Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rivers, Vick, Smith, Flynn .. who do we go after?

Rivers, Vick, Smith, Flynn .. who do we go after?

Some QB's that should be available if the price is right next year according to Clayton on ESPN radio. Said Chargers new management might want to start over and mentioned even a couple of other decent names.

I'm not so sure Rivers will be available, honestly. Vick is a no simply because he's a running QB that's always hurt. Flynn I would be ok with if we signed. Smith is a big no because he's nothing more than a game manager that is **** without an amazing running game and elite D to fall back on.

Flynn to me is the only viable option as his salary is the only one that the jets can fit under the cap.

All Pro
    If rivers is available I think he would be my 1st choice , followed by Flynn
    Last edited by Scoop24; 12-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Veteran
    Flynn would be the only one I'd consider. Smith is not a tremendous upgrade from where we are now, vick just lost his last 5 games and is always battling injuries and i don't think rivers could handle the NYC media and direct comparisons to Eli. Plus, he's really become a turnover machine.

I would go Flynn and Matt Moore, because both are stop gaps. Until the Jets draft and develop a big time QB, they are not winning a Super Bowl. Flynn and Moore allow the team to remain competitive in the interim.

All Pro
    I like Flynn - he learned well in GB and lost out to an exceptional rookie in Wilson this year.

Try to land him, and let him and McElroy fight it out for the starting job. Nothing given - best player plays.

Trade Tebow to Jax where he belongs, ship Sanchez to anyone who will have him, and draft a mid-round rookie to groom from the #3 spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    1 McElroy
    2 Sanchez
    3 mid round development pick to become GMac's backup when Sanchez departs after 2013

Dumpster- Teblow where he belongs

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    I think the best way to go is to draft a QB with high upside this year and let him develop for a year behind either Sanchez or McElroy. Tyler Bray and Tyler Wilson might be available at the start of the second round.

Other than that none of the names in the NFL intrigues me. One player I would keep an eye on is T.J. Yates from Houston. Big, strong, tough player with quite some game experience from last year. He actually won a playoff game for Houston.

I like rivers, but only for a 3rd rd pick or lower (I know this is unlikely). I'd like to see more of McElroy to see if he can be a stopgap. Keep suckchez for 2013 have open competition between him and McElroy next yr. draft a high upside guy in 3rd round and see what happens.

If McElroy looks terrible then sign Moore or maybe Campbell to compete with suckchez next yr.

All League
    Flynn has shown up in the limited games and is the only QB where you have not seen his performance ceiling. As a Pats fan I hope the Jets go after Vick...one of the most overrated QBs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Flynn has shown up in the limited games and is the only QB where you have not seen his performance ceiling. As a Pats fan I hope the Jets go after Vick...one of the most overrated QBs ever.
    You bastard...

Veteran
    Tony Romo. Jerry Jones will probably clean house, again. Dallas has grown tired of Romo and he might just be made available.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    But you also haven't seen his downside. Sure, Russell Wilson is impressive, but you have to think - considering the money involved - that Seattle gave Flynn every chance to win the job and he came up short. That's not exactly encouraging.

Vick ain't happening.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I like rivers, but only for a 3rd rd pick or lower (I know this is unlikely). I'd like to see more of McElroy to see if he can be a stopgap. Keep suckchez for 2013 have open competition between him and McElroy next yr. draft a high upside guy in 3rd round and see what happens.

If McElroy looks terrible then sign Moore or maybe Campbell to compete with suckchez next yr.
    Why does everyone think that Rivers will be available?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But you also haven't seen his downside. Sure, Russell Wilson is impressive, but you have to think - considering the money involved - that Seattle gave Flynn every chance to win the job and he came up short. That's not exactly encouraging.
    Good point but who was judging Flynn? Pete Carroll...the same guy who coached Sanchez.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rivers is going on his 2nd year of suckage, and more than likely Norvell, and GM AJ smith are probably goners.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Tony Romo. Jerry Jones will probably clean house, again. Dallas has grown tired of Romo and he might just be made available.
    Jones will fire Garrett, maybe. Romo isn't going anywhere. If he was, of course the Jets should try to get him, but he needs a new contract and will be looking for big money. Not sure how we could do that with Sanchez still on the roster in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He won't be. New ownership and coach will give him at least a year to prove he can still be a top QB. The guy is what, 31? Chargers have no realistic option if they dump him and this by all accounts is not a great QB draft class. They have enough holes on that team, they aren't going to create another huge one.