Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/4: "Abstrakt goes ham" Edition

Jets Insider VIP
    The Ducasse/Slauson rotation at LG has shown us that the coaches don't have total control over who plays and who doesn't.
    Tannenbaum has told rex to get vlad in. Tanny is scrambling for his job here. Vlad sitting on the bench is admitting that tanny has wasted a high pick on another bust.

Sanchez playing, duccasee playing etc is all a ploy for tanny to keep his job. Rex knows hes canned if tanny is gone.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan spoke to various members of organization yesterday in order to make informed decision on QB situation. It was productive, I'm told

Bob Glauber @BobGlauber
    The NFL is a passing league, but it's an interception league, too. So far, 52 INT return TDs thru 13 weeks, most ever at this pt in season.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4711453]Tannenbaum has told rex to get vlad in. Tanny is scrambling for his job here. Vlad sitting on the bench is admitting that tanny has wasted a high pick on another bust.

Sanchez playing, duccasee playing etc is all a ploy for tanny to keep his job. Rex knows hes canned if tanny is gone.[/QUOTE

This. Tanny is done, there is little talent on this team, especially on offense. A competent GM will likely want his own coach, so Rex is likely done as well however Woody may encourage his new guy to give Rex a season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets owner Woody Johnson prefers G. McElroy.
    Of course he does. He saw that horror show on Sunday and Thanksgiving. He heard the fan reaction when Rex pulled Sanchez. If they trot out Mark the rest of the way, he'll be looking at a whole lot of empty seats at Metlife for the forseeable future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex Ryan spoke to various members of organization yesterday in order to make informed decision on QB situation. It was productive, I'm told
    Tanny: "Rex, please play Mark or Im fired.

Sparano: "Rex, if we do not play mark, tanny is fired which means you are fired which means I am fired. Lets play mark."

Rex: "Mark it is."

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tony is, imo, a complete potato. Guy reminds me of Schotty with his stupid 3 yard out-rt's on 3rd and long.

I don't know if he's complete, but he's definitely a potato. Well done!

Rex wasn't given ultimatum by ownership to start particular QB. Had discussions with members of organization & listened to preferences #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    They are not letting Rex make the QB decision on his own for the same reason why they forced Schitty on him. They know he doesn't know sh!t about offense. Which is fine, BUT neither do Tanny, Woody and whoever else is making the decision. Also, not to mention that Tanny is going into survival mode. He will undoubtedly backstab Rex like he did Mangini. But will he be successful???

This should be a very entertaining end of the season. Black Monday will be interesting.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-04-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Jane McManus @janesports
    Sanchez has always made an appearance as Santonio Holmes' charity event. Last night, notably absent. And no Tebow or McElroy either. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    They are not letting Rex make the QB decision on his own for the same reason why they forced Schitty on him. They know he doesn't know sh!t about offense. Which is fine, BUT neither do Tanny, Woody and whoever else is making the decision. Also, not to mention that Tanny is going into survival mode. He will undoubtedly backstab Rex like he did Mangini. But will he be successful???

This should be a very entertaining end of the season. Black Monday will be interesting.
    Actually, we have nobody in the entire organization qualified to make this decision. I fully believe 50% of the posters here would have handled this whole thing better.

ProFootbalMock's weekly NFL QBs On Facebook featuring G-MAC.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Woody Johnson prefers Greg McElroy, Mike Tannenbaum and Tony Sparano prefer Mark Sanchez, no one prefers Tim Tebow http://wp.me/p14QSB-6B5O

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Woody Johnson prefers Greg McElroy, Mike Tannenbaum and Tony Sparano prefer Mark Sanchez, no one prefers Tim Tebow http://wp.me/p14QSB-6B5O
    LOL......is that your personal touch?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tanny: "Rex, please play Mark or Im fired.

Sparano: "Rex, if we do not play mark, tanny is fired which means you are fired which means I am fired. Lets play mark."

Rex: "Mark it is."
    Actually loled!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    lol, no. All PFT swag.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    lol, no. All PFT swag.
    Sheesh. Broncos bashing, teammates bashing, media bashing.....this has really morphed into a huge clusterfudger.

Hang strong Tim. The Paychecks are still valid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tony is, imo, a complete potato.
    Screw you, pal

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    From the same article . . .

However, Mehta hears that Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano would prefer to give the ball back to Sanchez this week. It appears that no one in the building is advocating for Tim Tebow. (Although you can bet Jaguars owner Shad Khan would love to see the Jets announce that Tebow is starting in Jacksonville on Sunday.)
    We should start Tebow, hope he tears it up and then trade him for Kuechly.