Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy

McElroy

The kid is a winner. That is all there is to it. If he is not our Franchise QB he will be someone else's. He may not be the next Brady but he will be a Danny Woodhead moment if we let him get away.

Err, Danny ain't all that. He thrives in an offense where the D is forced to focus on the pass because of how dangerous Brady is.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    The kid is a winner. That is all there is to it. If he is not our Franchise QB he will be someone else's. He may not be the next Brady but he will be a Danny Woodhead moment if we let him get away.
    Someone else's franchise QB? Based on not even a full game? Seriously, how do these thoughts get into your head? I'm not saying it can't happen, but **** dude C'mon

Yeah Nick Saban's D, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram and Barrett Jones had nothing to do with them winning games

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe he is a franchise qb, but the odds of that happening are extremely small. Regardless your post is base all on bias, not on fact. Kind of like all your other posts here.

One more time.

I had the opportunity to watch every college game he played so.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8

I'm all for putting him in and us fans having a little fun with this, but calling him a franchise when he's played very little NFL ball is a bit of a reach, no? Let's just hold off on that for now, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    I had the opportunity to watch every college game he played so.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8
    Soooooooo what? I get you are excited that McElroy may get his shot here, but his college record is no guarantee of success. You are a fan of an SEC team correct?, I assume you have witnessed other SEC "winning" QBs that have not had success in the NFL?

And Sanchez is a loser right? He only holds the Franchise record for most playoff wins and carried his college team to a Rose Bowl.

uh Sanchize

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm all for putting him in and us fans having a little fun with this, but calling him a franchise when he's played very little NFL ball is a bit of a reach, no? Let's just hold off on that for now, lol.
    Well we have had four years of Sanchize, who was supposed to be a franchise quarterback. He has a hell of an arm and a pea sized brain, doesn't understand football at all and has the focus of a housefly and is from a ***** team like USC where he started a total of nine games....so I say give the National Championship QB a chance....no way an SEC QB can be worse than a ***** from USC.
    Last edited by marano; 12-04-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Practice Squad
    SUPER BOWL
    HALL OF FAME

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Why didn't 31 other teams want him? 1,2, 3?

Well we have had four years of Sanchize, who was supposed to be a franchise quarterback. He has a hell of an arm and a pea sized brain, doesn't understand football at all and has the focus of a housefly and is from a ***** team like USC where he started a total of nine games....so I say give the National Championship QB a chance....no way and SEC QB can be worse than a ***** from USC.
    I'm not saying he'll be worse (I honestly think he'll be an improvement), but being better than Sanchez doesn't exactly make one a franchise QB. I'm just saying we should take it slow, you know?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    And Sanchez is a loser right? He only holds the Franchise record for most playoff wins and carried his college team to a Rose Bowl.
    Who cares?

Holding the franchise record for playoff wins...for the NY Jets...means dick to me.

And yes, Sanchez is a loser.

Unless you surround this kid with an elite OL, running game and defense...he's nothing but a detriment to the team.

And even when you do surround Sanchez with a strong supporting cast, he's still nothing to write home about.

How long are you going to hang on to those two playoff runs?

Seriously

Veteran
    He might be a capable backup in the right system. The guy does not have the tools, arm strength specifically, necessary to be a long-term solution at QB in the NFL. He would have the weakest arm of any starting QB in the league. Jason Garrett is a better comparison than Chad Pennington.

I got to agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not saying he'll be worse (I honestly think he'll be an improvement), but being better than Sanchez doesn't exactly make one a franchise QB. I'm just saying we should take it slow, you know?
    That is sensible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Backup. We need to draft a QB and sign another one in free agency

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm all for giving him a chance (what do we have to lose), but I'll venture a guess that he'll be more like Danny Wuerffel than Danny Woodhead. He too was a winner. There's no such thing as a role player as a QB (except maybe Tebow, and we all see how that's going). Either he's starter caliber or he's not. He's got a long way to go to demonstrate that he is a franchise QB.

To state unequivocably that he will be a Franchise QB forfeits your status for seating at the adult table.

That is sensible.
    Now, with all that said, leggo G-MAC!

I hope so ....I hope so.