Thread: Beginning of the end of Rex (Tannebaum's Puppet)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Beginning of the end of Rex (Tannebaum's Puppet)

So for a long time I have been a huge Rex supporter. Over the last year I have begun to realize that Rex is a puppet and should not be our coach. It all began with Vlad Ducasses. We can all see he is not an NFL player and he has told the Oline coach to play him every third series. I believe that is an order from Mike Tannebaum. Tannebaum drafted him and desperately wants him to be an NFL player and say my drafts have been good.

The second example comes from announcing that Sanchez will start. Tannebaum for whatever reason gave Sanchez a guaranteed 8 million next year. To attempt to save his job he knows that Sanchez needs to succeed.

Rex's job is to win. He keeps saying that Sanchez gives him the best chance etc. After seeing what happened on Sunday I do not see how Rex can think Sanchez gives him the best chance to win. When he was pulled the team played better and he seemed relieved. Rex should identify that and put in McElroy. I believe again Tannebaum has his hands in this more than others and Rex is his puppet. I wish that Rex would take a stand possibly save his job and go with McElroy. Instead he is showing me he is Tannebaum's puppet and he now needs to go with everyone else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not believe Rex is a puppet. Rex knows hes gone if Tanny goes. So he is playing these guys to try and save tanny which in turn, saves himself.

A puppet will do something because he is told to do it. Rex is proactively doing this to save tanny and himself.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I do not believe Rex is a puppet. Rex knows hes gone if Tanny goes. So he is playing these guys to try and save tanny which in turn, saves himself.

A puppet will do something because he is told to do it. Rex is proactively doing this to save tanny and himself.
    I agree with that 95%. The only thing I would change is the emphasis; I think that Rex is saying that he wants to go down with the ship. The more I think about it, the more I think that Rex is better off getting fired and starting over someplace else or, more likely, taking a year in the studio on Sunday or maybe even as a color commentator on game day. He is quick on his feet intellectually and he is instinctively a very funny guy. I would pay money to watch him interview Belichick and I'd be willing to bet that Belichick would go along with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    I agree with that 95%. The only thing I would change is the emphasis; I think that Rex is saying that he wants to go down with the ship. The more I think about it, the more I think that Rex is better off getting fired and starting over someplace else or, more likely, taking a year in the studio on Sunday or maybe even as a color commentator on game day. He is quick on his feet intellectually and he is instinctively a very funny guy. I would pay money to watch him interview Belichick and I'd be willing to bet that Belichick would go along with it.
    rex knows he can always go into broadcasting and truth, he may have used the jets coaching gig to elevate his demand in this regard.

but i agree that tanny is all but gone, and rex may go too. they're only hope is that sanchez turns it around. and the whole tebow thing was a joke.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    So for a long time I have been a huge Rex supporter. Over the last year I have begun to realize that Rex is a puppet and should not be our coach. It all began with Vlad Ducasses. We can all see he is not an NFL player and he has told the Oline coach to play him every third series. I believe that is an order from Mike Tannebaum. Tannebaum drafted him and desperately wants him to be an NFL player and say my drafts have been good.

The second example comes from announcing that Sanchez will start. Tannebaum for whatever reason gave Sanchez a guaranteed 8 million next year. To attempt to save his job he knows that Sanchez needs to succeed.

Rex's job is to win. He keeps saying that Sanchez gives him the best chance etc. After seeing what happened on Sunday I do not see how Rex can think Sanchez gives him the best chance to win. When he was pulled the team played better and he seemed relieved. Rex should identify that and put in McElroy. I believe again Tannebaum has his hands in this more than others and Rex is his puppet. I wish that Rex would take a stand possibly save his job and go with McElroy. Instead he is showing me he is Tannebaum's puppet and he now needs to go with everyone else.
    Pls see my reply just above @JoeW.Namath.

Rex is nobody's fool and nobody's puppet.

He's playing Sanchez because he knows that he, Tannenbaum and Sparano are joined at the hip and will sink or swim together. I also think he's decided that they're all going to sink and get **** canned in January.
    Last edited by NYCFan; 12-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pls see my reply just above @JoeWNamath.

Rex is nobody's fool and nobody's puppet.

He's playing Sanchez because he knows that he, Tannenbaum and Sparano are joined at the hip and will sink or swim together. I also think he's decided that they're all going to sink and get **** canned in January.
    rex has to know that tanny is gone, at the very least. rex coaches the guys tanny gave him. sparano runs an antiquated offense and has no business being an OC in the nfl. and if they hire a new gm rex knows he's gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Exactly.

