Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McElroy

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

To say what you said

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm all for giving him a chance (what do we have to lose), but I'll venture a guess that he'll be more like Danny Wuerffel than Danny Woodhead. He too was a winner. There's no such thing as a role player as a QB (except maybe Tebow, and we all see how that's going). Either he's starter caliber or he's not. He's got a long way to go to demonstrate that he is a franchise QB.

To state unequivocably that he will be a Franchise QB forfeits your status for seating at the adult table.
    not knowing that he won't forfeits you seat as well. My mom will let us sit at the little table on the porch...don't worry the food is just as good out there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen Hill is going to be the best WR in history!

when he learns how to catch.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously he deserves a chance, but are you sure you want to cut bait on Sanchez right now? This move will set them back 4/5 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Stephen Hill is going to be the best WR in history!

when he learns how to catch.
    He was solid on Sunday. Was catching with his hands instead of his body, too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Obviously he deserves a chance, but are you sure you want to cut bait on Sanchez right now? This move will set them back 4/5 years.
    Not if the kid is that good. If not, put Sanchez back in, he's a big boy, he can handle it. Enough of this kissing his arse BS. Everyone acts like it's the end of the world if MS doesn't start..it's not, he has a contract and he will honor it if his wittle feelings get hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Well we have had four years of Sanchize, who was supposed to be a franchise quarterback. He has a hell of an arm and a pea sized brain, doesn't understand football at all and has the focus of a housefly and is from a ***** team like USC where he started a total of nine games....so I say give the National Championship QB a chance....no way an SEC QB can be worse than a ***** from USC.
    Boy, you really give us some excellent reasoning there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well we have had four years of Sanchize, who was supposed to be a franchise quarterback. He has a hell of an arm and a pea sized brain, doesn't understand football at all and has the focus of a housefly and is from a ***** team like USC where he started a total of nine games....so I say give the National Championship QB a chance....no way an SEC QB can be worse than a ***** from USC.
    McFranchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    let's wait until he plays more than a half of football and throws more than 10 passes before we declare him a franchise QB.

that being said, i'm rooting for him 100% and hope he can pull a Brady on our asses (maybe homo).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Maybe he is a franchise qb, but the odds of that happening are extremely small. Regardless your post is base all on idiocy, not on fact. Kind of like all your other posts here.
    Troof!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid is a winner. That is all there is to it. If he is not our Franchise QB he will be someone else's. He may not be the next Brady but he will be a Danny Woodhead moment if we let him get away.
    Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. You can never tell what you've got till the player has a chance to demonstrate his abilities. McElroy will get a chance to do that against some of the easier teams in the league. I can think of no better time to start him than now. Better to let him get his feet under him against the remaining schedule than to throw him to the dogs like we did with Kellen Clemens in Baltimore back in '07.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope Rex and co gives this kid a shot! Let him play the next 4 games, and lets see what he can do. If he wins 4 in a row, plays smart, and team starts to rally around him, then hey, maybe we don't have to use a high pick on a QB, I pray to God I never ever have to see Sanchez as a starter for the Jets ever again, I think it is crystal clear to see that Sanchez needs a fresh start somewhere else.

All I know is that the entire team rallied and came alive when McElroy came in. If Rex wants to keep with the pulse of his team, he better stick with McElroy, and give this team an opportunity to end this season with some pride.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing for Tom Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Why didn't 31 other teams want him? 1,2, 3?
    Why you can say the same about Brady in the college draft. The weird thing is that Brady and McElroy had almost the same stats in their first NFL games. We have everything to gain in giving McElroy the rest of the starts this year and if we lose, we get better draft choices. It is a win win for the fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid is a winner. That is all there is to it. If he is not our Franchise QB he will be someone else's. He may not be the next Brady but he will be a Danny Woodhead moment if we let him get away.
    I like McElroy. Thought he deserved a shot last year when we were bad. He"s the smartest QB we have by far. But, don't go crazy yet. Don't act like those crazy Tebow fans. Let him prove that he can be productive before you get too excited.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only that is went to Soutlake Carroll HS in Dallas, one of the best football HS in the country, up there with Bosco Prep in Ramsey NJ, the kids got a pedegree, just give him a freaking chance.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    3/4 of the fan base wants tanny or Rex gone
    They say they can't evaluate talent. Has done a poor job of piecing the team together etc..yet aside from all that criticism, they somehow found franchise qb in the 7th round?!?

McElroy has a Noodle arm. Will not be a franchise qb anywhere.
    If he is Brady II, necro this post and I will gladly eat crow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    They say they can't evaluate talent. Has done a poor job of piecing the team together etc..yet aside from all that criticism, they somehow found franchise qb in the 7th round?!?

Agreed and u can slide me a plate of crow too.. If it happens

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post

Who the hell is expecting McElroy to develop into a franchise QB?

I think the majority of us would be happy as pigs in sh*t if he can just turn into a decent game manager who can hold the fort until we can draft a legit QB prospect.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy was sitting on the bench with no value 1 game ago. He could now probably be traded for a 4th round draft pick. By the end of this season the Jets might get a kings ransom for him. There is no debate. You give McElroy the rest of the season to see what he can do and increase his stock. Maybe he wins over the fans and coaching staff and he's our starter going into next season. When is the last time Sanchez won a big game for the jets? He hasn't won many. I give McElroy a better chance against Pittsburgh or the Patriots or the Ravens. Sanchez is a mess right now. Let's see what Big Mac can do!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    God, how many times have people posted in the past 2 years that Sanchez needed legitimate competition to succeed? So now he's got it, and everyone is still whining.

It was a long overdue move by Rex and he should start McElroy if Mark doesn't blow him away in practice this week. Competition folks, that's what you wanted, now you've got it. Be happy!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Greg We Trust.