Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Only Good HC Jets have had since Walt Michaels was Parcells

  1. #1

    Only Good HC Jets have had since Walt Michaels was Parcells

    Rex, like his father should've stayed a defensive coach. Equally sad IMO I don't think the Jets have ever had a good GM or owner. Hence the B.S. with this team is the never ending story. The occassional flash just to give us fans false hope before it all comes tumbling down.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,078
    Parcells won a SB with the Jets?

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Parcells won a SB with the Jets?
    Yes, because you can't be a good coach without winning a super bowl

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Rex, like his father should've stayed a defensive coach. Equally sad IMO I don't think the Jets have ever had a good GM or owner. Hence the B.S. with this team is the never ending story. The occassional flash just to give us fans false hope before it all comes tumbling down.
    HEY!! ...... I was a great owner.

    I also think Dick Steinberg was a very good GM and would have gotten the Jets rolling after the false start of hiring Bruce Coslet. It's a tragedy he was struck down by stomach cancer.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Yes, because you can't be a good coach without winning a super bowl
    Didn't you know Brian Billick was a better coach than:

    Bud Grant
    George Allen
    Don Coryell
    Paul Brown
    Sid Gilman

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,185
    Since Parcells we have have had a healthy franchise QB for a total of 25 games. Chad Pennington in 2002 (14 games) and Brett Favre in 2008 (11 games).

    Franchise QBs make coaches.

  7. #7
    Al Groh might have been a good headcoach but he only stuck around for one year after posting a 9-7 record. Had a good pedigree with the Giants and Pats, and was a Parcells guy.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    596
    The Jets have not had a good HC since Parcells huh? So the years since Parcells have been the most prolonged success the team has ever had. So with only bad coaches in that time frame, one can assume the Jets were supremely talented and won in spite of these terrible coaches? If this is true, the GMs that built those teams must be very good right? But by your opinion, they're all incompetent? Try not to contradict yourself the next time you decide to whine just for the sake of whining.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,151
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Al Groh might have been a good headcoach but he only stuck around for one year after posting a 9-7 record. Had a good pedigree with the Giants and Pats, and was a Parcells guy.
    He was awful at Virginia but there was a reason Tuna and all his helpers scurried like rats. Parcells' going away presents to Curtis and Vinny left no cap space to draft Orlando Pace. Groh and Baby Bill saw what so many still can't.

  10. #10
    While Parcells was a great coach he only gave us one playoff apperance in 3 years. Herm was a good coach but couldn't get us to the next level. Mangini could have been a good coach if Brett Favre wasn't forced upon him.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    He was awful at Virginia but there was a reason Tuna and all his helpers scurried like rats. Parcells' going away presents to Curtis and Vinny left no cap space to draft Orlando Pace. Groh and Baby Bill saw what so many still can't.
    Orlando Pace was drafted by the Rams #1 overall in 1997, Jets selected James Farrior #8 overall after a few trade-downs.

    BOTH Curtis Martin & Vinny Testaverde (who was originally signed as a back-up to Glen Foley) signed with the Jets and were on the 1998 teams, not the '97 team.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Orlando Pace was drafted by the Rams #1 overall in 1997, Jets selected James Farrior #8 overall after a few trade-downs.
    So what's your point? The Jets had the first pick that year and traded it to the Rams (for very little in return, by the way). They could have -- should have -- taken Pace.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,555
    Yes Rex gets us to 2 AFC Championship games in his first 2 years with Mark Sanchez as his QB and he hasn't been a good coach. Please.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Yes Rex gets us to 2 AFC Championship games in his first 2 years with Mark Sanchez as his QB and he hasn't been a good coach. Please.
    Mangini already had a good foundation in place and Rex thrived with it. But Tannenbaum and Rex have slowly ripped the roster apart and the team stinks with their stamp on it.

  15. #15
    Under Rex the Jets are 33-27 & 4-2 in the playoffs with one of the worst QB's in the NFL. Just sayin.

  16. #16
    [QUOTE=Jets337;471Mangini could have been a good coach if Brett Favre wasn't forced upon him.[/QUOTE]

    Exactly. Mangini had us heading in the right direction until Favre. I still think Mangini will be a good coach when all is said and done. He was made HC way to early. Should never have taken the Cleveland job as that was an impossible situation with absolutely no talent on either side of the football. If woody kept Mangini im sure he would have exceeded Rex success, especially if he hired Rob Ryan as DC as he was planning on doing.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,571
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    He was awful at Virginia but there was a reason Tuna and all his helpers scurried like rats. Parcells' going away presents to Curtis and Vinny left no cap space to draft Orlando Pace. Groh and Baby Bill saw what so many still can't.
    I think many here see it. Some don't.


    Working for Woody is partially a puppeteer show.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Yes Rex gets us to 2 AFC Championship games in his first 2 years with Mark Sanchez as his QB and he hasn't been a good coach. Please.
    Not only that, he got there with Shotty as his OC.

    I think Rex can be salvaged with a complete overhaul of the offensive staff, but I am not sure that will happen.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,078
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Yes, because you can't be a good coach without winning a super bowl
    Now you understand.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Didn't you know Brian Billick was a better coach than:

    Bud Grant
    George Allen
    Don Coryell
    Paul Brown
    Sid Gilman
    Yes, didn't know if my sarcasm was picked up or not. Sort of like George Seifert had the highest winning percentage in NFL history until he went to the Panthers. Not because he was a great coach, but because he took over the 49ers in the middle of their run.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us