Thread: Jets lying to us fans. Not trying to win.

Jets lying to us fans. Not trying to win.

First I recommend you go to ESPN 98.7 Michael Kay Show and listen to last nights Joe Namaths podcast. Joe nailed it again as far as what is going on with this franchise.
    Rex said since he was hired that the best players will play no matter where they were drafted or their contracts. But his actions show he is lying. Sanchez has been given the longest leash of any quarterback in NFL history. He has played every game until he was benched last Sunday. How can he look us fans in the eye and tell us Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win? He either is blind or being told Sanchez plays no matter what because of his huge contract. Sanchez would have been benched long ago by any other coach.
    Also I believe if Rex was his own man he would tell Tanny and Woody that he was hired to win games not be their puppet. After all they are killing his career too.
    I give Gugliano a lot of credit for telling the truth about the Slauson and Ducasse rotation. At least he cares about his future as an NFL coach. I believe he will ask out if the Jets don't fire him first.
    Parcells said when he started his second year as the Giants coach he knew they were going to fire him, so he made up his mind that if he was going to get fired he was going to at least do things his way and let the chips fall where they may.
    Rex said he would make his QB decision after discussing it with his staff. If that is true why was he meeting with Tanny last night?
    My gut feeling Sanchez is starting Sunday and if they win they will be blowing smoke up our asses about how good he is again.
    I am tired of the lying and dishonesty coming from this franchise!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    First I recommend you go to ESPN 98.7 Michael Kay Show and listen to last nights Joe Namaths podcast. Joe nailed it again as far as what is going on with this franchise.
    Rex said since he was hired that the best players will play no matter where they were drafted or their contracts. But his actions show he is lying. Sanchez has been given the longest leash of any quarterback in NFL history. He has played every game until he was benched last Sunday. How can he look us fans in the eye and tell us Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win? He either is blind or being told Sanchez plays no matter what because of his huge contract. Sanchez would have been benched long ago by any other coach.
    Also I believe if Rex was his own man he would tell Tanny and Woody that he was hired to win games not be their puppet. After all they are killing his career too.
    I give Gugliano a lot of credit for telling the truth about the Slauson and Ducasse rotation. At least he cares about his future as an NFL coach. I believe he will ask out if the Jets don't fire him first.
    Parcells said when he started his second year as the Giants coach he knew they were going to fire him, so he made up his mind that if he was going to get fired he was going to at least do things his way and let the chips fall where they may.
    Rex said he would make his QB decision after discussing it with his staff. If that is true why was he meeting with Tanny last night?
    My gut feeling Sanchez is starting Sunday and if they win they will be blowing smoke up our asses about how good he is again.
    I am tired of the lying and dishonesty coming from this franchise!

All Pro
    If sanchez does not succeed, tanny is gets fired.
    If Tanny gets fired, then rex is getting fired.
    Sanchez cannot succeed on bench.
    So rex plays sanchez in hopes he turns it around and saves tanny, which in turn saves rex.

Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    So rex plays sanchez in hopes he turns it around and saves tanny, which in turn saves rex.

Got it?
    This is probably right. If Sanchez is starting on Sunday, that is exactly why.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Got it?
    I got it last year!
    If they really believe Sanchez still is an elite QB, they should all be FIRED NOW!

All Pro
    If they really believe Sanchez still is an elite QB, they should all be FIRED NOW!
    It doesnt matter what they believe. If they were not worried about losing their jobs, they would have benched mark 6 weeks ago.

Benching mark permanantly means admitting the extension was a mistake. And that is a fireable offense.

These guys are going to do everything in their power not to lose their jobs. They are going down with the ship.

All League
    conspiracy theory me this, conspiracy theroy me that.

This season has become one for the record books. And not in a good way.