Giving up on Sanchez pretty guarantees that Tanny is gone, which means Rex is probably gone as well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rex knows he can always go into broadcasting and truth, he may have used the jets coaching gig to elevate his demand in this regard.

but i agree that tanny is all but gone, and rex may go too. they're only hope is that sanchez turns it around. and the whole tebow thing was a joke.
    Add Sparano to the fired list and I agree completely.

Unfortunately, Woody Johnson won't fire himself at the same time.

Given the transparent PSL-driven fraud that the Tebow move was and given the whole PSL-driven Favre madness a few years ago, it's going to be very difficult to attract a Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher to the organization, let alone a first-rate GM.

As far as I can see, Johnson has managed to "out" himself as one of the more incompetent NFL owners. Most of them manage to keep a low profile and crawl under rocks in small markets, but Johnson is in the media capital of the world.

I'm afraid that this is a long term problem that's not going away until "Trust Fund Woody" gets tired of playing in this particular sandbox and decides he wants to buy a new toy.

Too bad that Mitt didn't win the election; maybe he would have offered Johnson a Cabinet post that would have created a conflict with owning an NFL franchise and he would have sold the team to take the job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Sparano to the fired list and I agree completely.

Unfortunately, Woody Johnson won't fire himself at the same time.

Given the transparent PSL-driven fraud that the Tebow move was and given the whole PSL-driven Favre madness a few years ago, it's going to be very difficult to attract a Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher to the organization, let alone a first-rate GM.

As far as I can see, Johnson has managed to "out" himself as one of the more incompetent NFL owners. Most of them manage to keep a low profile and crawl under rocks in small markets, but Johnson is in the media capital of the world.

I'm afraid that this is a long term problem that's not going away until "Trust Fund Woody" gets tired of playing in this particular sandbox and decides he wants to buy a new toy.
    even if they do clean house, fire tanny, rex goes to espn, sparano disappears, then what? they're still stuck with sanchez for another year. they would need to convince competent coaches and a gm that they're finally going to be committed to developing offensive players, when they eventually get some. tebow seems as good as gone too. the offense is a daunting rebuilding job. unless mcelroy wows they will go into next season with no clear qb solution, if only for the short term.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think you need to back off the ledge this has been the best time to be a jets fan in our history since woody has taken over the team the best decade ever 2002 to 2012 we have not finished the season yet but i think rex still has the highest winning percentage in team history there will be plenty of changes at seasons end for cap reasons no mater who is still standing in managment so just enjoy whats left of the season and root for wins and a winning team and if you want the team to lose for changes go root for another team no room for losers on my jet wagon

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question JETS FRONT OFFICE SET UP SANCHEZ TO FAIL( will we ever know the answer.?)

=The Jets have not done much to help Sanchez succeed. In fact, it almost looks like they set him up to fail. They first went after Peyton Manning in March and when Manning had no interest, the Jets finalized a contract extension in a kiss-and-make-up deal with Sanchez.

Then two weeks later, they traded for Tim Tebow, the most popular player in the NFL. Why do that to Sanchez? The Jets occasional use of Tebow until he broke two ribs a couple of weeks ago makes you wonder why they wanted him in the first place.

Even more damaging to Sanchez, the Jets surrounded him with the worst set of skill position players in the NFL and that was true even before wide receiver Santonio Holmes, their only feared offensive weapon, went out with a season-ending foot injury in the fourth game of the season.

It would be hard for any quarterback to succeed in that situation. Sanchez has had a dreadful year. But throwing away the last four years and replacing him with McElroy, who at this time last week was third-string and had never thrown a pass in a regular season game, would have been the wrong thing to do.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The season hinges on Andrew Luck. If he wins two, there will be changes in Jetland. I assume Pitt wins two.
    The Jets WILL win out. With their schedule even Oakland could win out.
    9-7 will not get anyone fired if they get the 6 seed. If not, Tanny or Rex is gone. Not both. Sanchez stays one more year regardless.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    even if they do clean house, fire tanny, rex goes to espn, sparano disappears, then what? they're still stuck with sanchez for another year. they would need to convince competent coaches and a gm that they're finally going to be committed to developing offensive players, when they eventually get some. tebow seems as good as gone too. the offense is a daunting rebuilding job. unless mcelroy wows they will go into next season with no clear qb solution, if only for the short term.
    Good points all. I have no answer...this is, as I said, a long term problem with no neat solution as long as Woody is the owner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good points all. I have no answer...this is, as I said, a long term problem with no neat solution as long as Woody is the owner.
    woody can own the team, but he needs to hire a real gm who can run the football operations side of things. someone who will draft bap, not trade away lots of picks and not cave to the hc who keeps clamoring for defensive players. a strong gm will hire the right hc who can manage both sides of the ball and control the lockerroom.