he does under real live fire for an extended period, not just a 1.5 qtrs of handing off and short passes. Lets find out if he can throw the 15 yd out in hostile conditions in December in NJ. If he passes the first test, we at least give him a fighting chance next year. Or maybe he shows enough that he could be a viable backup going forward. There's value in determining that too.

2. If the team believes that Sanchez will be the presumed starter next year, how do you bench him for the last two games and then go back to him? I've never heard of a team benching the guy they think is going to be their starter and then, after the season, say "Nah, he's still our guy....we were just trying things out." We all may be calling for his head, but if the team still believes that he's the guy in 2013, you probably need to start him.

Personally, I would start Greg Mcelroy next week. I would make the commitment to draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round and have a true QB competition between Sanchez/GMc/Rookie and see what happens.

Biggest problem between that result and reality is Tebow. Tebow is the #2 QB on this team, whether we like it or not. He is under contract for two more years and, by all accounts, will remain on the team. How do you skip over him when he's technically the #2? Every sane person knows that there is no chance that Tebow is the starting QB going forward, but this charade that the Jets went through makes it difficult for them to acknoweldge reality.
    Soo much truth in this post.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoever thinks that Asschez should EVER start another game for the NYJ should be fired TODAY. Period. Exclamation point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could a mod change the title?

There's WAAAAY too much hope in that title.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

tanny never thought sanchez would suck this bad. so they never thought they'd have to go to tebow as the actual qb. this reality is calling tanny's bluff, b/c sanchez is beyond terrible and they still won't play tebow. then on top of this you have mcelroy who actually deserves a chance, even if sanchez is benched.

and this may be even funnier. if mcelroy plays better than expected and somehow becomes the opening day starter next year, and the jets have traded sanchez somehow, tebow will be stuck behind a qb who is not typically mistake prone. there would then be no reason to pull mcelroy from the game, they'd have a true game manager and tebow would be useless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chargers have completely quit on Norv and the Bills have a bottom 5 D. Unfortunately, I don't know how much we can evaluate McElroy in these 2 games. He HAS to play though, sending Sanchez out in front of our home crowd would just be cruel and unusual punishment and McElroy has earned the right to start these last 2 meaningless games.

Rex would have to be a lunatic to play Sanchez in these games