I got it last year!
    If they play Sanchez it's because they still believe he's the best QB on the team to win the game vs JAX, and they're probably right. That doesn't say much for Sanchez, it speaks to how bad our QB situation is overall. There isn't a team in the league that would trade QB situations with us, not even AZ in my opinion. As much as it's ridiculous to say it, if we win this week and CIN and PIT lose we are 1 game away from being a WC team. Even though it is absurd to even think about playoffs as a fan, the coaches have an obligation to do so. I want McElroy to play. I think they need to take a good look at him and see if he can be a viable option for next season. But the coach can't think that way, especially if we are still technically in the playoff hunt. I know it's not what we want to hear as fans but that's the reality of it.

SANCHEZ HAS BEATEN THE jags pretty soundly in the past if I recall. So starting him is a viable option. McElroy deserves the start and we need to see what's he's got in the tank for the future. Tebow could start and play a total of 5 plays.
    It's time to go with McElroy. If he is a disaster then you bring in Sanchez. This is about winning games not making people happy. Sanchez McElroy and sprinkle in some Tebow. maybe that scenario will work. Either way I think Sanchez needs some time on the bench to see the game from another perspective.

All Pro
    The day that Mark Sanchez is permanantly benched is the day Mike Tannenbaum loses his job. and thats not happening this week.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I got it last year!
    Another gem.

Find the quote where either has called Sanchez a franchise QB.

When you heard Tanny say all offseason that Sanchez needs to step it up you thought that meant he called him elite?

When Rex says he thinks Sanchez can be a winning QB you translate that to he thinks he's elite?

Its a hard choice, the guy with the most QB talent or the unknown that you hope is lightning in a bottle. A QB who's name no one could spell if Sanchez wasn't sucking it up, who people want to play because of Sanchezs failings not because he's so good.

If they started McElroy and he looked like the scrub from AZ the board would have lit up calling for the FO to be gone.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 12-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If they play Sanchez it's because they still believe he's the best QB on the team to win the game vs JAX, and they're probably right. That doesn't say much for Sanchez, it speaks to how bad our QB situation is overall. There isn't a team in the league that would trade QB situations with us, not even AZ in my opinion. As much as it's ridiculous to say it, if we win this week and CIN and PIT lose we are 1 game away from being a WC team. Even though it is absurd to even think about playoffs as a fan, the coaches have an obligation to do so. I want McElroy to play. I think they need to take a good look at him and see if he can be a viable option for next season. But the coach can't think that way, especially if we are still technically in the playoff hunt. I know it's not what we want to hear as fans but that's the reality of it.
    Come on man! After a four year year body of work do you believe Sanchez is our best choice to win? He has gotten worse not better and he acts like a spoiled little child. You have to be a MAN if you want to lead. He thinks he is entitled because he has been pampered too much. Why else would he go to Rex after Sparano told him to take a seat on the bench? I never seen a QB do that on any level. He doesn't have the mental toughness or smarts to be an NFL QB.
    He played almost as bad as Lindley last week. But at least Lindley is a raw rookie, I can excuse him. But after four years how can you excuse Sanchez for playing poorly the last two years!
    I'm willing to go out on the limb here and say if the Jets offered McElroy for trade today he would be gone tomorrow.

