Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Rex reluctant to answer question about benching Mark for Tim

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems pretty obvious that Rex never had any intention of putting Tebow in as the starter. Just deactivate him the rest of the season then cut him the first day it is possible to do so without penalty

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 qb wildcat....git er dun!

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Not really, if you have an insane person saying another person is insane, quite frankly the person stating the claim if we know is the insane one, I certainly would not trust his opinion. Therefore it is up to someone else to make that determination, so basically my answer is ; Rex is not qualified to make that determination because I certainly know he sucks.
    You implied that Rex sucks and said "it takes one to know one". So, you're actually saying Tim sucks.

    lol.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Short of Woody putting a billboard up saying "I traded for Tebow for PR reasons", I am not sure how much more evidence people need to come to this conclusion.
    you think Tebow sold any PSL?????

  5. #25
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You implied that Rex sucks and said "it takes one to know one". So, you're actually saying Tim sucks.

    lol.
    Think I answered that one already, just because you said it again doesn't validate your point, remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. , think about it.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Think I answered that one already, just because you said it again doesn't validate your point, remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. , think about it.
    COMMAS EVERYWHERE! ABANDON THREAD! WE'VE BEEN OVERRUN BY COMMAS!

    No, but you really did just say that he sucks. You slipped up, man. Happens, breh.

  7. #27
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    COMMAS EVERYWHERE! ABANDON THREAD! WE'VE BEEN OVERRUN BY COMMAS!

    No, but you really did just say that he sucks. You slipped up, man. Happens, breh.
    LOL I've been accused before of my overuse of commas

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    LOL I've been accused before of my overuse of commas
    lol, that's awesome.

  9. #29
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    LOL I've been accused before of my overuse of commas
    Except when you're on your "period". There's no "question" about it! LOLOLOL!!!!

    Sorry I couldn't resist!

    (I'll leave colon puns to someone else)

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Except when you're on your "period". There's no "question" about it! LOLOLOL!!!!

    Sorry I couldn't resist!

    (I'll leave colon puns to someone else)
    Not a pun, but a random joke I have.

    What is a colon when you're constipated? A coloff.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you're not wrong.

    everything Rex has done this season indicates that he wanted no part of Tebow and that the trade was never about "football reasons."


    **** Woody for derailing our season before it even started.
    Look, I did not like the move myself, but how did it derail our season? If Sanchez looked even halfway like a professional QB we would be in great shape right now and there would be no discussion of Tebow. To even say, like Joe Willie did yesterday, that Sanchez was treated badly by this happening, is pure BS. If the guy's "psyche" is that frail, he has no business QB ing an NFL team.

    The guy needs to grow a pair and get out there and try to kick some ass instead of throwing picks and sulking all the time. Oh, and maybe, just maybe, throw a pass on time istead of being later than my wife anywhere she goes.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    I truly believe the benching of Mark at this point was specifically by design. Rex doesn't want Tebow as the QB. Probably was outspoken about not dealing for him.

    Rex waited until Tim Tebow was on the injured list to make the change. That way he could ensure a real live pocket passer got a chance and not some guy that we'd have to completely change the offense to fit what Tebow does well.

    I believe this also tells us all we need to know in regards to the QB situation also. Rex cannot go back to Sanchez. Sanchez is clearly done at this point. He also does not want to go to Tebow either. So who's left?

  13. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Look, I did not like the move myself, but how did it derail our season? If Sanchez looked even halfway like a professional QB we would be in great shape right now and there would be no discussion of Tebow. To even say, like Joe Willie did yesterday, that Sanchez was treated badly by this happening, is pure BS. If the guy's "psyche" is that frail, he has no business QB ing an NFL team.

    The guy needs to grow a pair and get out there and try to kick some ass instead of throwing picks and sulking all the time. Oh, and maybe, just maybe, throw a pass on time istead of being later than my wife anywhere she goes.
    Agreed To a certain point

    Don't forget that we gave up a draft pick for him. We had and still have many holes on the team. A gimmicky qb was not one of them. Who knows how the season would have turned out if we had a good pick or traded up for another pick

    Not saying it would have made us Super Bowl contenders but having tebow has not helped us at all

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us