Come on man! After a four year year body of work do you believe Sanchez is our best choice to win? He has gotten worse not better and he acts like a spoiled little child. You have to be a MAN if you want to lead. He thinks he is entitled because he has been pampered too much. Why else would he go to Rex after Sparano told him to take a seat on the bench? I never seen a QB do that on any level. He doesn't have the mental toughness or smarts to be an NFL QB.
    He played almost as bad as Lindley last week. But at least Lindley is a raw rookie, I can excuse him. But after four years how can you excuse Sanchez for playing poorly the last two years!
    I'm willing to go out on the limb here and say if the Jets offered McElroy for trade today he would be gone tomorrow.
    Reread my post. I said clearly I think they should start McElroy. I don't know if McElroy is better than Sanchez, neither do you. Sanchez is playing horribly right now. Flat out terrible. But he has shown in the past he can play well. The coaches see what they see in McElroy in practice and in their eyes it's probably not as good as Sanchez. Thing is McElroy needs experience and evaluation in realtime games to really make that determination, however the coaches have not cenceded that we are in evaluation mode yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Reread my post. I said clearly I think they should start McElroy. I don't know if McElroy is better than Sanchez, neither do you. Sanchez is playing horribly right now. Flat out terrible. But he has shown in the past he can play well. The coaches see what they see in McElroy in practice and in their eyes it's probably not as good as Sanchez. Thing is McElroy needs experience and evaluation in realtime games to really make that determination, however the coaches have not cenceded that we are in evaluation mode yet.
    Snell, I agree, we don't see them every day in practice, McElroy is an unknown quantity. But they only way to find out is to let him play the last four games. We know what Sanchez is. In fact if Sanchez is benched for the rest of the season it will tell us more about him. If there is a slight chance he can still turn it around he will take the benching like a man and work harder at proving us fans wrong and win his job back by his play and not feeling he is entitled.
    Personally I feel he is another Lienart. But I'll keep an open mind and eat my words if he proves me wrong.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    If they start Sanchez, he should be benched after his 1st 3-and-out, fumble, or turnover with the game on the line. I think Mark has all the talent, but he is mentally not there. Turnovers (over and over and over again, with games on the line, no less!), bad press, fans turning on him, weapons keep getting hurt/leaving, team dropping his passes.... it all adds up.

If they start Tebow, it should be as a stituational option QB/RB, and not starter for the whole game.

If they start McElroy, then we'll find out a little more if this kid has what it takes to be a starting QB.

Don't overlook the Jags just because we trounced them last season. Remember when we killed Oakland a couple years ago and they got their revenge last year? This is the NFL... anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Another gem.

Find the quote where either has called Sanchez a franchise QB.

When you heard Tanny say all offseason that Sanchez needs to step it up you thought that meant he called him elite?

When Rex says he thinks Sanchez can be a winning QB you translate that to he thinks he's elite?

Its a hard choice, the guy with the most QB talent or the unknown that you hope is lightning in a bottle. A QB who's name no one could spell if Sanchez wasn't sucking it up, who people want to play because of Sanchezs failings not because he's so good.

If they started McElroy and he looked like the scrub from AZ the board would have lit up calling for the FO to be gone.
    If they didn't think he would be a franchise, or elite QB why move up in the draft to get him and extend his contract and pay him like he was going to be one? Heck you could have gotten him in the later rounds if you want a game manager who needs a lot of help to be successful. He only played 16 games at USC, started every game for the Jets since he was drafted and has gone backwards. He has had a longer leash than any QB I've ever seen coming into the NFL and has been babied more than any of them.
    I'm not saying McElroy is the answer but we'll never know if he doesn't get a chance. At least we'll know if we have to bring in a few QB's next year and have an open competition for the starters job. Which we should do anyway.
    I'm sure of one thing right now after watching Sanchez for almost four years, no one can play any worse than him.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    If they didn't think he would be a franchise, or elite QB why move up in the draft to get him and extend his contract and pay him like he was going to be one? Heck you could have gotten him in the later rounds if you want a game manager who needs a lot of help to be successful. He only played 16 games at USC, started every game for the Jets since he was drafted and has gone backwards. He has had a longer leash than any QB I've ever seen coming into the NFL and has been babied more than any of them.
    I'm not saying McElroy is the answer but we'll never know if he doesn't get a chance. At least we'll know if we have to bring in a few QB's next year and have an open competition for the starters job. Which we should do anyway.
    I'm sure of one thing right now after watching Sanchez for almost four years, no one can play any worse than him.
    Rick Mirer says hi.

I guess they must have edited Rex's Hard Knocks speech.

"I want to lead the league in ****in wins...

lol jk guys."

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Rick Mirer says hi.
    So does Bubby Brister, lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Bill Demery
    Frank Reich
    Mike Taliaferro
    Neil O Dummy
    Dick Wood
    Pete Liske
    JJ Jones